Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Congratulations Mike, discussion< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
dreamweaver Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 13 2004, 03:43

This should be like a birth !!!! 10 years of labour and today is it's birthday :D   Congratulations Mike, this is superb and I hope it has turned out to be everything you hoped, dreamed and imagined!

My first impression and realisation is that it's a mega huge map.  It's a bit overwhelming because obviously there's no structured 'game play' as with other games.  AND I AM SO PLEASED! The problem i've had in the past with other games is keeping up and not getting lost. With this one it doesn't matter how good, how fast or how talented you are.  You just play.  There's going to be the competitive among us who want to collect all the medals and be the first maestro.  I'm not one of those.  I'll leave that to the testosterone masses I think   :D
My approach is to wander around at my own speed taking in the sights and sounds I'd like to fly around with other members - I'm networked at home and have a massive server - so I could host
I think this is so cool I can't really put it into words...  Except, in my very humble opinion - this is a hell of an achievement Mike.... be proud. X

--------------
I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
Some letter of that After-Life to spell:
And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
And answer'd "I Myself am Heaven and Hell:"
Profile PM 
Lars Offline

Posted: Mar. 13 2004, 20:03

this afternoon i was talking in my poorest french with mike while he was guiding a couple of newbes like myself in this wonderfull game.
this game is promising a lot :)
now i have to feed my cats, they are very hungry after playing several hours..
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 13 2004, 22:14

What events led to Mike chatting in French?
Profile PM 
dreamweaver Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 02:04

it was a really nice experience!  As we were playing he was giving hints and tips - brilliant!  I didn't have the nerve to ask mike anything directly -I just followed everyone else's conversation and replied when he asked us something as a group .   :D

--------------
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 07:38

ahhh,did you go all shy Michelle? :D that's not like you. ;)
Profile PM 
lars
Unregistered

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 11:36

Quote (Korgscrew @ Mar. 13 2004, 22:14)
What events led to Mike chatting in French?

being polite, because one of the avatars  was only speaking french.
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 12:47

up to this moment what i can say about maestro is that the environment is great, a huge place to explore full of details, clues and "mysterious" objects here and there. it really gives that 'quest feeling'. i love that.

this morning i played online for the first time and enjoyed it. the new active servers b.b and the system to communicate are really improvements if compared to tr3s lunas. very tidy and clear. it will be much more easier to meet and do things with others when we learn more about the place. i think we can have good moments playing online. now it's maybe a bit confusing because it's not always easy to know what places the others are talking about or what to do or where to go. a question of time i guess :-)

my fave place from what i've seen till now is the big ridge with the glass man on the top. beautiful mountains. it's so good to go there to breathe a bit when u've been for long through the tunnels. would be just perfect to fly there listening to a wistful melody sung by a guitar...

i'm enjoying it.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2004, 15:05

I tried it online for the first time. It was great being able to chat to Mike online even if it was only about tips for the game. He introduced everyone to the gravatars. I don't think anyone has found them yet, but it's the key to becoming the 'Maestro' of the game

I knew a bit of French too and helped out a user. I think her username was Marjorie

I agree with maria. The mountain forest world is the best. The dinosaur world is quite similar too and is even larger. I found my way through the labarynth but haven't found anything else yet there. I got as many as 6 medals, but some users spoke of already finding them all!
Profile PM 
dreamweaver Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2004, 02:06

Quote (qjamesfloyd @ Mar. 14 2004, 12:38)
ahhh,did you go all shy Michelle? :D that's not like you. ;)

i am a shy little flower really   :p .
He gave me some great tips, and it was a nice relaxed atmosphere. I felt quite protective when players started bugging mike for answers about a new album and other non-game questions. (Sorry to everyone  :/ )
but as we were in a game environment, it should be game questions only. It was good of mike to make himself available like that, and I for one was really grateful.  :D
Mind you, I finished early last night... major headache too

--------------
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2004, 07:32

But why should it be just about the game? If Mike is going to be cool enough to go online and chat with fans he should at least expect to err...chat with them. I mean he is providing his fans with a very rare one on one opertunity to talk with him, afterall he rarely plays live these days so this is the only tenuous contact his fans have. It has to be said from past experiences of these things he never answers questions along the lines of 'when are you going to write another Amarok? He only answers the more general light hearted questions. Fair enough and completely understandable, so my advice to anybody lucky enough to chat with him is keep it light hearted, but I would certainly be a bit miffed if all he ever chatted about was the game. Anyway I thought one of the reasons he included the chat feature was so fans could get to know each other online, so that should include him to. I can't wait to join in.
Profile PM 
dreamweaver Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2004, 09:40

As far as i could tell, while I was in the game zone, those players who tried to ask non-game questions weren't answered (I apologise if i'm wrong).   As for it being a general Q&A session - I'm sure that if that were the case, it would be held on a general forum, not in a game environment.

--------------
Profile PM 
TOBY Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2004, 10:32

But part of the point of it being within the game is so people can also chat generaly. That was one thing TresLunas really lacked was the ability, when you saw an Avatar, to chat with them, ask them where they were from etc, etc. I'm glad Maestro has the feature. Also Mike said himself to fans that  wanted to meet him that they could meet him within the game enviroment, so why not have a general chat with them?

I don't mean to make a hugely big deal out of this, I do think its great he's doing this sort of thing and I am a fan of the MVR concept. I also understand completely why he doesn't want to take part in this and other forums but like I said earlier, since he has such little contact with his devoted fans it would be nice of him to chat freely with them for once. Anyway I'm sure he will, and if I were him I certainly wouldn't answer questions like 'whats the new album going to be like? Because I doubt he even knows.
Profile PM 
oldfield_fan Offline

Posted: Mar. 15 2004, 11:09

Sure, you can have a nice discussion but only if you see that he's willing to talk about it. Well, just use common sense... of course, if everyone asks him personal questions all the time, we may scare him off.  Like Michelle said, non-game questions are often just answered with a smile and he says something like "that's another story".

While I was connected, I personally never felt that anyone was going too far, and our spirits were high at all times. I think he just wants to be there to help us a bit and is happy to see that everyone have a good time in his world that he created for us. If he doesn't want to discuss certain questions, we must respect that! I don't think he meant to be in focus all the time, but just be a part of the game. And he's more than happy to help you with game-related questions, so he's very pleasant to everyone! Please, just don't ask anything stupid that may destroy this relationship =)

Peace

/ Johan
Profile PM 
12 replies since Mar. 13 2004, 03:43 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net