Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: DaVinci's Code in Mike's music?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
hiawatha Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 01 2006, 16:22

Quote (arron11196 @ Feb. 01 2006, 12:53)
Erm, excuse me for asking, but why are you thanking Alan for making a post? I'm sure it's up to the individual whether they read what they read here, or get anything from it.

Thank you for making a post pointing this out :)

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2006, 16:27

Quote (Ian Too @ Feb. 01 2006, 15:02)
Remember that the only authenticated hidden message in Mike's entire ouvre is : F.U.C.K.O.F.F.R.B.

In keeping with the monk-and-dagger aspect of this discussion item, why of course he's not referring to Richard Branson. That would be too obvious. He's making a dig at Rodrigo Borgia, a Renaissance-era Italian better known as Pope Alexander VI. !

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2006, 17:41

Quote (hiawatha @ Feb. 01 2006, 21:27)
of course he's not referring to Richard Branson. That would be too obvious. He's making a dig at Rodrigo Borgia, a Renaissance-era Italian better known as Pope Alexander VI. !

Well I, for one, am completely convinced. It's so obvious now you bring it to our attention, Hiawatha! Nice one.

(Isn't Richard Branson the guy who invented Christmas tree lights?)
Profile PM 
arron11196 Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2006, 18:26

(To EeToN) I would agree with that senitment - hence the statement regarding broad sweeping generalisations.

As Jonny Owl found, its great to have a theory, but just because a theory WORKS, maybe, doesn't mean to say it's RIGHT.

For example: Everyone here knows that we are made of flesh and blood. Prove it. Prove beyond any doubt, that I, as I sit here, am not really just a holographic simulation of a human in a giant computing program playing out its simulation to determine that everything, is, infact, 42. Just you try and prove that that isn't the case.

--------------
Arron J Eagling

Everyone's interpretation is different, and everyone has a right to that opinion. There is no "right" one, I am adding this post to communicate my thoughts to share them with like-minded souls who will be able to comment in good nature.

(insert the last 5 mins of Crises here)
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2006, 18:47

Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 01 2006, 17:41)
Well I, for one, am completely convinced.

Now we all know by now that "Make Make" is from the point of view of Mary Magdalene (who distinguishes herself from the more famous Virgin Mary by saying "we're not virgin"), and Oldfield's appearance on the record "Fine Old Tom" was an indication of approval of Tom Hanks acting in the "Davinci Code" film.

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
EeToN Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2006, 18:57

Though there is a sign that even Mike thought about and it's in connection with Incantations.

"It's eerie but one of the most beautiful part of the composition was just like a prophecy. It evoked the spirit of Diana who appeared five years later as Princess Diana. There's something weird in this all."

--------------
If I were music, I would be Enigmatism.
Profile PM WEB 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2006, 19:42

Quote (hiawatha @ Feb. 01 2006, 18:47)
Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 01 2006, 17:41)
Well I, for one, am completely convinced.

Now we all know by now that "Make Make" is from the point of view of Mary Magdalene (who distinguishes herself from the more famous Virgin Mary by saying "we're not virgin"), and Oldfield's appearance on the record "Fine Old Tom" was an indication of approval of Tom Hanks acting in the "Davinci Code" film.

And to take that one step further - You also need to take a look at "To France" which clearly talks about "Mary" who is "never going to get to France" which is where the Davinci Code takes place.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Feb. 01 2006, 20:31

Quote (EeToN @ Feb. 01 2006, 23:57)
Though there is a sign that even Mike thought about and it's in connection with Incantations.

"It's eerie but one of the most beautiful part of the composition was just like a prophecy. It evoked the spirit of Diana who appeared five years later as Princess Diana. There's something weird in this all."

Taking the Princess Diana theory one step further, Diana was born on 1 July 1961, making her a Cancerian. Cancer's ruling planet is the Moon, so Mike came up with the "Diana, Luna, Lumen" chant in  Incantations.  

I have another way out theory, that Hergest Ridge is not just simply a hill in the Herefordshire countryside, overlooked by Mike's then home, but is in actual fact a take off and landing point for alien spacecraft. Part 2 of Hergest Ridge has the "Thunderstorm"/"Martian" Section, during this section it's possible to hear alien voices speaking    ;) , Mike secretly had this amazing ability to communicate with aliens.  So Mike is a prophet and is also able to communicate with higher intelligence :D .  So see how easy it is to come up with madcap theories to fit around Mike's albums.

BTW Alan liked your post about L&S and Christmas lights :laugh: , now I know Mike has cracked the hidden code about them I'd like to invite Mike  to turn on my Yuletide lights, Later on this year.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2006, 03:26

Quote (moonchildhippy @ Feb. 02 2006, 01:31)
Mike secretly had this amazing ability to communicate with aliens.  

And you know, to this day there are those who still maintain that the strange extraterrestrial 'voices' on Light and Shade were achieved using vocaloid synthesising software. But then, some people are willing to believe anything.

I'm glad to see so many hidden truths coming to the surface at last in this thread.
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Feb. 02 2006, 07:55

"Piltdown Man"? I've always know that that voice was not human.

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Feb. 03 2006, 08:56

that was a fun discussion i must say!

my opinion however on the da vinci code is that it really is basically a novel, it most cases fantasy, it may appear to make valid poits, but as our good friend tony robinson found out, its not true!

@ Alan D - well done chap, youve really proved the point i was about to say when i began reading this thread!

you can take meanings and discover hidden messages in everything, i dont believe mike has set out do do any such thing, hes basically made beutiful music, that cleanses his own soul, something that is the mark of a great musician, hes done it so well its scary, i done believe that hes put in messages.

anyway must dash...!
:D

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
Korkesova Offline

Posted: Feb. 04 2006, 14:17

Mike inserted unknowigly into his music  code space intelligence. Last theory spaceregulations - "Theory space strings ". Very interesting theory, consequential  Einsteins theory relativity. He explains functional mode space - disordered motion 11 dimensions as wave string.  Reception music in brains same principle small scale. It is like as in the picture CD Heaven's Open.

Pipe dream, beauty, forms are unlimited, the same way as
incidence or sensation Mikes music.
Mike and we that know - fortunately !

--------------
it's never too late for me
Profile PM 
Bobby_F Offline

Posted: Feb. 06 2006, 11:53

This was hilarious chaps thanks!

Won't go into everything, but JonnyW is correct - Dan Brown achieved EXACTLY what he wanted to with the Da Vinci code - the sale of bucketloads of books.

To say he was motivated by bringing a 2,000 year old conspiracy theory to the public is patent nonsense.

And that's from someone who absolutely loved the book!!!  For what it is - a thumping good holiday novel - it is up there with the best.

I do though prefer Angels and Demons... wonder what ancient conspiracy he's trying to unveil there!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 06 2006, 13:30

Dan Brown actually discusses the novel on his website, located here. A movie of it? Hiawatha...I thought you were kidding! Too late for ideas on a composer, huh?  :/

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2006, 09:24

There have been other instances where someone's work of fiction ended up becoming something bigger.

Tolkien was said to be dismayed that some took "Lord of the Rings" so seriously as to actually be married in what was perceived to be Elven fashion.

Many now think that the Necronomicon is real, and was not just a fictional prop sprinkled effectively through H. P. Lovecraft's pulp fiction.

Looks like Dan Brown knew how to tap into just the right amount of Illuminati/etc conspiracy legend, Vatican mystery, and "Bible Code" in order to cash in.

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
timshen Offline

Posted: Feb. 07 2006, 22:34

Dan Brown's conspiracy theory doesn't hold much water in terms of historical accuracy, though it may be a cracking good read - read this reasoned reply to the Da Vinci Code.

Think about it, why wasn't Dan Brown himself assasinated or at least a target of assassins? Why would so many early Christians, before Constantine, lay down their lives for what they knew to be a lie?

As you can see, I don't think much about the claims of this book ,having researched church history myself and being fully convinced in the divinity of Christ, something far, far more exciting and liberating than the plot of the Da Vinci Code!!!!

--------------
Expect Great Things.
Attempt Great Things.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 08 2006, 04:11

Quote (Inkanta @ Feb. 06 2006, 18:30)
Dan Brown actually discusses the novel on his website, located here.

Just wanted to say that Inkanta's link is well worth clicking on if you're at all interested in these Da Vinci Code controversies. After all the debate, it's no bad idea to find out what the author himself thinks about it!
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Feb. 08 2006, 20:57

Quote (Alan D @ Feb. 08 2006, 03:11)
Quote (Inkanta @ Feb. 06 2006, 18:30)
Dan Brown actually discusses the novel on his website, located here.

Just wanted to say that Inkanta's link is well worth clicking on if you're at all interested in these Da Vinci Code controversies. After all the debate, it's no bad idea to find out what the author himself thinks about it!

Indeed, Alan! I also read Timshen's link, which was interesting.

For another "reasoned response" see the article that appeared in Skeptic, though quite frankly I am skeptical of the Skeptic. :O This should be a really helpful article, but I found issues with it. I pass it along as an exercise in critical reading, perhaps.

When reading an article in an area in which I am not an expert, which is virtually all areas of human knowledge, I look for certain things: 1) the background of the author that makes her/him/them an authority, 2) the way the article is laid out (e.g., is it logical? does the conclusion match what s/he/they said in the beginning they were going to do? is objective reasoning used? is it impartial? what is the bias? who is the audience?), 3) how does the content match up with anything I already know including information contained in other sources? 4) the references that are cited--are they from peer-reviewed or refereed journals? scholarly? who is the publisher? 5) date?-sometimes important--depends.

Well...those are a few key points, anyway, and I realise they're similar to how I look at websites.  

Although I don't know anything about the author (maybe I missed it on the website) other than he wrote a book published by Prometheus Books, there is much information about the magazine and it's founder and editorial board.  They even have an anthropologist amongst them. So what is my problem? The statement he makes about matriarchal societies (i.e., that none ever existed) and about feminism (I am no expert on feminist theory, but it would appear neither is he and there are no reliable supporting references in his bibliography): "All known human societies, past and present, are “patriarchal” in the sense that formal leadership both in society and in the home is predominantly associated with the male. “Women’s Studies” classes claim many exceptions, but those claims do not survive critical scrutiny."  That is just hog-wash and fails to understand what it means for a society to be partriachal or matriarchal. I could spend paragraphs going into this and giving some examples and explaining them in great detail. I'd start with the Haudenosaunee/Iroquois, but I'd drag us way too off topic.  When I finally get to my favorite university library (which happens to be Franciscan--great collection of religious resources and indexes) to round up whatever it was I was going to look up on philosophy, I'll look for some scholarly, well-cited papers on the DC. -- cos this was the only thing I came up with quickly online in a scholarly articles database (it's not a very comprehensive one, though):
Cohen, Mariam. The Da Vinci Code Dynamically De-Coded.
Source: Journal of the American Academy of Psychoanalysis and Dynamic Psychiatry 33, no. 4 (2005): 729-740. Sounds fascinating, eh? (Well..to me.) :D

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 09 2006, 03:54

Quote (Inkanta @ Feb. 09 2006, 01:57)
When reading an article in an area in which I am not an expert, which is virtually all areas of human knowledge ...

Well, therein lies wisdom. The worst and most dangerous kind of ignorance is found among people who think they are experts in areas where the knowledge base is murky and uncertain (eg - all of life! ).

The best book I read in the aftermath of reading the Da Vinci Code is Elaine Pagels's 'The Gnostic Gospels', which clarifies a great deal about the origins of the Christian church (where the waters are murky enough to encourage any number of vaguely plausible best-sellers! )
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2011, 17:13

Quote (EeToN @ Feb. 02 2006, 01:57)

Aha & he also performed a concert with a piece of music that he wrote especially for her wedding!.
SO the BELLS TOLLED 4 DIANA did they? very OM IN O US !, I ominous ! MOre to be told by the MaestrO maybe sOOn "ER" than U "thInK". ShIne would of liked this its a shame, Oh never MiND I am sure as in the ShUre in MiC the trUth wiII be sE3n in the end.
4 BELLS do have a voice and are well known 2 ring true, are they not?.

ShIne's other topics which may be of interest:-
http://tubular.net/forums....;t=5913
http://tubular.net/forums....l=shine

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
61 replies since Jan. 29 2006, 20:51 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net