Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: classical guitar in Music of the Spheres< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ciderginaspro Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 23 2008, 09:38

hi there !

do you know the classical guitar Mike is playing in MOTS ?
for example in Silhouette around 0:30", or in Shabda around 0:30" or in the beginning of Animus (I think it's the same instrument but I'm not sure) ?
is that the Lowden guitar S25J ???

thanks a lot
Claire
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: April 23 2008, 10:44

Mike said in the interview with El Dominical that he used a Ramirez classical for the album. I don't think that the guitar he appeared with in Bilbao was a Ramirez, though - it had a headstock inlay which doesn't seem to be a feature of any current Ramirez model. The guitar he appeared with on the Alan Titchmarsh show is yet another one - it doesn't have the strong headstock point of a Ramirez, but it doesn't have the inlay of the Bilbao guitar either (neither does it seem to have the headstock shape of Vicente Carrillo's guitars). It could have just been a cheap one they hired as a prop - it looks a bit like a Yamaha headstock, actually.
Profile PM 
Ciderginaspro Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 23 2008, 14:33

thank a lot for the information !

I'm learning classical guitar, and I hope I can spare enough money to buy a Lowden guitar one day !  :) they sounds so good !
dream dream dream...

:D
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: April 28 2008, 16:37

As far as I can tell the only Ramirez guitar he could have used for MOTS is the Classic 1A from 1974 for this one has been sold just a couple of months ago. All the other Ramirez guitars he used to have were sold before the recording could have happenened.

:p
Profile PM 
3 replies since April 23 2008, 09:38 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net