Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Can't wait!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Luis Villalba Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 12 1999, 12:44

I can't wait to have the new work from MO in my hands and in my ears. I've listened to the short excerpt from TMB in www.wea.de and I'm hoping the whole thing no to be that way. I don't like the title either. I like 'The Millennium Falcon' rather than 'The Millennium Bell' ;-))
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Nov. 13 1999, 07:28

i have heard the excerpt and am not shure what i think!!!It sounds like dance music.I was dissapointed with the title and cover as "bell" and "millenium" are too obvious.lets hope the music is good.Mike took me by suprise with the fantastic Songs Of Distant Earth,so he may do this again after the dissapointing Guitars.When he is on form he can be a genius.
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Nov. 18 1999, 09:48

I don't think Guitars is a dissapointment. In fact, I think it's great. I've listended it the last 2 days, and it's great!

About the millenium bell, I hope the whole
album is not that dance music, because that would be terrible! I've heard it would feature a lot of orchestra. I also read about a rapper. But rap is terrible too!

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Thea Cochrane Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 18 1999, 16:07

I wouldn't panic too much. The rapper seems to have vanished (unless you count M.C Nelson Mandela as a rapper), and the only dance flavoured track is the track The Millenium Bell itself (this is based on what others have said - I haven't actually heard it, but I trust these people).

I have to say that I thought FATC was a great climax of TB3, and it was 'dancey' - but I'm not sure about the close repetition of instruments between Secrets and Source of the Secrets.

Still looking forward to TMB (11 days to go at the time of writing)
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 25 1999, 14:17

I was disappointed by TB II. I was even more disappointed by TB III. But I was fascinated by Amarok. But, no dice, eh?

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
4 replies since Nov. 12 1999, 12:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net