Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Differing Emotions, Differing emotions between the two.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
grundie Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 15 2005, 07:58

Hello all,

With all the arguments over which version of TB is better, I thought I'd add my my opinions. I like both versions, but in different ways.

TB really wakes me up and gets me going, I frequently listen to it on the way to work. Perhaps the raw emotion Mike put in to the making of it rubs off on me.

TB2003 affects me in a different way, it relaxes me. I love listening to it in the evening whenI get home from work. It really helps me wind down. Again, I would hazard a guess that Mike's more relaxed approach to TB2003 is rubbing off on me.

Does anyone else feel the same as I do?
Profile PM 
Chicular Offline

Posted: June 07 2005, 06:05

I definitely feel different emotions between the 2.  A Minor Tune is less emotional on TB 2003, however the Acoustic Guitar part a the end of Finale on TB 2003 is far superior to the original, i love that part.  Peace is more emotional on the original as well.  I think Harmonics has more of an impact on TB 2003.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: June 08 2005, 07:35

Yep, the emotions are totally different in both of them. Making something "relaxing" out of Tubular Bells is just like making a slasher B-flick out of "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy", to me. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: June 08 2005, 08:04

On TB,the shy and depressed Mike appeared.On TB 2003,the happy and relaxed Mike appeared,and of course his state of mind had a major influence on his playing,even with the very same music! TB you've got the teen Mike and TB 2003 the mature Mike,in every aspect.

Even before TB 2003 came out,I wasn't much keen on TB,I was just a fan of Part One and part II didn't touch deeply.But with TB 2003,I do love both parts!

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since Jan. 15 2005, 07:58 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net