Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Classic FM Simon Bates, MOTS this weeks album of the week< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 09:49

Apparently Music of the Spheres is Simon Bates album of the week according to this link. The more promotion the better!

Also, I notice at amazon.co.uk it is currently 42nd place in top selling music. Strangely it is listed under "rock" so doesn't make it onto their chart of classical material! My guess is it would be top of their classical chart if it was listed correctly (it is above KArl Jenkins in the overall chart and that album is showing as top of classical).

All good stuff.....

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 16:01

Yes, good stuff. Apparently the concert didn't go quite as planned and I was afraid it might hurt the album. It's good to see it's doing fine and gets other promotion as well.
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 10 2008, 21:35

There haven't actually been many press reviews of the concert. There was one in a Spanish paper (I think Bilbao local press if I remember right) and one German online review. The German one said very little (it was more a passing mention in a longer article from what I remember) and the Spanish one was, from what I'm told, mostly positive, though it did complain about the low level of Mike's guitar in the overall balance. I imagine it won't have harmed the sales of the album.

I think it left an overall good impression of the work. It might not have been perfect, but it was generally decent and sometimes fantastic. It also had a warmth that the studio recording doesn't have.

Anyway, thanks for this - I've stuck an item up in the Media Coverage section about it.
Profile PM 
2 replies since Mar. 10 2008, 09:49 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net