Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Christmas is here! Time for fun!, What are your Christmas wishes?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ex member 419 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 05:15

Hi everyone, the silly season is upon us! Time to get those stockings out and start your wish list. How will you spend the holidays? Crazy Christmas stories welcome!
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 05:52

Oh, I’ve got all the usual Christmas nonsense between the 24th and the 31st – all the family arguments, another pair of socks? Great! ;) - but I’m taking 3 weeks off in January to work on my music project. That’s the bit I’m looking forward to!  :)

Christmas must be great in Tasmania. Must be like summer over there?
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 06:07

Hi Ommageddon yes summer is almost here! Tasmania has milder summers than the mainland with temp around 25-30 degrees. Our family still enjoy the traditional Christmas dinner, if its warm we cook the turkey on the bbq. The new bbqs really are outside cookers! One day I would love to have a White Christmas! The snow, cosy pics of families sitting by the fire roasting chestnuts and drinking eggnog!
Profile PM 
ommaGeddon Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 06:12

It rarely snows here at Christmas. It’s usually just grey, cold and damp. Barbecued turkey sounds much more appealing from where I’m standing!  :)
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Dec. 06 2009, 06:59

Christmas Songs Medley

:O   :cool:  :)

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2009, 09:52

It'll be cold here but it's much more likely to rain.The reason all those old pictures show snow is cos the period they depict we were actually in mini ice-age.I can only think of one xmas when it's snowed.1979.Got stuck at Bristol temple Meads station on xmas eve en route to see my family in Devon.Snow on the line!
 be the usual i suspect.Get up,deal with the hangover i know i'll have (it's the one time i allow myself to get pissed)go up to my parents.Have lunch (with sprouts).Doze untill i have to go get the kids.Then drop them off on Boxing day and go home to roll a fat one and read my new book from mum and dad.This year will be Ginger Baker's autobiography.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2009, 12:24

So far I survived Thanksgiving. I work for a school, so the breaks are long. 9 days for Thanksgiving. 2 weeks for Christmas. If I make it to Jan. 2, I'm home free........Sorry, most of us with no family fail to hide our fears(we take Xanax and freak-out)...like holiday syndrome. Some do it well. I used to. Nobody was the wiser. Time flowin' like a river(Eric Woolfson tie-in) does play a part. The younger you are, the better you can cope with it. Pray for me. This will be hard. But My MAIN goal is -April-. I move yet again(every year, once a year). I will put every effort into researching my new home for recording purposes as well as....finally.....my own happiness. And then I can record that 60 minute cd. The question is: will I find it?  I think with real effort and giving up many unneccesary fetishes I can do this. One thing I'm constantly reminded of on TV and the damn internet, something I can impart to you young people: embrace FAMILY while you have it/them. When it's gone, its gone. Also, if you see(in time I hope), that your family may "go".....step up your efforts to increase your social convoy. This will help you a lot. If I can impart some things that will help you avoid my demise, it is my pleasure to do so. Step up your efforts to build a social convoy in your 30's if you can. Or early 40's. Then you will not be alone. Merry Christmas Tubes.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: Dec. 07 2009, 17:46

Hey Jim, apart from the Christmas dinner which I do for my parents, the season can be hard to get through! My partner shot through and my daughter won't be here this year, so I understand how you feel! However, the tree is trimmed, pressies bought and my three felines will be making me laugh! They play with the baubles on the tree and pull tinsel off and play with it! Give Eddy big hugs Jim, we will sip our eggnog and think of Christmas next year my friend
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2009, 03:37

Winter Winds - Mumford & Sons

A nice 'christmas' song here that's come into the British charts.  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2009, 05:17

Im off to see family. Wish me luck.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2009, 07:59

Best of luck mate. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2009, 15:00

Dear ex member 419....in another thread I felt somewhat insulted, or more accurately belittled by your "well intentioned" post. I grimace while others smile is a very ugly and sad concept. While it may be true, it is no different from reminding a retarded person that they cannot think like others can. While well intentioned, you publicly tell I am a sad and melancholy man with no social convoy. True I have none, all dead. But that is best left buried. My pain is mine to share if I want to. Not yours to share for me publicly. Perhaps it was a mistake on my part to share my history of death here at all. I was thinking about deleting myself from Tube-net permanantly as I have no desire to be thought of as a man without a country or social convoy. I'm almost 50 and alive despite what some bastards said that I won't make it this far. I did. My thoughts can only be conveyed by Mike Pinder:

I'm a melancholy man, that's what I am,
All the world surrounds me, and my feet are on the ground.
I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can,
All the world astounds me and I think I understand
That we're going to keep growing, wait and see.

When all the stars are falling down
Into the sea and on the ground,
And angry voices carry on the wind,
A beam of light will fill your head
And you'll remember what's been said
By all the good men this world's ever known.
Another man is what you'll see,
Who looks like you and looks like me,
And yet somehow he will not feel the same,
His life caught up in misery, he doesn't think like you and me,
'Cause he can't see what you and I can see.
      These concepts are very true and Mr. Pinder worded them well. But......if you are a "Melancholy Man" it is best you learn to hide it well. Socially, in business, at work, and now, on the internet. Do not share loss or pain publicly. You may lose more than you think.......Food for thought.....
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 06:18

Quote (Scatterplot @ Dec. 15 2009, 15:00)
Dear ex member 419....in another thread I felt somewhat insulted, or more accurately belittled by your "well intentioned" post. I grimace while others smile is a very ugly and sad concept. While it may be true, it is no different from reminding a retarded person that they cannot think like others can. While well intentioned, you publicly tell I am a sad and melancholy man with no social convoy. True I have none, all dead. But that is best left buried. My pain is mine to share if I want to. Not yours to share for me publicly. Perhaps it was a mistake on my part to share my history of death here at all. I was thinking about deleting myself from Tube-net permanantly as I have no desire to be thought of as a man without a country or social convoy. I'm almost 50 and alive despite what some bastards said that I won't make it this far. I did. My thoughts can only be conveyed by Mike Pinder:

I'm a melancholy man, that's what I am,
All the world surrounds me, and my feet are on the ground.
I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can,
All the world astounds me and I think I understand
That we're going to keep growing, wait and see.

When all the stars are falling down
Into the sea and on the ground,
And angry voices carry on the wind,
A beam of light will fill your head
And you'll remember what's been said
By all the good men this world's ever known.
Another man is what you'll see,
Who looks like you and looks like me,
And yet somehow he will not feel the same,
His life caught up in misery, he doesn't think like you and me,
'Cause he can't see what you and I can see.
      These concepts are very true and Mr. Pinder worded them well. But......if you are a "Melancholy Man" it is best you learn to hide it well. Socially, in business, at work, and now, on the internet. Do not share loss or pain publicly. You may lose more than you think.......Food for thought.....
Jim

Jim I dont know what happened but dont be put off by peoples natural ignorance for things they perhaps dont understand, hun or maybe cant relate to as well as yourself.  We can all have misconceptions. I know its hard and for what its worth I do know what you are talking about.

Chin up otherwise I may have to put up a sexy avatar on here! lol x
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 06:30

I think in some way I`ll be able to appreciate Christmas more than ever this year.At the beginning of last week I started to suffer from some pretty bad chest pains.Not in the heart attack territory I guess(although I`ve never actualy had a heart attack so how the hell would I know) but none the less pretty disturbing I must admit.And of course being an idiot I decided at first not to tell anybody in the faint hope that they would just go away.I thought if I could just make it through to last thursday night and my son`s nativity play,for which incidentaly he had the starring role (he was playing Joe in Holy Joe for any parents out there familiar with that production) Well yeah I thought if I can just get through that without dropping dead,or causing some kind of commotion then I`d be home free.

Anyway the upshot of that was that by friday morning I ended up in a bloody ambulance and on my way to hospital,and freaking out my whole family into the process.Little did I know that if you phone the NHS helpline and tell them that you`ve got chest pains,then they pretty much send out the white van before you`ve even finished your opening sentance.Of course by now the whole anxiety of the great black unknown had made the pain feel about a hundred times worse I guess.

Anyway long story short,after being covered in lots of sticky things and prodded a bit.It turns out I`ve merely damaged one of the cartliages in my rib cage.It was actualy something I`d done about a month ago,but then plum forgot all about.All I`ll say is don`t try and open a tin of paint towards yourself,while you`ve still got the butt-end of a roller in your hand.But if you do happen to do such a thing,don`t then aggravate it further by lifting,and moving stuff around at work like you`re the eleven stone version of Geoff Capes.Even though in reality I`m actualy nearer 12 stone these days,but hey it`s the internet everybody makes stuff up anyway.

I have to admit the whole experience kind of shook me up a little bit.But then I`m probably one of those people that needs a little shaking every now and again,as the contents of this post kind of testifies I suppose.I have no doubt I will now spend most of the festive period like Homer Simpson eating a bag of potato chips in front of the tv..I can`t wait.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 06:45

Quote (Dirk Star @ Dec. 16 2009, 06:30)
I think in some way I`ll be able to appreciate Christmas more than ever this year.At the beginning of last week I started to suffer from some pretty bad chest pains.Not in the heart attack territory I guess(although I`ve never actualy had a heart attack so how the hell would I know) but none the less pretty disturbing I must admit.And of course being an idiot I decided at first not to tell anybody in the faint hope that they would just go away.I thought if I could just make it through to last thursday night and my son`s nativity play,for which incidentaly he had the starring role (he was playing Joe in Holy Joe for any parents out there familiar with that production) Well yeah I thought if I can just get through that without dropping dead,or causing some kind of commotion then I`d be home free.

Anyway the upshot of that was that by friday morning I ended up in a bloody ambulance and on my way to hospital,and freaking out my whole family into the process.Little did I know that if you phone the NHS helpline and tell them that you`ve got chest pains,then they pretty much send out the white van before you`ve even finished your opening sentance.Of course by now the whole anxiety of the great black unknown had made the pain feel about a hundred times worse I guess.

Anyway long story short,after being covered in lots of sticky things and prodded a bit.It turns out I`ve merely damaged one of the cartliages in my rib cage.It was actualy something I`d done about a month ago,but then plum forgot all about.All I`ll say is don`t try and open a tin of paint towards yourself,while you`ve still got the butt-end of a roller in your hand.But if you do happen to do such a thing,don`t then aggravate it further by lifting,and moving stuff around at work like you`re the eleven stone version of Geoff Capes.Even though in reality I`m actualy nearer 12 stone these days,but hey it`s the internet everybody makes stuff up anyway.

I have to admit the whole experience kind of shook me up a little bit.But then I`m probably one of those people that needs a little shaking every now and again,as the contents of this post kind of testifies I suppose.I have no doubt I will now spend most of the festive period like Homer Simpson eating a bag of potato chips in front of the tv..I can`t wait.

:laugh:  Note to self dearest Dirk. Dont try and be 'strong'and put your medical needs on the back burner!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 08:57

It's a man thing!My Dad had been feeling kind of unwell for years untill he  had a panic attack (if you've ever had one you'll know the physical part can be similar in symptoms to a heart attack and bloody frightening.I have and it scared the sh*t out of me!)and went to see the doctor.The doctor examined him told him he had depression but there was something else wrong and the next thing he knew he was in hospital all wired up and they told him he has a heart condition!He's fine but it does prove the point that men don't go to the doctor's cos we're all basically ostrichs and think it will go away!Glad to hear you're well though Dirk.
 Nowt wrong with sitting in front of the telly with a packet of crisps at xmas.I will probably be doing much the same when i've dropped my wee ones safely home with their mum on Boxing day. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2009, 03:31

Cheers for the kind words Silver & Caveman.

Yeah I think I was pretty close to having a panic attack Caveman.The worst I actualy felt was after they`d told me that my heart and blood pressure were fine,and I was kind of sat there in the hospital thinking to myself "So what the hell was that all about"? It was`nt until I saw my GP on monday though three days later,that I actualy found out for sure what was wrong.Although after the 2 hour sex marathon on sunday night,I`d pretty much ruled out angina all by myself.. "Kill or cure" !? That`s a bloody man thing as well is`nt it..    :laugh:

Nice to hear you`ve got the kids over on Christmas Day Caveman.I think we must have two of the most well behaved kids in the world when it comes to Christmas morning as they never get out of bed before 9 a.m. Which reminds me,I must remember to stock up on sleeping pills before next week.
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2009, 03:51

Yeah i always have them from around 5ish till Boxong day.By the time they get to mine (well my parents)they're a bit worn out.Then the presents from my side of the family come out and they're all excited again!
 I really like the arrangement i have with their mum.I go to my parents mid morning and we have a really nice peacefull xams morning with presents and all of it with just the 3 of us (the rest of the family lives in Devon so we don't get to see much of them)and then have xmas dinner.Then we sit and watch the film (all happy, full and farting-i love sprouts)and doze and then the kids come over.It's all good.Had this arrangement for 9 years now.Works well. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2009, 04:19

Sounds good apart from the sprouts bit.My wife loves them though and she always puts one on my plate which she kind of forces me to eat.The kids like em as well so they always find it highly amusing as I try and think up new and fiendish ways of not eating that darn thing.So far i`ve never suceeded.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: Dec. 17 2009, 04:42

Quote (The Caveman @ Dec. 17 2009, 03:51)
(all happy, full and farting-i love sprouts)

:laugh:  - I love sprouts too if they're cooked soft and pink inside.

Dirk - a nasty shock you got there. Was the happy outcome like a Scrooge moment - like wanting to send the lad off to buy the fattest turkey in the shop!

--------------
Profile PM 
30 replies since Dec. 06 2009, 05:15 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net