Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Crime of Passion< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ElJane Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 21 2003, 18:23

It is such a shocking song, the lyrics, the way it is performed, the voice of Barry Palmer, the music and the rest; and still it's so painfully beautiful. Do you think it contains elements of Mike's real life?
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2003, 13:29

I´ve read somewhere that it has connections to Mike´s mother death.BTW,she´s on the cover of the single.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 22 2003, 18:37

"Crime of passion" is freely based upon a real-life story which happened in 1852, about a 19-year-old English girl, whose name was Elizabeth Jane; she got married to a Portuguese man, but even after she married him she continued to lead a sort-of ... ahem ... reckless life :). Her husband had some patience for a while, but he finally lost it all and challenged in a duel (with guns) the last one in a long series of 'friends' of her wife. She happened to walk by chance into the duel's site, and she oddly threw herself in between, to avoid that her lover killed her husband - but obviously the one who got killed was her. Her husband, love-crazed like always, lived three more years, obsessed by her ghost (which he used to 'conjure up' from the bottom of a whiskey bottle...), and then he killed himself.

This story was explained to me by an Italian friend of mine, a history teacher (who did quite a lot of research on it), so I tend to believe it is really true. :)

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
2 replies since Nov. 21 2003, 18:23 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net