Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Christmas Play soundtrack I wrote..., thinking of uploading it< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Dec. 16 2002, 09:22

I wrote this same post on other forums. Just want to see what the people here think also.
-----

A while back (last christmas) our church was going to do a christmas play. Dad asked me to write the soundtrack for it. There were altogether around 17 scenes I think. I did 12 (and a couple of those are still unfinished). Sadly, however, the play never got off the ground and so the soundtrack sits dormant on a cd i burned to save it.

I don't want them to disappear into obilivion and be forgotten so I'm thinking of putting it online. I've got 2 uploaded right now. The Introduction and the 1st Scene. I've already redone the 1st scene a little bit to fit more in a listening atmosphere than a play atmosphere. But it still has certain elements about it that you'd just have to read the script to understand what's going on (which I'll put online also if everyone likes these tunes and as soon as I find it). I'm even thinking about adding oldfield-ish guitar to them, but I have yet to decide that.

So if you like it I'll start working on it again and throw it online. It may not sound like the best and maybe it might sound monotonous (The Introduction is one big 2:30 build-up. I don't know what it is about me and build-ups), but I've grown fond of it.

These two songs are in OGG format at 81 kbps (or quality 2.00). And in stereo...though I can't remember if I wrote the tracks in stereo yet or not.

1 - Introduction
2 - Scene 1

Any form of comments/criticism are welcome.

I know this isn't really a fan-tracks topic, but I couldn't think of any where else to put it. And I don't have much time. So if Oliver or whoever wants to move it that's fine. And sorry its not 2 topics about the 2 tunes....

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Kik3
Unregistered

Posted: Dec. 16 2002, 16:29

Congratulations Brandom, good work  :D

Posted: Dec. 16 2002, 20:42

thank you! well thats one tally mark....a few more should convince me to continue working on it :). i may even redo some ones ive already finished just a little bit. cuz i do see imperfections (i wrote it a year ago and a lot can change you in a year musically). so if you dont think its anything really special right now, well, i dont really either, but i hear interesting moments in them and i know i could perfect them further.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
Square Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Jan. 02 2003, 08:35

Great sound!
I'm not a sucker for Xmasy stories or music, cause they tend to get a bit pathetic for my taste, but I like your compositions, and the sound is very nice.

Second vote!  ;)

P.S. Maybe you could add mp3 versions too? Many people I know still don't have a clue about ogg.
Profile PM 

Posted: Jan. 13 2003, 20:17

thx Square.

actually THIS christmas play is unlike any other christmas play you've ever seen/read/watched before. the script is up on my site if you want to read it http://www.geocities.com/shine64.rm/.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
Music, the ancient language... Offline

Posted: Jan. 14 2003, 17:01

P.S. Maybe you could add mp3 versions too? Many people I know still don't have a clue about ogg.

Yeah, that's right. How do you play such a ogg-thing?

--------------
Read everything I write at own risk.
I cannot be held responsible  for
depressions and/or suicide attempts
of any kind, caused by reading my posts.
Profile PM 

Posted: Jan. 14 2003, 19:06

OGG is a new format (not so new actually...been out a few years now) that is much higher quality than MP3s and the file size is significantly smaller. you could make an OGG 60 kbps and it would have the quality of like a 192 kbps MP3 file and the file size would be smaller too. Another good thing is its absolutley freeware unlike MP3 which is kind of ify on that side.

Winamp supports OGG files. you can get that at http://www.winamp.com/. for more information on OGG go to http://www.vorbis.com/.

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
Profile PM WEB 
6 replies since Dec. 16 2002, 09:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net