Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: CRAZY ANGER part of amarok...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 17 2005, 21:21

Imust say that its one part from amarok that gives me a anger picture of mike. Its the piltdown man that goes crazy or something...

hoover scot part from amarok or 42:00 on the orginal album. You hear the gitar slow down and tikking in the background. Then suddenly a wave of anger slam out your speakers in anger like : AAH A A AA A A A A  A!!!!!!!

Is this mikes frustations of virgin maybe?  :p

whatever.. its goood...
my friends that dont have heard so much of mike would maybe wonder but sometimes when im angry i hear this part of myself..

It gives me a pleasure in pain inside.. it get out my bat and its like screaming out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Imust laugh.... sometimes i forgot that my cat is inside my house and he hates that piece ha ha
he jump and run  :p

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
hiawatha Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 18 2005, 10:35

Quote (TUBULARMAN @ Mar. 17 2005, 21:21)
Imust laugh.... sometimes i forgot that my cat is inside my house and he hates that piece ha ha

Is the cat in the kitchen, drinking milk?

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Daddybird Offline

Posted: Mar. 18 2005, 15:45

Quote (hiawatha @ Mar. 18 2005, 10:35)
Quote (TUBULARMAN @ Mar. 17 2005, 21:21)

Is the cat in the kitchen, drinking milk?

I think the cat is playing some piano.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Aug. 10 2011, 22:21

And are you crazy and are you happy???  :cool:

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2011, 19:56

@ Tubularman: Korgscrew gave me his interpretation of that section some time ago, and I tend to agree with him. He said that the Caveman is trying to repair the statue mentioned in the story (which, according to the story, is what produces the music) and the seven hits are the Caveman's hammer hits. At 42:23, you can hear that his repair job was successful. :)

P.S.: My cat loves music. Whenever I play Amarok she usually sits on my lap and purrs most of the time. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Aug. 11 2011, 21:28

Ugo, at what time in Amarok do you hear the 7 strikes?
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 09:02

@ nightspore: straight from the Amarok Analysis, which is right here, and from my own memory, the first hit is at 42:08, and to me it doesn't sound angry. It sounds like someone who is making a great effort.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
0+1(I1) Offline

Posted: Aug. 12 2011, 15:07

"Yes UGO"! not angry MOre FRUSTRATED would one not say?
MAYBE it didn't work for them  :/ ! HI(N)T hi(n)t?  ;)

HERE is my analysis of what I THINK I hear HERE! but please folks, be4 U jump remember he said "Cheer up cloth ears,"  "it's only a fairytale, innit?" & so is mine maybe? my journey has been nearly 40 years in length & I/we have seen many things, So be sure to read the travel guide from front to back! in its great length & understand fully its entirety be4 U GO 2 IOOЖ, ЯRead the bOOk!et it speak to your mInd.
Now see it here. http://tubular.net/discography/AmarokStory.shtml
I say, I say, I say:- IDOL GOLD IDOL, mICheaI GOrDOn OIDfIeId, I C 1 GOD OO ID I I, yes but did U hear 1T & can you reproduce its sounds or tell of what it said oh mySTiC MaestrO?!.  SORRY I got somewhat IOST there, a little off topic 4 sOMe I suppose, I know yet MAy it DAWN on you sOOn that what you see in our VERSION is very nearly or perfectly true.
NOT GOT IT YET! THEN PLAY THE WHOLE THING IN ALL ITS SPLENDOR HERE:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJjGTxoXtSI  

AMAЯR۞Ж & what I1 thinks he MAY HEAR?
TIMES TO STRANGE SOUNDS. Have you got a graphic EQ on your comp sound card & controls for balance L/R?  Plus if you play the album using widows media player, on the top menu select VIEW--ENHANCEMENTS--play speed settings & you get the option box up in your player, here you get fine level control over the speed of play back. GOOD LUCK & don't 4get 2 clean your e@rs.

mins/sec                                                WHAT I THINK I HEAR  

a         1     19            OB BID IT BA or DA ?  (sound repeats at 2 min mark, I have it on good authority that the word DA has links to being the sound of GOD? anyone with further knowledge on this please feel free to enlighten us!;)

b         2      39            FAR SO FAR words + HAPPY

c         5      46            earth fire wind & water   (please note this is not a voice its just the sound of the music, I think if you play this you will start to hear how many times MO uses this bit in other albums FOR EXAMPLE AT 2':00 into the end part of LOST VERSION see link at bottom of page & it can also be heard in Ommadawn).

d         9      56            TALKING OUT MY\YOUR NAME

e        15     00             ORDER    BUSY

f         15     14             BUSY

g        15     56             tea/DRINK sound + WATER!!!

h        16     50             (tired) sigh

i         17     45             (BRUSH TEETH)  

j         18     00             (SMASH sound)

k        20     00             SCULPTOR

l         21     37             (crash sound) AY

m       24     33             ORDER

n        26     08             (sounds like people praying)note there is already an in depth analysis of what is said throughout this YET I am convinced the last word is TROUBLES

o        29     27             SO FAR

p        31     50             ONE--ONE repeating

q        32     40             TALKING OUT MY\YOUR NAME

r         33    14              SOMETHING ELSE out/up? THERE

s        33    33              TORN

t         36    35              howling sound

u        37    47              RUN jon/ron?

v        42    07               (ranting bang)

w       42    27               OMEGA (or/&) OH MY GOD ? repeats several times.

x       44    00                HA HA HA

y       44    12                 SOMETHING ELSE UP THERE (followed by) TORN

z       44    59                 SO FAR

aa     46    00                 UP UP (or something like that repeats)

bb     46    41                 (telephone rings) then you hear a voice rant what sounds like a name followed by TEL PHONE, to me it sounds just like my father sounded when the phone used to ring,
                                                                                                                                                            he would shout; "MOM" (gap) "TEL" (gap) "PHONE!".

cc     49    33                 UM PAR PAR ?

dd     50    19                 FATHER (or) FURTHER?

ee     53    35                 (bells)

ff       54    07                 YOUR NAME

gg     54   34                  (Thatcher speech)

hh     55   07                  SOLAR

ii       55   30                  SOME DAY NOW----SOMETHING HAPPEN SOME DAY NOW

jj       58   14                 (sounds like a tribal debate)

kk     58   43                  SOME DAY NOW---WHO SAW MY (CASTLE?)--MY WAY NOW-- then the last line I can not work out!, possibly SOME DAY SOME DAY NOW.

( Note I am not saying I am sure of my interpretation of the sounds/words but please remember how MO likes to play with sound/language, just poss is it not, that he would choose words in a
                                    African tongue that would sound like English words in order to get them to sing  something that sounds like English?.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINK TO PAGE CONTAINING LOST VERSION OF OMMADAWN
http://tubular.net/forums....06;st=0

--------------
L◎ST ◎MMADAWN VERSI◎N RIDDLE ANSWER
 mIChaeI GOrDOn OIDfIeId.
=  I C   1  G◎D   OO ID I I
or replace the L's that were turned in to I's & 1 gets
ID◎L G◎LD ID◎L (4 ANSWER IN FULL + EXPLANATION, C ALBUM SECTION/☮MMADAWN/i-say-i-say-i-say-i-say-in-answer4XXX4Acr⊕ss
Profile PM 
7 replies since Mar. 17 2005, 21:21 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net