Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Clifford T Ward, Barclay James Harvest< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
David Mar Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Aug. 15 2002, 05:26

Please can someone recommend which of Clifford's albums to get?

Please can someone tell me more about BJH's sound - I've only heard one track - a single from the late '70's which was shown on TOTPs 2 a while ago. I've forgotten the title, but it charted in the UK. I'd like to know what their stuff sounds like after reading the Classic Rock magazine interview - I know it's prog-rock, but which groups do they sound a bit like? The Moody Blues?
Profile PM 
oblique Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2002, 20:11

BJH does indeed sound a bit like the Moody Blues.

I'm not too familiar with their albums but this one I can recommend: it's a concept album written and produced by their producer (back then) and features performances by BJH, 10CC in the formation with Godley and Creme, Justin Heyward and Maddy Prior.

The groups name is Mandalaband and the album is called The Eye of Wendor.

In a different formation the Mandalaband had already released an untitled album.

This Eye of Wendor is a part 1 but to my knowledge a part 2 was never released...

--------------
"While we are alive we should sit among colored lights and taste good wines, and discuss our adventures in far places; when we are dead, the opportunity is past." - Jack Vance
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Aug. 18 2002, 06:54

The Clifford T Ward song you heard was probably Home Thoughts From Abroad. I'm not sure about albums but there are some great compilations available.

The BJM album Gone To Earth contains a track called Poor Man's Moody Blues which is a great song using the Moody Blues' style - mostly nights in White Satin.
Profile PM 
TimHighfield Offline

Posted: Aug. 18 2002, 09:09

If you've got access to the BBC's Radio Player online, you can listen to a repeat of this week's Critical List, a show by Stuart Maconie. This week's 'Must-Have' Album is none other than Home Thoughts From Abroad, with two pieces/songs/whatever being played on the show, which I'm guessing has already been broadcast on terrestrial radio (but still available on the Internet).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/critical_list/index.shtml
Profile PM WEB 
David Mar
Unregistered

Posted: Aug. 19 2002, 05:14

Thanks. I heard 'The Critical List'!!

I quite like BJH's 'Rock And Roll Star' which was shown on Top Of The Pop 2 a year ago or so. That's the only track of theirs that I've heard.
4 replies since Aug. 15 2002, 05:26 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net