Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Can the Millennium Bell attract an audience of +500.000?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
pielawa Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 10 1999, 06:22

Well, the discussion (and the forum of course) is growing fast, and now, as Silvester and the new (symbolic) Millennium is only a few days ahead, I'd like to ask if "The Millennium Bell" can attract the expected +500.000 or more people... Since a bunch of listenings the album hasn't grown that much on me entirely, only a few tracks have a powerful touch (such as "Sunlight...") and "Pacha Mamma"), but the rest leave the question of being attractive enough to fit in to the planned Worlds biggest light show.
I for myself can't imagine that a Vangelis-clone like "Santa Maria" or the Rondo Veneziano-stylish "The Doge's Palace" have the appeal to support the powerful lightening at the Siegessäule.
Well, we'll know more in January - but I don't think it'll be *that* success...
Profile PM WEB 
Victor Offline

Posted: Dec. 10 1999, 08:02

And you think that other musicions have all
good stuff on their albums? And if they will
be on millenium parties they will probably
play one hit.
Profile PM WEB 
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Dec. 11 1999, 12:48

Yes, I think TMB is better than all that crap other artist made (I don't mean Jarre and Vangelis).

But what I did notice, was that Oldfield talked to Richard Branson, and Branson said that he would make TMB a big giant succes. I haven't heard a thing about it yet.

Blue Dolphin

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
trcanberra Offline

Posted: Mar. 07 2008, 05:03

Quote (pielawa @ Dec. 10 1999, 06:22)
Well, the discussion (and the forum of course) is growing fast, and now, as Silvester and the new (symbolic) Millennium is only a few days ahead, I'd like to ask if "The Millennium Bell" can attract the expected +500.000 or more people... Since a bunch of listenings the album hasn't grown that much on me entirely, only a few tracks have a powerful touch (such as "Sunlight...") and "Pacha Mamma"), but the rest leave the question of being attractive enough to fit in to the planned Worlds biggest light show.
I for myself can't imagine that a Vangelis-clone like "Santa Maria" or the Rondo Veneziano-stylish "The Doge's Palace" have the appeal to support the powerful lightening at the Siegessäule.
Well, we'll know more in January - but I don't think it'll be *that* success...

No way they will get that many people  ;)

Oh wait, they did?????
Profile PM 
3 replies since Dec. 10 1999, 06:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net