Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: cheap roger waters tickets< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Greg Clark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 28 2010, 08:05

No one has ever managed a more successful wall oriented event ever since Humpty Dumpty fell off one and the wall had in return been much celebrated. It had been almost halfway through the Roger Waters’ lavish concert that had been a remounting of the year 1979’s music album titled “The Wall” whilst the very last brick in the arena had been slotted into place. It had managed to seal the fate of the once popular music band named Pink Floyd. Just when Waters had done a disappearing act from the stage, the huge crowd had begun hooting and they hailed the wall’s completion.
The Dove that is situated on the Hospital Road has managed to shrug off tough competition in order to be named as the Regional Pub of the Year by a Campaign that d been held for Real Ale (abbreviated as CAMRA). It is a sound supporter of real pubs. Not only that but it also features in the CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide of the year 2011, that is being launched at present, along with almost 15 more regional pub winners that are all from the Great Britain.
Dove Landlord who is Roger Waters is almost 60 years of age. He had taken over the running of the pub almost twelve months old. The Dove can be best described as being the kind of a simple back-street pub that serves its customers with real ale.Get your spam [edited -- Olivier] before they sold out.
Profile PM WEB 
CJJC Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2010, 13:33

That's some truly amazing spam. Well done.

--------------
IMHO
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2010, 17:12

Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam...

Wonderful Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam....

:laugh: :laugh:

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Sep. 29 2010, 20:04

I could use my infinite power and delete the thread, but I find it's kind of funny (editing the link though).
We could probably sing "Spam" along The Happiest Days of Our Lives bass.

Spam
Pam Pam
Pam Pam Pam Pam Pam Pam Pam Pam Pam Pam...
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2010, 21:01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anwy2MPT5RE

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Milamber Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Sep. 30 2010, 03:37

Quote (Olivier @ Sep. 30 2010, 10:04)
I could use my infinite power and delete the thread.

Having Infinite power and not using it is the best display of power there is.
On the other hand who could resist invoking Emperor Palpatines
"Power UNLIMITED POWER" speech as you send spammers into oblivion.
If Greg Clark reads this could you PM me some info on spamming as I would like to sell my copy of MOTS :laugh:
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 06:51

@ Tati: :cool: :cool: Exactly what I was saying above. :cool:

@ Milamber: you can sell your copy to me. I've already got 3 copies, but I don't care. :D By the way, I don't get your "Emperor Palpatine" reference. Are you talking about the Star Wars movies?

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 06:56

Quote (Ugo @ Oct. 01 2010, 20:51)
@ Tati: :cool: :cool: Exactly what I was saying above. :cool:

@ Milamber: you can sell your copy to me. I've already got 3 copies, but I don't care. :D By the way, I don't get your "Emperor Palpatine" reference. Are you talking about the Star Wars movies?

Emporer Palpatine :D
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 07:33

Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 29 2010, 17:12)

I wish people wouldn't get so hysterical about spam. The same people who agonize over the odd unsolicited email are the very same people who smile benignly and tolerantly at physical junk mail piling up in their letterbox. At least spam doesn't waste paper.
Profile PM 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 14:27

Quote (nightspore @ Oct. 01 2010, 07:33)
Quote (Ugo @ Sep. 29 2010, 17:12)

I wish people wouldn't get so hysterical about spam. The same people who agonize over the odd unsolicited email are the very same people who smile benignly and tolerantly at physical junk mail piling up in their letterbox. At least spam doesn't waste paper.

Big picture: almost 100% of email is spam. It probably costs billions in engineering to manage it (store them, send them, filter them, etc.)
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 16:29

Quote (Olivier @ Oct. 01 2010, 14:27)
Big picture: almost 100% of email is spam. It probably costs billions in engineering to manage it (store them, send them, filter them, etc.)

"Probably" not: it certainly does. Spam causes a huge waste of energy and storage space. It's every bit as anti-ecological as physical junk mail, only in a smaller degree.

And I despise both kinds of junk mail -- and actually I despise the physical more, because it's impossible to filter it...

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 16:34

@ Nightspore: I rarely get hysterical about spam e-mail, as Mozilla Thunderbird has a great filter which blocks it all. But you may often catch me in hysterical laughter while watching that Monty Python sketch. :)

@ Milamber: glad to know I was in the right. :) I never saw the 3 Star Wars films made in the 2000s, IMHO they took away most of the "magic" of the original 3 films made in the Seventies-early Eighties and replaced it with over-realistic CGI, which I never really liked.

--------------
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 16:52

As Olivier and Mat attend to them quite quickly many wouldn't  see how much of this crap Tube net has been getting lately.

Peddle your crap somewhere else spam monkeys  :(

@Ugo I agree on the Star Wars remakes but lets not debate them unless you want to see the longest posts and debate Tube net has ever seen :D

As far as Emperor Palpatine goes though i'm a sucker for megalomaniacs so leave NS alone guys  :laugh:  :laugh:

Just joking Nightspore :)
Profile PM 
Harmono Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 19:48

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Oct. 01 2010, 22:29)
And I despise both kinds of junk mail -- and actually I despise the physical more, because it's impossible to filter it...

I used to get loads of junk coming through the letterbox everyday. Paper that is. Then I made a sign that says "Only underwear commercials, please, thank you". That worked for me.  :)

Spam in my email inbox, no, never. Why is that? Maybe you shouldn't give out your address to some suspicious third parties.
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 01 2010, 20:40

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Oct. 01 2010, 16:29)
Quote (Olivier @ Oct. 01 2010, 14:27)

"Probably" not: it certainly does. Spam causes a huge waste of energy and storage space. It's every bit as anti-ecological as physical junk mail, only in a smaller degree.

Yes, it's the "smaller degree" that was my point. Physical junk mail is far worse.

I try not to make blanket condemnations of anything. Most spam is simply an annoyance, yes, but occasionally I've come across something quite useful. Sometimes there's no other way for advertizers to get news of a good product to a large number of people.

Ugo, I wasn't implying your response was hysterical - I know you're a model of sobriety (except, perhaps, when Vicki befluffs your lounge)! I simply used your use of the word "spam" as an appropriate point to enter the discussion.
Profile PM 
Milamber Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2010, 08:40

Quote (nightspore @ Oct. 02 2010, 10:40)
but occasionally I've come across something quite useful. Sometimes there's no other way for advertizers to get news of a good product to a large number of people.

I got the same Spam Email Nightspore.
But as I don't suffer from Coral Ear I had no use for it

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2010, 20:24

@ nightspore: I guess our misunderstanding on "hysterical" depends on the two different meanings that the word has in Italian and in English - "isterico" is actually a false friend of "hysterical" because it means "raving mad", while "hysterical", as I said above, may also refer to laughter, without any negative implications. Anyway, my point is that, exactly as you said, very few things make me actually hysterical; Vicki is certainly not one of them, and junk (or spam) e-mail also isn't. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2010, 20:55

Quote (milamber @ Oct. 03 2010, 08:40)
Quote (nightspore @ Oct. 02 2010, 10:40)
but occasionally I've come across something quite useful. Sometimes there's no other way for advertizers to get news of a good product to a large number of people.

I got the same Spam Email Nightspore.
But as I don't suffer from Coral Ear I had no use for it

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :D

Eh? What's that you say?  :laugh:
Profile PM 
17 replies since Sep. 28 2010, 08:05 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net