Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Does any one else think this album sounds like a backing track?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 337 Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 03 2002, 06:26

I like the composition, but it just seems like a backing track that Mike occasionally jamms over with guitar.(Very well i might add)
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 05 2002, 14:55

funney...i always thought of it as one of the ones that sounds the most varied....TMB sounds to me like a backing track where he plays guitar over. but thats me. i dno what other ppl think

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 22 2002, 06:27

Well, it does have a lot of nice guitar in it. There is some very nice other instruments in it as well. Excelent album all round.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 22 2002, 07:36

I'd not say it was like that for me, really...I think the parts tend to gel together quite well.

Thing is, of course, is that when the musician plays a guitar solo (or any solo...), he/she basically is playing over a backing track, if using the same kind of recording methods as Mike does. It can be quite hard for some people to get a real 'live' feel when sat in the studio recording parts alone.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: May 22 2002, 08:00

Wonderful Uses for Cloning #37292 (in a series of 2804868427803)

Multiple Musicians: Easily get that live feel in the studio while recording parts by yourself...

As used by Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield, Mike Oldfield and Tom Newman on NotBloodyTubularBells4. Mike also uses Sondela Glue, drinks Tubular Coffee, and does other things that you don't want to know at the moment.
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: June 11 2002, 08:24

Darn...can't believe I missed Studio Jam (now available in Strawberry, Raspberry and Guinness flavours)...
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 05:22

Tim, you're insane

--------------
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: June 22 2002, 05:25

I'll take it as a compliment, I get told that so often wink.
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Aug. 06 2002, 05:58

Yeah, it was meant as a compliment  :) I'm slightly insane myself you know (it's more fun this way...)

--------------
Profile PM 
8 replies since Mar. 03 2002, 06:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net