Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: distortion on hdcd amarok, distortion on hdcd amarok< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
symansez Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 31 2004, 18:41

I recently bought a copy of Amarok HDCD off Amazon through a private seller for £5. I've played it several times and yes the sound on most of it is stunning! BUT, occasionally the sound is distorted (and i'm not talking about distorted guitars here). Anybody else spotted it, or do i have a pirated copy? - i don't think it is because the booklet and cd are top quality and the "markings" near the centre of the cd are very similar to the Ommadawn HDCD i have.
Profile PM 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2004, 18:52

Hi there!

Are you listening to it on an HDCD compatible equipment or on a standard CD-player?

That may be the point... ;)

-- Wayfarer

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
symansez Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2004, 19:11

non hdcd equipment. But the hdcd of Ommadawn doesn't distort at all.
Profile PM 
scienceguy Offline

Posted: Sep. 03 2012, 08:22

Quote (symansez @ Oct. 31 2004, 18:41)
I recently bought a copy of Amarok HDCD off Amazon through a private seller for £5. I've played it several times and yes the sound on most of it is stunning! BUT, occasionally the sound is distorted (and i'm not talking about distorted guitars here). Anybody else spotted it, or do i have a pirated copy? - i don't think it is because the booklet and cd are top quality and the "markings" near the centre of the cd are very similar to the Ommadawn HDCD i have.

I own and have checked multiple copies of the HDCD version of AMAROK and I can confirm that when played using source equipment that is capable of decoding the HDCD encoding there is absolutely no instance of any distortion whatsoever. The audio quality is amazing.

Without a doubt the HDCD version is the best. Period.  :)
Profile PM 
3 replies since Oct. 31 2004, 18:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net