Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Can i sound like Mike, Effects< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Morgoth Dark Prince Offline

Group: Members
Posted: April 10 2003, 15:39

:) does anyone know what i can do to sound vaguely like mike.
i have a black fender strat, and saving up to buy a black epiphone les paul black beauty.  has anyone got any suggestions on what i need to sound like the Godfather Mike! :cool:
Profile PM 
MusicallyInspired Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 10 2003, 19:40

For his clean sound, use lots of compression and flip your pick-up switch-thingy to the middle. That gets a reasonable fascimile at least. I'm still perfecting his distortion, though so I cna't relaly help you there :).

--------------
BrandonBlume.com
"The beauty in life is in the embracing of the variety of things. If all the world was blue there would be no colour blue."
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: April 11 2003, 13:45

Hello,

at first you need everything that my friend already said...
Then you need a reverb module where you can set length of reverb decay mostly in Mike's works which are sounding a bit ambient is used a "hall" preset with decay of more than 6 seconds...

Also u need a distortion module if possible one where you can set type of distortion Mike uses a lot of square distortion as far as I know...also for some effects you might need a Wah-Wah effect and good EQ...

that's all I can think off now yo and with compression :) if you will have possibility to set attack and release of compression you can go to pretty nice results....

BUT and it's the most important thing don't try to copy Mike...use these advices as a base and experiment on them every individual is unique and each musician gotta sound unique way :)

Greets,

B.

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
Morgoth Dark Prince Offline

Posted: April 11 2003, 15:00

thankyou for your advice guys :D
Profile PM 
mortal wizard Offline

Posted: July 30 2006, 11:10

hi morgoth

not too sure about effects but in the which distortion pedal section i've got a decent amp setting you can use.

cheers.
Profile PM 
4 replies since April 10 2003, 15:39 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net