Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Changing Post Colours?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Man In The Rain Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Feb. 20 2003, 17:33

I remember a while back that we were able to type in different colours apart from *this* generic colour, but now we can't. I was reminded because i was reading some old posts and they still appear in differnet colours. I was wondering if it were possible to reinstate that feature because then all the writing looks prettier? Or is there a reason why it's been disallowed?

OK thanks.

Ollie

--------------
Hergest Ridge 165 - Ommadawn 038 - Incantations 243
Profile PM WEB 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Feb. 20 2003, 21:19

Whether it looks prettier or not depends on what colour people pick ;)

But more seriously, everyone has their display set up in a different way, and while say, lurid yellow text might look great to one user, it can be completely unreadable to another (either because of differeing display settings, or even just because one person's sight isn't as good as the other's). The current colour scheme, while not quite black on white, at least ensures that it remains readable no matter what your personal display settings may be (as far as I've found, at least). Olivier and I also felt that it's a great deal easier on the eyes than having posts in a whole rainbow of garish shades (I think you'll find that many other forum owners feel the same)...

I personally prefer things kept simple when large amounts of text are involved, finding that anything too fancy can end up getting in the way  rather than helping...and at the end of the day, it's what's written which is the important part.

So, I hope you'll not find it too boring that we'll be staying with this more conservative colour scheme - you can always wear coloured spectacles when you read it, if you want ;).
Profile PM 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Feb. 25 2003, 17:14

hehehe - I might try the spectacles trick. Anyway yeah that's fair enough, I guess there were some pretty garish pinks and greens that could hurt peoples eyes!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2003, 06:00

Errm - ever wondered what that 'Help Cards iB Code' stuff below when composing  messages might be for ?
Profile PM WEB 
Man In The Rain Offline

Posted: Feb. 26 2003, 09:14

Hey...wait a minute...something's changed...

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Mar. 04 2003, 15:12

So much for intentional change of colours - now for something new - hope you can see what I'm talking about? If not here, then at least I've seen lots of postings where everytime the word new appears, it is emphasized by printing it in bright red - seems to be some special case for the board software?
--
Hmm, no, apparently not.. at least, I don't see 'new' in red here; maybe it _was_ intentional in those other postings...
testing - _new_ NEW New new new
--
HMMMM, apparently it also depends on how you jump into a multipage-discusion, e.g. the 'New album..' thread (3 pages). If you jump into page 2, 'new' is red; if you proceed to page 3, 'new' is normal - and vice versa, i.e. if you jump directly into page 3, 'new' is red, back to 2 and it's normal. Very strange...no wonder that 'software' is in fact _two_ four-letter-words together ;-)
Profile PM WEB 
Olivier Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Mar. 12 2003, 16:27

'new' is in red when you come from the New Posts link. It uses the search engine to display the recent posts, and for some reason, it hilites 'new', like if you were searching for the word "new". It's a bug.
Profile PM 
a_r_schulz Offline

Posted: Mar. 12 2003, 16:50

BTW: There is also an option in the personal profile to set the default colour of your posting text.
But this seems to be corrupted somehow - when I set a colour, 'Amend my profile' and return, it's somehow reset, and all text is still black
No -it's working ! Line in the middle is inline colour, first and last are default color.
Profile PM WEB 
7 replies since Feb. 20 2003, 17:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net