Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Delirium (Who Was Once Delight), Ambient synth pads and guitars...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ktran Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 31 2004, 12:29

Hello everyone,

My latest effort is a piece entitled "Delirium," somewhat inspired by a character from the Sandman series of comics, specifically going through the sadness of an inevitable change.

The drums and synth pads are programmed, but everything else is real...

It's at the top of the list here:
My Soundclick Page

An ogg version later, perhaps.

I hope you enjoy it.

rgds,

--------------
Khoa Tran
www.suspendedseconds.ca
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Oct. 31 2004, 13:41

Ooo, nice and atmospheric. I like it! Aside from a slightly muddy production (which doesn't really get in the way) and drums that need reverb (stupid soundfonts, eh? lol) this is very nice indeedioso. The arrangement is very thought out and doesn't get boring. There's always changes everywhere and it really keeps me interested. The mandolin sounds good as well. I like how it ends with the piano. The only things that slightly bug me is that I wish is that the ending died out longer instead of the instruments cutting as abruptly as it does and when the distorted power chords come in the sound should be more bassy and less mid-y sorta sound...not straight out all bass all treble Metallica power chord sound but just a tad more recognizable in the bass and not so loud on the mid.

Great job!!!!

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
torbenyj Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2004, 17:09

hi
very well done
Profile PM 
Wayfarer Offline

Posted: Oct. 31 2004, 17:57

Nice piece, well played.

The first part of the piece sounds a bit... hmmm... dull? I don't know the exact word in english ;) A little (just a little bit) of reverb may help.

-- Wayfarer

--------------
My homepage - www.thewayfarer.info
My search - www.cannotbefound.com
My community - www.taurusiv.net
My luthier - www.artluthier.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ecco Offline

Posted: Nov. 01 2004, 01:22

Very nice idea, in our humble opinion.
Missed your always- a- pleasure- to- hear vocals on this one.

Julie and Tony

--------------
http://www.myspace.com/twilighttide
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2004, 11:17

Loved the pad in the beginning, your guitar sounds are very nice...that's the new guitar? (not really sure)

The Violin-like guitar sounds also great I love that sound!
Production is also good...keeps the natural feel of playing...doesn't take away anything important...

the solo is wonderfull...and really cool it's played with clean tone! :)

I like how it sounds...definitely very good song :) which would do well when sent to a label mate ;)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
ktran Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2004, 08:27

Thank you all for your comments. I've taken some of them to heart and redone the mix. The synth and drums now have more reverb on them, and I've reduced the compressor ratio on the final mixdown to keep the instruments a bit better separated and less muddy.

I've chatted off-board with Brandon about this... The reason the distorted power chords near the end of the clean solo sound more "midrangey" is that they aren't power chords!

The "violin-like guitar" is the incomparable e-bow. The new "custom" guitar (my project guitar) is used for the distorted solo and the clean guitar that plays at the same time as that solo. The rest is my strat-clone with active pickups, with a bit of VG-8EX thrown into the fray.

rgds,

--------------
Khoa Tran
www.suspendedseconds.ca
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2004, 11:54

That mix sounds better. The timing seems to have improved. Did you rerecord the clean guitar chords at the beginning?

As you say it sounds less muddy and clearer overall. The last few phrases are my favourite section. The mandolin showed through more than I remember hearing on previous mixes, but that might just be me
Profile PM 
7 replies since Oct. 31 2004, 12:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net