Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Clear Light< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
raven4x4x Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 19 2002, 06:32

In my opinion Clear Light is one of the best tracks I have heard, by anyone. The gently guitar that starts at 1:49 is simply the most amazing sound (and it looks good on the DVD!), with a very nice backing, and the Bells!

My favourite bit, however, starts with the piano at 3:15.the guitars at 4:27 are amazing, and in perfect duet with the acoustic guitar. This, for me, is the most emotional mike oldfield piece, and i really get lost in the music. Anyone else feel this way?

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: April 20 2002, 04:08

I agree,have you heard the Clear Light demo?,that is also great.
But i think Tubular Bells 2 as a whole is just amazing,it was the album that really turned me onto Mike in the first place almost 10 years ago,and i keep going back to it again and again,it is so appealing to me,there is so much going on in the album,somtimes it is difficult to remember that it was composed and performed by one man!!!!!!!.But what a man!!!.
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: April 21 2002, 03:50

Hey! I just realised that it is the 10th aniversary of Tubular Bells II. Isn't that cool?

Tubular Bells II was the album that really got me into Mike Oldfield as well. Actually, it was the TB II/III DVD.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
theweightless Offline

Posted: April 21 2002, 13:27

everything about this album is just wonderful...the first time i saw the album...the cover burned into my mind. many years later i finally bought this album and so it started...

--------------
ASMK
Profile PM 
Tubular Miles Offline

Posted: June 17 2003, 04:58

I don't have the CD yet, but I have the Clear Light MIDI thing, Also If you go to buy.com and amazon.com type in Tubular Bells II and find Clear Light and do the "Real Audio" Version of It, The Guitar Part there is My Favorite! One of the Best!

EDIT - Today, 6/26 I got TBII, I love the Guitar bit at 1:33
Profile PM 
Mike Chadwick Offline

Posted: Aug. 15 2003, 08:44

CLEAR LIGHT is really good track - kind of a in between of SENTINEL and BLUE SALOON - and it really makes a more interesting atmosphere of whole album

--------------
kik-eze kik-eze
Profile PM 
5 replies since April 19 2002, 06:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net