f) I don't like beer, and I don't like cheese. 2  [13.33%]
g) It must be a joke - nobody would ruin a good beer like that. 4  [26.67%]
Guests cannot vote

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Do you dunk your cheese?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 02:25

As often as I've listened to "I like beer, and I like cheese", not once had the thought of dunking the cheese in the beer occurred to me. And why would it? But I've recently discovered (on Foodgoat) that such a practice is not entirely unheard of, and I fear I may forever be haunted by the visual whenever I hear "On Horseback".

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 03:05

...but when it's strange and full of fear,
it's nice to dunk your cheddar in some IPA beer.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 04:43

Apparently it`s a process that may lead to a westerly breeze though if you`re not careful.Mind you I`m led to believe that the odour produced from such a breeze is not something entirely unpleasent.In fact I`ve even heard of people saying that they like it...Hey and away we go and all that..
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 05:35

I went for d). Though I'll be trying it later rather than now!

I'm more of a lager person myself (once got a personal christmas card from Tennents.....). I realise you "Camera" types will spit in disgust but I'll have to try dunking in both lager (cough spit) and also an ale of some sort which I imagine might work better.

What cheeses work best? I'm a chedder sort of guy usually but I imagine jarlesberg might work better?

Oh I do love cheese threads.....  :D

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 07:38

There is 1 option missing in the poll..

* Did you ever had or consider having sex with your cheese?

:D
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 08:21

Ok so my kids like cheesy beens (baked beans with cheese melted in)and i like ale so if i heat up some bers and some cheese and add them together.......no stop it.What a awfull idea.I'll stick to the 2 seperately.
 And prisoner......seek help :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Holger Offline

Posted: Mar. 11 2008, 08:51

Quote (Matt @ Mar. 11 2008, 11:35)
I went for d). Though I'll be trying it later rather than now!

Ditto. As for what beer... they're all good to me (well, almost all), but I imagine it might work well with stout?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2008, 19:39

Answer F - I don't like beer and I don't like cheese. But I do go on horseback every now and then. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2008, 07:01

D.  I have to admit, it doesn't sound like the best combination to me, but it would be foolish to turn my nose up at something I'd never tried.

I mean dunked chocolate biscuits in onion and garlic dip!  It sounds like a really nasty combination at first, but it's actually really nice!  ...Honestly!
 :D
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2008, 18:32

I must admit I've never tried dunking cheese into my pint of ale :O , but beer and cheese what a great snack :)  :D  :cool: .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Blind Faith Offline

Posted: Mar. 19 2008, 20:16

I do like white cheese in brine with my beer but not in the glass

The problem with this approach is that all that salt leeds to an increased intake of beer....

:laugh:
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 21:56

This thread reminds me of a story about Vivian Stanshall.Viv was known to have a little bit of a disregard for American people on the whole.Although I dare say he managed to befriend more than a fair few in all reality.Anyway one day whilst sitting in an English country pub at around about lunchtime.Mr Stanshall is about to partake of a pint of the landlord`s finest,and has just ordered from the bar for himself;a Cornish pastie.Just at that point an American couple walk into the bar who are quite clearly tourists on one of those all encompassing European tours.

I guess it kind of helps the story here if you imagine this couple being middle aged.Slightly obese and wearing gawdy floral shirts with camera hanging round their necks.But I do so hate to stereotype myself so I`ll leave that up to you.Somehow or other Stanshall ends up talking to this couple about whatever it is tourists and eccentric English musicians talk about.And the American guy turns to Viv and asks him.."So what is it that you guys have for your lunch around here?We`d simply love to sample some of your local food."

Quick as a flash Stansall replies.."Well why don`t you just have what I`m having..A cornish pastie and a pint of beer."At which point Stanshall then proceeds to dunk his pastie into his pint.Taking great big hearty bites out of it like it`s the most natural thing in the world and making yummy noises.

Of course this American couple think this is absolutely knock down fantastic and decide to join him.Meanwhile the rest of the bar are biting through their bottom lips trying to suppress their laughter whilst this couple.(napkins tucked into their shirt collars)Order their pints and pasties and proceed to follow Viv`s visual instructions to the letter.  :D Great stuff.The man should surely have been knighted if only for this simple act alone.
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: Mar. 20 2008, 23:21

I could not do any more than vote "e".  But I wish to say that I absolutely LOVE beer and cheese soup   :) .
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: Mar. 21 2008, 06:07

Great story Dirk Star.

Trouble is, I now fancy dunked pastie and a pint of Otter Ale for breakfast.

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
13 replies since Mar. 11 2008, 02:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net