Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Clarification on Malta Times report< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 24 2004, 09:41

Many fans have noticed an article in the Maltese Times about a bid to bring Mike there to perform at the celebration of Malta's entry into the European Union on April 30th.

We feel it should be made clear that the bid involving Mike was not accepted, and that as plans stand, Mike will not be appearing in Malta.
Instead, 15 minutes from Roger Waters's new rock opera will be played, together with a light show. Also with the winning team is Gert Hof, who worked as lighting designer for the Art In Heaven show in Berlin.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 24 2004, 13:12

I was expecting this,since Mike is on his zen mood...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
dbruce Offline

Posted: Feb. 24 2004, 16:48

I know it's not the point of the post, but just to clarify that Roger Waters won't be performing the excerpt from his opera - it is to be playback with a light show, as far as I remember reading. I know there are quite a few Floyd fans among us!!

Still a shame Mike won't play live, but I can hardly say I'm surprised.

David
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 24 2004, 18:44

Thanks dbruce - I've altered it so it's no longer so misleading.

The fact that Mike isn't appearing isn't really anything to do with Mike's mood - he was intending on playing, were the Pres consortium's to have been given the contract, in favour of the winners, Welcomeurope.
There's still a small chance that the Pres consortium's appeal against the decision will be accepted, but I'd not recommend that anyone holds their hopes up.
Profile PM 
ommadawn34
Unregistered

Posted: Feb. 25 2004, 19:17

I think it'stime mike should become more available to the masses ie : more press coverage. It's time the world was shown what a genius he is and perhaps if he became  more available for eg: charitable events and concerts he will without doubt be a massive hit with the younger generation who only know him as "tubular bells / Exorcist" composer, which is now ironically enough popular with mobile phone ring tones. Mike start putiing yourself about........
Holger Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2004, 14:03

Quote (Guest @ Feb. 25 2004, 19:17)
and perhaps if he became  more available for eg: charitable events and concerts he will without doubt be a massive hit with the younger generation

Ah, I wonder... the way things look now he is doomed to be eternally regarded as a one / two hit wonder by the general public...

...that is, I could imagine that his achievements will be recognized by future generations, long after his death... Bach took a long time to be 'discovered' by the masses... but then Bach wasn't so erratic in his output. Well, who knows.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2004, 17:43

Mike seems to be not interested on appearing on charity events with lots of artists,much like Prince' s Trust or whatever...IMHO.

But charity he once did - with TONIC(and I really wanna know why he had left his support).

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Feb. 24 2004, 09:41 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net