Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: David Carradine, has died at 72.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 04 2009, 20:43

I usually get the news quicker on the internet than TV and I had a PC in front of me all last night at work. I took a freind to the hospital right after my shift ended this morning around 8AM to get a hysterectomy. After the surgery and an hour of the hour and a half wait in the recovery room, I finally got her room number assignment, went up there and watched TV. I find that David Carradine(Kung-Fu, Kung-Fu The Legend Continues, Kill Bill) hanged himself in a hotel. Huh??? It was exactly when TB1 was released that he enjoyed the lead role in a cult TV favorite. I'm kind of amazed, no I'm very amazed. He did not seem the type to do something like this. Wow. Strange times, strange times.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
HRFanUSA Offline

Posted: June 04 2009, 21:41

I'm saddened to hear this. David was a good actor and played some roles none of us "average" humans could ever live up to. I can only ask, "why?"

thanks for the update

Harry
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: June 05 2009, 03:50

Another fine actor succuming to the pressure of being celebrity with all the drugs, vice and emptiness to compensate for the lonely life that ensues, vale david, peace now, deb
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: June 05 2009, 05:38

Sorry, but I can't do the sympathy line here when this guy had 4 kids. They've been saddled with a burden now.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: June 05 2009, 05:48

Yeah that`s the way it`s reading in this morning`s papers Deb,it`s all a bit of a mess I must say.My wife was reading about it this morning with the paper flat down on her lap.And from my view point upside down I actualy mis-read the title of the article as "Hung-Fu Star Dies"..Just goes to show my expectations of the British tabloid press I guess.I actualy had to do about three double takes on it before I could convince myself I was seeing things.

I always remember the first time I went to the movies with my mates,rather than my parents.Sometime in the late 70`s I guess.Was to see a double-bill of films that were namely The Medusa Touch starring Richard Burton.An Anglo/French B movie affair about a guy who could bring about tragedy and disaster by sheer power of thought.And Carquake starring David Carradine,which to be honest I can barely remember what the hell that was about at all.But it had loads of cars getting smashed to bits in it I remember that much.Kind of like Death Race 2000 maybe but with slightly less racing and none of the 2000 element.Both movies were kind of wonderfully terrible though I deduced that much even then as an 11/12 year old kid.But I can remember seeing Carradine`s name back then as we went into the cinema and thinking.."Oh yeah great the Kung-Fu guy,I like him"..And kind of exciting as well I suppose because they were 14 plus movies,and we were under-age.You know you kind of wonder if your tiny blinkered mind is gonna` be able to cope with it all?..I`ve always kind of made note of Carradine`s name since then as a kind of throwback to that day somehow.In that respect it`s sad for me that he`s gone now..A highly regarded actor from a great acting family of course.
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: June 05 2009, 09:31

We don't know the exact circumstances.  We may never know the exact circumstances.  So can we please not engage in tabloid speculation?  Certainly we can leave that to YouTube philosophers.  Not that anyone here is doing that yet... I just don't want it to start.

Rest in peace, DC.

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Jesse Offline

Posted: June 05 2009, 12:28

it may have been a smsex accident. That guy still had some blood pumpin at his age.
Profile PM 
6 replies since June 04 2009, 20:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net