Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Digital Sound Processor< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 10 2001, 09:54

Does anyone know what this is? What is it processing? What is it doing to the sound?

It sounds like an arpegiator to me.

On the Edinburgh video, they just show us an automated mixing desk.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: May 10 2001, 23:53

It is rather a vague name...sounds impressive though, which makes me wonder if it's yet another of those things named for its effect (the effect of the name that is)...

It could be what's making it pan around though...or maybe it refers to some sort of sampling delay unit which has that little arpeggiated loop stored in it...
Profile PM 
mta
Unregistered

Posted: Jan. 22 2003, 08:08

It is an arpegiator which is processed digitally (by a digital processor). Digital procession is a very general term that can include various treatments of the music stuff: eg. compression, equalisation, reversing, panning or even effects (like reverb, echo and other..).
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Jan. 23 2003, 08:40

I would go with saying that it's probably something they threw in as a joke, to refer to the amount of digital processing done on the album (highlighting the difference between that and the original Tubular Bells)...it actually sounds like a digital arpeggiator (or sequenced arpeggios...) playing a digital synthesiser to me - I'd guess they probably made up the sound to go with the name.
Profile PM 
mta Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 27 2003, 05:12

Korgscrew, I suppose it could be that since the most instruments in the album are digitally processed. So, they had to show this at the instruments announcements and they simply picked this arpeggiator ... But, maybe they used a single note which was digitally processed to produce an arpeggiator... It could be many things!
Profile PM 
4 replies since May 10 2001, 09:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net