Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Cat Stevens' Moonshadow< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Dirk Star Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 06 2008, 10:49

Oh you don`t want to be in any kind of rush to track that song down it`s absolutely abysmal(I`ve just made you more curious now have`nt I? ) I`m not really sure Decca or whoever it was knew how to market Cat in the early days.He kind of comes over like a poppier version of Scott Walker for simple folk listening back now.And another thing that always made me laugh about that Matthew & Son song was the whole "Up At 8" thing anyway.Typical bloody pop star type,that`s a lie-in for most of your everyday working folk.He even got to stop for a cup of coffee and a piece of cake for crying out loud.Cake! I tell` yer!!...And yet despite all that I`ve always really liked that song.It`s a pretty good production on it as well I feel.

You`re right though I don`t think he really got going till his second more folkier/acoustic phase from 1970 onwards.I think that people/critics/record companies seemed to allow a lot more time for artists to develop a little bit back in those days.You`ve just got to look at people like David Bowie I suppose and his early Laughing Gnome years.Who knows what kind of conceptual gems the likes of S Club 7 could be knocking out now if they`d been given artistic free reign on their later work..?   :/
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 06 2008, 11:04

Who yoou calling OTT?Have you not heard the Brotherhood of Man triple concept album?

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: May 06 2008, 11:46

Quote (The Caveman @ May 06 2008, 11:04)
Who yoou calling OTT?Have you not heard the Brotherhood of Man triple concept album?

Hey I meant I was going o/t... off topic!...The amount of times I wander way off the thread on here I`d be asking for trouble accusing sombody else of doing it..  :p

Strange thing is if you did`nt know any better The Brotherhood Of Man sounds like the name of a band who would do that sort of thing.In all reality it should probably conjur up images of long noodling twin necked guitar solos and lyrics by Michael Moorcock or something.As it is for me they always remind me of a young girl from my school.Who whilst trying to do that stupid Save All Your Kisses For Me dance on top of a sewarge pipe,ended up falling on her backside in the river.Luckily for her it was only her pride that ended up wounded...Dancing to The Brotherhood Of Man I ask you?,,It was probably an act of God now that I think about it.

I have to ask though,does that album sound anything like Moonlight Shadow?    ;)
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 06 2008, 12:02

Sorry i misread it as OTT.
To my eternal shame i was dragged to see them as a very young boy (and an Oldfield fan for goodness sake-the indignity)in torquay.I am scarred.Hmm there were some saort of Ommadwn type ideas in their.And the chorus is slightly like Crises side 1. ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 06 2008, 12:09

And my spelling being so terrible is a direct result of this harrowing experience :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: May 06 2008, 12:11

Quote (The Caveman @ May 06 2008, 12:02)
Sorry i misread it as OTT.
To my eternal shame i was dragged to see them as a very young boy (and an Oldfield fan for goodness sake-the indignity)in torquay.I am scarred.Hmm there were some saort of Ommadwn type ideas in their.And the chorus is slightly like Crises side 1. ;)

Yeah I`m pretty sure I got dragged along to see somebody not too cool in Torquay when I was younger.It must come as part of the whole holiday experience down there I guess.

And a chorus like Crises side one you say...Mmmm the whole "watcher and the tower" bit springs immediately to mind there.Maybe Michael Moorcock was involved in the project then after all...  :p
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 06 2008, 12:21

My family come from Exeter so i couldn't avoid it.I also got dragged to see the Doolies.Oh god it was bad but not as bad as the Nolans.My sister's 13 birthday.Mortified.I am amongst friends i take it....it's very painful to have to reveal this stuff!
 Off topic?Er yes i think so. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: May 06 2008, 15:24

God bless The Bonzos.

And for that matter, "The Laughing Gnome"
Profile PM 
Tayniee Offline

Posted: May 07 2008, 00:28

.....Bridget the Midget and Knock 3 times.... memories of a Newquay holiday....

--------------
As we all know, endings are just beginnings.
Profile PM 
28 replies since April 29 2008, 19:57 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (2) < 1 [2] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net