Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Buy Light + Shade online< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Blue Dolphin Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 23 2005, 19:12

The album is for sale here in the Netherlands since 22 september. I bought it! Will give you an update about the music on the other thread.

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2005, 09:26

Quote (Blue Dolphin @ Sep. 24 2005, 00:12)
The album is for sale here in the Netherlands since 22 september. I bought it! Will give you an update about the music on the other thread.

Are the so-called 'UK Bonus Tracks' on this edition too ?

Also, on the CD's I saw there was a silver sticker with 'Special Edition' written in red on it.
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2005, 10:02

Pre-ordered my copy from Amazon.co.uk yesterday, £8.99, I thought that was a great price for a new album considering it has 18 tracks!  :cool:

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
Baggiesfaninessex Offline

Posted: Sep. 24 2005, 12:38

I had pre-ordered Light and Shade, Exposed DVD and also opted to buy a Vangelis DVD -Mythodea, all from Amazon. By cancelling the entire order and ordering from Play, I have saved nearly £7 (mostly postage and packing although the Vangelis DVD was £1 cheaper at Play) - nearly enough for another CD from Play.  :D

--------------
“A dog is not intelligent. Never trust an animal that's surprised by its own farts.” - Frank Skinner
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 08:14

I've pre-ordered L+S from Amazon in the UK but looking at the site it hasn't been dispatched yet and the item itself is saying that it will be dispatched in 2-3 days... So I decide to cancel my amazon order and try the local CD shops... none of them have got it in!

And on play.com it says "Temporarily out of stock"!

Has it been delayed in the UK?

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
http://purplerhapsody.co.uk - no words, just emotions
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 11:09

I too have an order placed with Amazon UK and mine hasn't been despatched yet, either.

Fortunately, to lessen my disappointment, Langdana's CD 'Nexus' arrived this morning, which I've been listening to with great pleasure - and I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who is impatiently waiting for their copy of 'Light and Shade' to arrive. He produces a lovely clean, strong and powerful guitar sound, and his website is here:

http://hometown.aol.de/langjoer/langdana.html
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 14:26

I hope you all realise that Play are still awaiting stock for this CD.I have just checked on their site in my account status.Tempted to cancel and pick it up from Tesco instead for the sake of 2 or 3 quid.
Profile PM WEB 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Sep. 26 2005, 15:00

Hi,

Well... I cancelled my order from Amazon and popped into Music Zone and got it for £10.97.

It's awkward going into town for me but it was worth it!

The last time I ordered a pre-release CD from Amazon it arrived on the day (and last time I pre-ordered from Play it came 2 days before the official release date!;) and this time I am SO disappointed it wasn't in the post for me this morning.

I guess there must have been stock problems which doesn't bode well for the success of the CD in the charts if people can't actually get hold of it.

The only place to stock it locally was Music Zone... it wasn't in WHSmith, Woolworths or Tesco Extra. I wish HMV or VIrgin would open a store local to me :-(

Cheers,
Terry.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 02:04

Quote (ian @ Sep. 26 2005, 19:26)
I hope you all realise that Play are still awaiting stock for this CD.I have just checked on their site in my account status.Tempted to cancel and pick it up from Tesco instead for the sake of 2 or 3 quid.

Play.com  posted it on Friday, but no sign of it on Monday.
Could have bought it on Friday too, but I did'nt expect it here for a while.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 05:19

Mine is still not yet despatched from Amazon uk, even though today is the latest estimated delivery date. Has anyone had a despatch from Amazon yet?
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 05:59

Just been on to Amazon UK site,my order hasn't been despached yet :/ So have just cancelled & will be going into town later to try my luck.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 06:00

Do I assume that Amazon have not despatched anything to me yet if I have not received an email? Or do I need to visit Amazon to find out?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Ginger Daddy Offline

Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 06:34

Quote (TubularBelle @ Sep. 27 2005, 06:00)
Do I assume that Amazon have not despatched anything to me yet if I have not received an email? Or do I need to visit Amazon to find out?

As far as I know Amazon send emails when items are despatched. I guess they've had more orders than they expected and ran out of stock immediately  :( Probably the same with play.com too.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Terry.

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Deadcalm Offline

Group: Awaiting Authorisation
Posted: Sep. 27 2005, 07:51

Has anybody received there copy from one of
the Internet Mail Operators Yet ?? Maybe the
Factory was told to deliver to Shops 1st so they
could sell Top Price CDs to the Must Have Now
Guys !! I want mine nowww to lol !!   :D
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 01:56

Quote (TubularBelle @ Sep. 27 2005, 11:00)

You can check with amazon by going to their site and clicking on 'Your Account'
Here you can check when the items you ordered will be posted. As has already been said on this forum, amazon automatically email you when the item has been posted - or shipped, as they put it  :)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 05:00

Curiously (and irritatingly) there's something wrong with the Amazon uk website, which keeps generating errors when I try to contact them to ask about the delay! The release of this album is starting to look like one of the best-kept secrets of 2005....
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Sep. 28 2005, 22:28

I am now getting really mixed interpretations, people are getting two different impressions of the fact that there are so very few albums on the shelves and nothing had been dispatched.

A-That they had so much stock of Mike but have already sold out.

B-Or that they all only had a few items, there is no stock.

Which one is it?

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Pat Gleeson Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 02:22

I just received my copy yesterday, and I'm listening to it steadily so I can comment on it properly.

The U-MYX software is pretty nifty :)
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 04:10

Just got an email from Amazon uk to say that they've dispatched it. So things are on the move at last.
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Sep. 29 2005, 08:46

Well here in the states we are being told by Amazon that it will not be shipped until October 5 meaning I won't get it until at least October 10.  That's nearly 2 more weeks! :/

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
189 replies since Aug. 31 2005, 13:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < ... 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net