Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Customer Service for Music VR - anyone???< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TinkerBell Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 11 2002, 20:09

Anyone have any good ideas who I can email or phone about problems with the full Music VR download? Oldfield Interactive Ltd, registered in London, is probably a lawyers office ... and is unlikely to be able to help with technical queries, I would guess. In any case, there is no phone number listed for them in the End User License Agreement.

So I've now downloaded the full version **three** times now (at least 3.5 hours **each** time - so, no, I don't have broadband). The file length is different each time I download. I'm on my **fourth** download as I write.

In the Windows 98 file download dialog, it always claims that it is copying a file of size 52.5 MB - shorter than the advertised length. So is this the real problem? Even so, the file I get is always BIGGER than this.

The last download (this time 53.7MB) allowed me to enter my product registration ID, but then immeadiately hung the machine ... I have emailed back to the product registration site (at treslunas@mikeoldfield.com) - but I'm not too hopeful that I'll get a meaningful/helpful response.

Why doesn't www.mikeoldfield.com have an **explicit** Customer Support link - after all, this is software they are ***selling*** now (i.e. it is supposed to be of merchantable quality, isn't it).

Every other reputable software publisher I know makes provision for customer support. Why should Oldfield Interactive Ltd. be any different? It is a rather arrogant/naive thing to assume that the software (incl. installing) will be flawless - expecially if the installer software appears NOT to check the integrity of the download!!! mad

Why doesn't the web site offer different ways to do the download e.g. split the download into several more manageable pieces? Please?
Profile PM 
jgutierrez Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 09 2002, 14:58

I am very disappointed too. After several frustrated attempts, I cannot install it. When I try to introduce de registration number I get ALWAYS an stupid message: "Network connection failed! Try again later". Actually, customer service of this Oldfield's bussines is terrific.
Profile PM 
1 replies since June 11 2002, 20:09 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net