Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Countdowns< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 09:59

OK, I gotcha covered right here. This should provide endless hours of counting fun:

http://www.singtolearn.com/Math.html

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 10:49

the wierd thing about Crystal Clear is the countdown is way out of time.Makes me wonder what NASA would do if they were counting down using the guy who does it on Crytal Clear.5............4..3...............2....1NOW."Er Houston can we get someone who can count in time please-we er sort of missed the mark".

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 13:11

:D - yes the guy on Crystal Clear sounds like he might be nodding off between 3 and 2.

Also - I like the "we have lift off" roar of engines that Mike created there.

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 13:31

Hannibal Lecter's favorite pianist Glenn Gould: "I've come to feel over the years that a musical work, however long it may be, ought to have basically—I was going to say 'one tempo' but that's the wrong word—one pulse rate, one constant rhythmic reference point. Now obviously there couldn't be anything more deadly dull than to exploit one beat that goes on and on and on indefinitely – that's what drives me up the wall about rock, you know, and... about minimalism... [...] Anyway, I would never argue in favor of an inflexible music pulse, you know, that just destroys any music. But you can take a basic pulse and divide or multiply it, not necessarily on a scale of two, four, eight, sixteen, thirty-two, but often with far less obvious divisions, I think, and make the result of those divisions or multiplications act as a subsidiary pulse for a particular movement or section of a movement.... So in the case of the Goldberg, there is in fact one pulse, which—with a few very minor modifications—mostly modifications which I think take their cue from ritards at the end of the preceding variation, something like that—one pulse that runs all the way throughout."
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 13:44

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ Mar. 25 2009, 00:10)
Numbers by Kraftwerk live, Minimum Maximum tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XYuuhcXPQ

Well, how much is actually "live" of Kraftwerk live is disputable. :laugh: But the video is great - I think I'm going to buy the whole thing on DVD. I have nothing of Kraftwerk, hopefully I won't be disappointed. :)

@ Olivier: cool quote, thanks for putting it here. :cool:

@ Wiga: I don't remember right now how does "Crystal Clear" go, but according to what you write above the countdown is not meant to sound like a NASA thing but to go with the beat. Also, I think that the voice itself sounds like a sample from the self-hypnosis tape; maybe also on that tape the numbers were not meant to be evenly spaced.

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 14:17

Doctor Lecter has excellent taste (in music). Earlier today, on facebook, I included Gould's Goldberg Variations in my list of 5 albums of excellence. Both recordings are superb. I don't know what to think of that quote, but there's indeed a bass line presented in the beginning of Goldberg Variations (Aria) that works as a basic framework for the whole composition. Maybe that's what he meant? But what does that have to do with countdowns?  :D
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 25 2009, 17:24

Quote (Ugo @ Mar. 25 2009, 13:44)
I think that the voice itself sounds like a sample from the self-hypnosis tape;

Like a rich 80% dark chocolate voice - "Let Go..O"

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2009, 04:18

The Crystal Clear narration is by Mike Joseph,and is definetly from a self hypnosis tape of some sort according to the album credits.

I`ve linked this before on here,but in the early 90`s there was a track going about the Ibiza chill-out circuit called The Hypnotist by Sisterlove.So ok Mike`s track blows this effort out the water imho,but I did wonder at the time if Mike was familiar with it at all?

The Hypnotist Sisterlove
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Mar. 26 2009, 04:43

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Jumpin' Jack Flash by the Stones, I know when Mick Jagger comes in with "ONE TWO" it's gonna be a great song  :cool:  :)  :D .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2009, 10:36

The Final Countdown by Europe.Ultimate cheese! :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2009, 21:36

@ Caveman: as far as I remember, Europe's "The Final Countdown" has no countdown in it. :D

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2009, 22:03

The Pointer Sisters Sesame Street Song

Far out man.. :cool:

Alan Partridge World Cup Countdown

"He must have a foot like a traction engine..  :laugh:

Here`s a live clip of the Stray Cats song I mentioned earlier.."I`m the rockingest cat in the galaxy...10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,,,Blast Off"...Man they don`t write em` like that anymore.
Profile PM 
mikeythewaterboy Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2009, 04:13

Adam in Chains by Billy Idol had a countdown on it. From the so-bad-it's-good album Cyberpunk. It's from a hypnosis tape I think!
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2009, 04:47

Talking of Alan Partridge - "Dan!!" is my favourite clip, and actually I think it can be linked to a real Nasa countdown - if you check out the even spaces between each "Dan!!"  

Alan Partridge - Dan!!

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2009, 06:24

That would be the East End version of NASA where they do a "Countdan".. :p

Sorry about that,great clip btw I forgot about that one.My eldest son is called Daniel so I know exactly how Alan feels.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2009, 06:53

:laugh:  - Countdan!!

The Dans and Daniels I know generally get some stick with the "Dan!!" call - hope your lad doesn't encounter the same problem.

--------------
Profile PM 
35 replies since Mar. 20 2009, 13:11 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net