Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Did anyone remember the Oldfield fan club ?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 27 2003, 19:17

Does anyone remember the UK based fan club from the early 80's which was run by Janet Arnold?.If so,does anyone know of her whereabouts,e mail etc?.I still have all my letters etc that were sent to me after I joined.Long before the days of the internet.
Ian.
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 27 2003, 19:36

Janet Arnold is the sister of Sally Arnold Cooper(former Mike´s girlfriend)...a friend of mine here in Brazil did get in touch with her for a long time in the 80´s,with the Oldfield Music Ltd. sheet with "Directors M.G.Oldfield S.A.Cooper" and also the Tubular Bells symbol on it...he did get in touch way back in 1981 with some girl called Jenny(and I´ve got a copy of one of his letters he got from OML)...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: April 28 2003, 18:23

I am almost possitive that Janet was not the sister of Sally,I think you may have your wires crossed there!.Janet was just a fan of Mikes who turned her passion into a fan club.
Profile PM WEB 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: April 28 2003, 18:53

That info I´ve seen somewhere on the net,as well as I´ve heard it from a friend...

Now I´m intrigued....

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: April 29 2003, 14:24

Yes,I am sure it is a myth as I went to Janet's house and had tea with her and her family.She and her husband were friends with Mike and Sally as they had to deal with them regarding info for the fan club.She told me about going to visit them at their house for the first time,Mike's studio being very dark.

She also told me that she was sitting in Mike's Porshe with Sally listening to the first part of Platinum,explaining to Sally that it was Mike's voice whispering at the start as she didn't realise what it was until janet enlightened her.

I just have a very good memory in a sad kind of way ha ha.
Profile PM WEB 
Holger Offline

Posted: April 30 2003, 05:06

Quote (ian @ April 29 2003, 14:24)
She also told me that she was sitting in Mike's Porshe with Sally listening to the first part of Platinum,explaining to Sally that it was Mike's voice whispering at the start as she didn't realise what it was until janet enlightened her.

Oh! I never paid any attention to that. What does he whisper? I can't understand it.
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: April 30 2003, 17:34

He whispers "PLATINUM" very fast,I used to think it was a studio clitch or some bad editing.Have a listen and you will hear it or even slow it down if you have a sampler.
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since April 27 2003, 19:17 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net