Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: By the Shore of Gitche Gumee, mix from The Ultimate Bell< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Mar. 06 2008, 11:22

http://www.youtube.com/v/a8BRO-NCBNk

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: June 09 2008, 11:38

It would have been nice to see the images move more fluidly.  And I'm not sure wether the images actually match the music.
But, some nice little images there.
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: June 09 2008, 19:51

I guess Mike's music invokes a lot of visual images in most of us. His music does seem to sink deeper into a persons being than most artistes.

So, this is kay's interpretation, and remember he had to find clips and merge them to his own personal vision. So I applaud all the work he's put in, and really like this clip. Mind you, there are other tracks on his mix album that are better to my ears - but we are all different hey?

Look at some of the Phillip Glass films - they make perfect sense to some, but seem mindless noodles to others. It will always be difficult to agree on what images Mike's music brings into our heads.

I would be interested in reading what pictures are in YOUR head when you hear his music.

For example - Ommadawn part 2  - just very dark for me, with flashes of bright colour, like splashed paint on black paper, then a sunrise, orange and red light bursting out.

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
Bassman Offline

Posted: June 12 2008, 15:37

I think the first section of "Ommadawn Part 2" is supposed to be precisely that.  An abstract piece that is more of a study in textures of sound rather than a more narrative piece.

And Kay, nice video you did, there.  It took me out of the moment and put conscious thought on hold for a few minutes.  In fact, to extend the Glass comparison a little further, it's not too far removed from something you might see in "Koyaanisqatsi".

--------------
Turn up the music... Hi as Fi can go.
Profile PM 
Tubularman Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: June 12 2008, 21:28

thx guys for your comments!
I do respect all comments here :)
All i want to do is share my thoughts around Mikes lovely music, in a form of images. If you like it, enjoy it :) If you dont, i respect that. After all, it is not official... It is actually bbc Blue Planet :D

--------------
Mike Oldfield M i x e s
https://soundcloud.com/tubularman
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: June 13 2008, 10:20

Quote (olracUK @ June 09 2008, 19:51)
I guess Mike's music invokes a lot of visual images in most of us. His music does seem to sink deeper into a persons being than most artistes.

So, this is kay's interpretation, and remember he had to find clips and merge them to his own personal vision. So I applaud all the work he's put in, and really like this clip. Mind you, there are other tracks on his mix album that are better to my ears - but we are all different hey?

Look at some of the Phillip Glass films - they make perfect sense to some, but seem mindless noodles to others. It will always be difficult to agree on what images Mike's music brings into our heads.

I would be interested in reading what pictures are in YOUR head when you hear his music.

For example - Ommadawn part 2  - just very dark for me, with flashes of bright colour, like splashed paint on black paper, then a sunrise, orange and red light bursting out.

I liked the video too hunni.  You will in time see what images are inside my head when I listen to music. ( promise)
Profile PM 
5 replies since Mar. 06 2008, 11:22 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net