Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Composing: "GuitarsPlayedByDS", Introducing one of several new parts.< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
TheMann Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 29 2012, 04:35

Dear friends,

let me risk my neck, and offer you one of the pieces I have worked on during the three last years.

I have commited myself to write a suite of related tracks, all played by myself on the electric guitar. No drum loops, no keyboards.

Does this work have some kind of right to exist? Well, who knows, but I hope so, obviously... We all know of at least one composer, who, in the past, tried to create a full-length work using nothing else than guitars ...  I find this very idea quite thrilling; what can be archieved with only a single instrument? (I am not talking about long guitar solos here; I am not even talking about 'guitar music', paradoxally! ).

Download the 8 min long track here:
https://sites.google.com/site/dscomposing/home

It is obvious that I am inspired by Mike, but I have tried very hard to be honest to myself and only make music the way I like.

So, here it is; an ocean of guitars, but note that there is no solo instrument ...

Thanks /DS
Profile PM 
Michael Hilton Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2012, 20:24

A nice piece of work!
Enjoyed the melody's created by your improvisation, the track has a wonderful air about it..
Uncluttered by other instruments, makes it a pleasure listening to some great guitar work... well done!
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2012, 03:28

Thanks for this, Michael!

I appreciate it very much that you took your time and listened. Not many people have heard it yet, you are one of the first... Will do my best to complete this suite; there is more stuff ...

Again, thanks!
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: Sep. 30 2012, 04:18

I have now added the track to soundcloud (in case you don't like the idea of downloading the mp3).
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2012, 05:05

Michael! Thanks again for your new comment on soundcloud; I answered it some minutes ago ...
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2012, 11:57

Another track uploaded; beware, 14 min long, and thematically strongly related to the MAIN track.
Profile PM 
TheMann Offline

Posted: July 10 2013, 05:38

The triology is now completed. Not that there has been a great interest in this, but, anyway, if someone is in the mood for it, here it is :)

https://soundcloud.com/davidjsvensson/finalguitarsplayedbyds

https://soundcloud.com/davidjsvensson/sets/guitarsplayedbyds-triology
Profile PM 
6 replies since Sep. 29 2012, 04:35 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net