Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Contest< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Delfín Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 29 2001, 12:40

When I decided to open this post, I could never ever expect to learn such a lot about the hidden links that Mike has between his music.

I have to witness you as Mike literates, and, as I promised, I have a good present for the winner, but just because it is so hard to find it I will send it to everyone that have shared this contest. I will say the present has nothing to do with Mike, nor with music at all, but I'm sure you will find it funny, or at least curious.

Give me just a few says because I have some problems now with my e-mail adress because I'm in Ireland and it's hard to get to it, but anyway... hope you enjoy it!!! wink

And a big hug to all

Delfín>

--------------
The most precious thing I possess, is knowing the answer's yes
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Oct. 29 2001, 12:45

Oh! And the discussion continues... biggrin biggrin biggrin:

--------------
Profile PM 
ChiRho Offline

Posted: Oct. 30 2001, 03:44

So ... are we going to put a curb on the cheating?

--------------
<P>Mr. ChiRho
Email to chirho@mine.nu.almost (guess what drops)
Visit ChiRho Network Central [URL=http://www.chirho.i12.com/]http://www.chirho.mine.nu/[/URL]
Check the forums (topic suggestions still welcome[URL=http://forum.chirho.mine.nu/]http://forum.chirho.mine.nu/[/URL]
Profile PM WEB 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Nov. 02 2001, 22:40

Unsure about that one. It's now past 1/11/01, which means that the Contest is over, so whatever happens next is up to Delfin.

-Tim-
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Mar. 03 2002, 20:48

Sorry, i'm a bit late. smile
I have noticed that the Let there be light theme appears in Amarok, but mainly the Punkadiddle tune thingy sounds very much like a slowed down version of the droning bagpipes bit in Tubular Bells. Has anyone mentioned the similarity between Taurus II and Orabidoo, in that fast synth section? THe 'sondela' bit of Amarok is one of the main themes in THe Wind Chimes. When the Nights on Fire is almost indentical to Islands.

I probably could find some others, but I'll leave them till later. So, who won?

visit www.global.net.au/~holmangp

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Delfín Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2002, 15:46

Oh, Raven 4x4x, thanx for all your contributions, unfortunately the contest finished in that date and the winners were equally Ugo and Tim Highfield, and the price was an e-mail with a web adress in which you can download 450 old spectrum games and the emulator, although I never knew if they received it confused. Anyway, the important thing is to find a good spot in which we can interchange and enrich our ideas... so go on anybody who think you can share something new!!!!! wink

Delfín>

--------------
Profile PM 
Pikalcazar Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2002, 12:29

Have you heard these ones?

1) INCANTATIONS PART 1 and PART 2 Beginning: Part One 6:30 to 8:00 app. backwards is the same as Part Two beginning! wink

2) SALLY (I'm just a gorilla) and PUNKADIDDLE: When the lyrics say "Sally, I'm just a gorilla...", is the same melody as Punkadiddle (guitar).

But unfortunately, the contest finished... :/

Greetings.
Profile PM 
Pikalcazar Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2002, 12:36

And another one, the hard melody in Fast Riff Intro (Amarok), 1st Minute, is repeated sometimes inside the entire album: 1:55, Boat, etc...
Profile PM 
27 replies since Sep. 22 2001, 10:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net