Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: contest, t-shirts & zippo's to be won< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
oblique Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 06:50

At the risk of being moderated for this...

This site of german electronics store Conrad holds a contest with lots of goodies you can win.

Conrad

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 07:01

Thanks for that-just been on there & entered the competition,
only problem is,don't understand the language - think it was wishing me good luck at the end,hope it was anyway :O  :)
Profile PM 
Solus Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 07:33

Can only Germans enter the competition, or is it free for anyone? I'm from Croatia, and it would be good if I could participate, but I doubt it...

--------------
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 07:54

I see nothing that gives any restrictions on who can enter.

For those puzzling, the question is "What is the name of Mike Oldfield's new album?". Anrede is title (you can choose Herr - Mr - Frau - Mrs - or Ohne Anrede - no title) Vorname is first name, Nachname is surname, and eMail-addresse is obvious! By entering, you agree to them an announcement (i.e. that you've won) in words/images, and to subscribe to the Conrad newsletter (so perhaps be careful what email address you give them, unless you're sure you know you're going to be able to manage to unsubscribe). No legal recourse is possible (i.e. their decision is final, taking them to court if you don't win won't work...).

Up for grabs are five MP3 players signed by Mike, ten Mike Oldfield T Shirts, ten Mike Oldfield lighters, and vouchers for use at Conrad's store (one 50 euro, two 25 euro and five 10 euro).
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 10:23

Does this sort of thing violate moderation rules, Korgscrew?

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 10:41

No, not at all. It's perfectly on-topic here, and I think it's likely to be of interest to a lot of people here. There'd only be a problem if it was spam advertising in some way, or if it appeared to be a scam (though whether we'd delete it or just post a warning might depend on the circumstances).
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 10:52

I found it very interesting at least in that it shows L + S lighters and t shirts. One of which can be be used to get rid of the other in case of dissatisfaction.

Perhaps they can take all those unsold "Lord of the Rings" gold rings and engrave them with some sort of L + S logo and resell those.

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 12:30

Really, most appropriate would be lighters and sunglasses - then the well-to-do fan will always have his light and his shades.

Lighters would be good things for the slower numbers at a gig...shame it won't happen.

Judging by some of the reactions to the album, perhaps the lighters could be used to dispose of that too (I guess those who get a T Shirt could just wrap the album up in that, spin round with it like a hammer thrower and chuck it into a river...not that I'm in favour of polluting the waterways, you understand...).

By the way, I forgot to say that the 'Videobotschaft' is a little video message from Mike - click 'Download - Videobotschaft' to watch it (you'll need something that can play Windows Media files to open it). Looks like the kids left their webcam connected and Dad just couldn't resist having a play with it...
Profile PM 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 12:34

Quote (Korgscrew @ Oct. 07 2005, 12:30)
Lighters would be good things for the slower numbers at a gig...shame it won't happen.

A gig? Slower numbers? Or both?

--------------
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
afghan Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 12:54

has anybody heard the bonus track mike is talking about on the short video clip :D

--------------
may you never run aground or fall into the deep deep sound
Profile PM 
Piltdownboy on horseback 22 Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 13:33

For the competition you have to answer: what's the name of the new album?
Oooh, tough question, can anybody help out on this one ;) .

--------------
"And now we're going to play Platinum!"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 16:32

The answer is of course Master Of Puppets.

There's another competition on mikeoldfield.de - again, it's basically for the purposes of collecting people's contact details, so think carefully about what information you give them. Again there are lighters and T Shirts to be won.
Profile PM 
11 replies since Oct. 07 2005, 06:50 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net