Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Cross and Fenn: where do they play?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ugo Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 21 2000, 18:18

Hi again...this is for GMOVJ especially but if the others want to join in, they're of course quite welcome!! smile

GMOVJ, you said you have the original vinyl LP with sketches (probably by MO),on the inner sleeve, specifying exactly the places where each voice and each instrument is. So you can maybe help me on the following question:
Can you tell me where and when do Tim Cross and Rick Fenn play their respective instruments (keyboards and guitars) since MO is (rather obviously) also credited with them in the sleeve notes?
Thank you in advance.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: June 22 2000, 05:19

Hi Ugo !
Well, it's a quiet difficult question! When I told about the inner sleeve, you've got to know that :
1) It's only the begining of Taurus 2 that is represented.
2) There's no time at all, you've got to interpret it !!!
3) It may be a joke by MO !

But all right, I'll try to find it (what a challenge !!! smile)!

And if Olivier agree, I'll scan the innersleeve and send him. To publish it ? If you prefear I'll send it directly to anyone who asks.

Bye to all
GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Posted: May 04 2004, 18:06

To revive an old thread:

I was going to post a similar topic. I think Rick Fenn mostly plays the passages that aren't full of the Oldfield trademark vibrato, though there aren't other descerning characteristics of Rick's style.

As for Tim Cross, it could be any of the synth passages. There aren't any really flashy bits of keyboard work that Mike couldn't have played himself - possibly the fugue bit of Oribadoo. The extra musicians weren't necessarily used for their unique skills, more for touring with Mike so that he had a proper band line-up
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: June 25 2023, 14:10

I suspect that Rick Fenn plays the bass guitar on "The Deep Deep Sound". Just before the vocals begin, there is a bass solo, that sounds a lot like the bass improvisations Rick played in live shows from that era. Mike is a great bass player, but that "ornate" bass style is not typical for Mike.

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
3 replies since June 21 2000, 18:18 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net