Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: COMPETITION DEADLINE?, when is it?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
simmo2005 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 18 2005, 09:34

Apologies if this has already been asked,
but when does Mike intend on picking the best mix from the competition? there is no mention on the L&S website (i.e where the mixes are uploaded by fans) and i just wondered if anyone knew?

cheers.

(p.s if anyone saw the FULL PAGE advert for the album on the first few pages in of november's 'record collector' -talk about after the event- it states that Mike will also PRODUCE the winners track!  is this true, or bad advertising????

TA
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2005, 07:19

Sorry - just thought i'd drag this up again in case anyone now knows something!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 28 2005, 19:55

Mike rarely actually follows through with these competitions. There was the Music VR diamond ring competition, the Maestro naming competition, the mikeoldfield.com 1,000,000th visitor competition...he seems to announce quite a few competitions, but not very many winners.

So, the lack of a deadline makes me feel yet more cynical about this - I'd say there's no deadline because nobody has any intention of actually judging the thing, but it would be quite nice to be proven wrong.
Profile PM 
ob1 Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2005, 08:53

This one will have a winner- don't worry...

Will get on to him/Mercury and see if we can wrap up pre xmas.

Best

Olly
(u-myx)
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2005, 08:53

Thanks for that-
It's a real shame, it would have been a great opportunity for a fan to have his\her music produced by Mike!

Perhaps this is another example of why there is a lack of interest in recent M.O albums- not just through lack of promotion from his label, but equally his lack of interest in the fans. I mean, when was the last time he toured?

I have this feeling that TB3 was the last big commercial sucess we will ever see from M.O and at the end of the Horseguard's parade DVD, where the fans shout 'we want more' and the credits roll, there is a dediction: FOR MIKE OLDFIELD... let's hope that this dedication to the man himself does not indicate his final curtain call!!!!!
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2005, 11:38

Dunno why they can't promote Mike better...that's too bad  :/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Nov. 29 2005, 12:12

They aren't doing a good job of promoting the latest album through electronic music distribution, either.

Last time I checked the Virgin online music system, they had an impressive catalog of both his Virgin and Warners work. They did not have "Light and Shade".

In contrast, the new ones by Enya and Kate Bush appeared right away.

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
6 replies since Oct. 18 2005, 09:34 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net