Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (10) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Buy Light + Shade online< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
James Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 02 2005, 16:54

I was in a large virgin store on Saturday and couldn't see L&S amongst the new releases that they single out for customers attention.

I looked pretty hard, there was however three or so copies within his section.

What an irony he helped to create the Virgin empire yet they merely stuff a few L&S in discretely and away from the public gaze.
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2005, 17:36

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Oct. 02 2005, 21:18)
It looks like it has'nt charted anyway - at least in the UK

Give it a few weeks, word of mouth will suffice  :D

How about all new releases under the name 'Fiel' as in Oldfield, I think it sounds cool and if hip is what they want then the name is right, a well advertised album by Fiel would do well in the charts, especially at the high standards of Light + Shade, no offense Mike, but your name isn't 'bling' enough or whatever...... :laugh:

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
seren Offline

Posted: Oct. 02 2005, 19:01

Hi!  I just joined as I wanted to say how much I love Light+Shade.  I bought it from cdwow for my husband(who listens to virtually nothing else but Mike Oldfield!;) and now I've manged to wrestle it off him and listen to it myself, I have to say, I think it's great.

I must be the only MO fan in the world who hates Tubular Bells and all it's incarnations, so this new album is just lovely. I'm sad that it hasn't been reviewed in the media, but their loss.  The one flaw is that I see that amazon.co.uk have a different version.  Hmm, seems that those of us who ordered it before it was released are getting slightly less than those who order it later.  Which I don't think is right, but ah well.

Anyway, that's what I think.
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2005, 03:51

Quote (James @ Oct. 02 2005, 16:54)
I was in a large virgin store on Saturday and couldn't see L&S amongst the new releases that they single out for customers attention.

I looked pretty hard, there was however three or so copies within his section.

What an irony he helped to create the Virgin empire yet they merely stuff a few L&S in discretely and away from the public gaze.

After deciding in the end to go to HMV for my copy of L+S,on my way to this store have to pass by Virgin which don't really venture into anymore but, on this occasion thought I'd just have a look to see what they were doing re:L+S.Same story as copies of the album were nowhere near new releases,had to look really hard to find them & then there was a kind of "dust gathering" feeling about it all,even though they obviously hadn't long been put there.

Then on to HMV where it was quite a different story(although nothing in new releases)failed to find a copy of the album at all,but only because they'd all sold out,and empty space on shelf!
Lucky for me was easy to find a sales assistant,such a nice pleasant lady,who went away to find more copies from stock.

It cost a pound extra from HMV but that's nothing really is it?and also the thought crossed my mind re:how Virgin empire came to be,so on that thought and from what I'd witnessed in Virgin store,wouldn't have bought my copy there if it had been the only place in town with one.
Profile PM 
James Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2005, 15:55

Nice to hear you received your L&S Groovy Gran!!!!

The Postman nice chap LOL!! pushed a copy through the door this morning.Made a nice rather exciting sound as it thumped to the floor.

Ordered from The Amazon UK Brazil depot LOL! two days ago.

UMIX and bonus tracks too Im impressed.A fiver very well spent indeed I do believe.

Happy Listening everyone  :)  :)  :)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2005, 16:12

Quote (James @ Oct. 03 2005, 16:55)
Ordered from The Amazon UK Brazil depot LOL! two days ago.

I've ordered my copy at Amazon.co.uk on the 19th,it wasn't shipped on the 26th but only on the 30th.

Dunno that they've got a depot in my country...

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2005, 18:48

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Oct. 02 2005, 21:18)

http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/c/uk/album_charts.html

Hardly surprising, given the lack of distribution, let alone promotion.

Why :/ ????  I'm wondering why there's been hardly any promotion for  L&S. In the HMV Shop  last Monday  there was one CD  tucked away in the Mike Oldfield section, along with Tubular Bells 1973, 2,3 and 2003 releases.  
I was expecting at least a display towards the front of the store  with the other new relaeses.  How is L&S meant to chart if you can't but it for love or money    :O .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Bill Bobaggins Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2005, 20:45

Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Oct. 03 2005, 16:12)

Well, my copy from amazon.com was supposed to have been shipped to arrive here by Wednesday.  I just checked.  It has not been shipped and there is no update as to when it may be shipped.

--------------
Speak friend and enter.
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Oct. 03 2005, 23:16

Quote (Pat Gleeson @ Oct. 02 2005, 16:18)

http://uk.launch.yahoo.com/c/uk/album_charts.html

Hardly surprising, given the lack of distribution, let alone promotion.

That's interesting, I noticed it hasn't even charted in Spain yet.

Did anyone notice at number 18, HIM, DARKLIGHT, anyone ever heard of this band?

And I saw that Kate Bush's Hounds of Love and Led Zeps Physical Graffiti are both (still) selling. Kates new album is due out in a few weeks which might explain hers.

I only own two of those albums listed Cold Plays X&Y coming in at 12 and the Gorillaz Demon Days coming in at 17.

There's a few 'Best of' albums too, wouldn't mind ELO or the Verve. Also Phill Collins, James Blunt (only heard one song but he seems a bit like Jeff Buckley who I like, now sadly deceased), Jack Johnson, Scissor Sisters, White Stripes and Goldfrapp.

Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Tansy Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2005, 08:10

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Oct. 03 2005, 20:45)
Quote (Tati The Sentinel @ Oct. 03 2005, 16:12)

Well, my copy from amazon.com was supposed to have been shipped to arrive here by Wednesday.  I just checked.  It has not been shipped and there is no update as to when it may be shipped.

I'm feeling a bit upset ATM to learn that some of you haven't yet received your copies of the album-just wanted to express that really,and hope they will soon be with you(it all seems to be a bit "Bemuda Triangle" with Amazon)?
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 04 2005, 16:00

Quote (moonchildhippy @ Oct. 03 2005, 23:48)
I'm wondering why there's been hardly any promotion for  L&S.

Well, I suspect that the same guy in Tibet who hand-stamps the CDs, also makes the publicity leaflets. Also he only has one donkey, and that donkey is at present delivering Tracy's and Alex's CDs to Australia. So ....
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Oct. 04 2005, 17:48

Quote (Bill Bobaggins @ Oct. 03 2005, 19:45)

Indeed, same here. Maybe we are caught in a distortion of temporal space, and are still in the past waiting for last week's delivery, but are in the future at the same time. :D Anyway, you'd think customer care-wise that amazon could at least revise its "estimates." I noticed the other day that L + S is showing up at A & B Sound of Canada, and they're indicating that it's a special order and "usually ships in 6-8 weeks." Wonder if that's more realistic re: Amazon? Hope not!

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 05 2005, 06:52

Quote (Alan D @ Oct. 05 2005, 02:00)
Also he only has one donkey, and that donkey is at present delivering Tracy's and Alex's CDs to Australia. So ....

...that's who's doing the deliveries to Australia, eh?  Can you slip the bugger a few tabs and ask him to swing by Melbourne?

Seriously hanging here....
James Offline

Posted: Oct. 05 2005, 08:47

Hope you guys and gals awaiting your Light and Shade  receive your copies very soon it's a little double gem. ;)

Shame the promotion and the distribution appears so incredibly shoddy.

Well I hope you have it by the time I send this or real soon. ;)
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 00:54

Quote (Andrew H @ Oct. 05 2005, 06:52)
Quote (Alan D @ Oct. 05 2005, 02:00)
Also he only has one donkey, and that donkey is at present delivering Tracy's and Alex's CDs to Australia. So ....

...that's who's doing the deliveries to Australia, eh?  Can you slip the bugger a few tabs and ask him to swing by Melbourne?

Seriously hanging here....

Welcome Andrew, always great to see another Aussie, Oi oi oi!

Bumped into a mate yesterday who said he ordered his from the local music store who would have it by the 10th of Oct for $32. I paid $25 from Amazon with delivery and even though I expected them to post it to me on the 26th and they didn't send it until the 30th, their estimated delivery date was always from Oct 5th to Oct 10th and has not changed. If it arrives tomorrow I'll be delirious, as long as I get it before it is in the stores here locally I'll be happy, otherwise I'll be VERY upset having to wait when it is 2kms away! regardless of saving a few measly dollars.

Tracy.

--------------
I hate getting up early. I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 06:10

Quote (TubularBelle @ Oct. 06 2005, 10:54)
I paid $25 from Amazon with delivery and even though I expected them to post it to me on the 26th and they didn't send it until the 30th...

Hi Tracy,

So they've shipped your copy?  Amazon have yet to ship mine and I thought I'd done well to get in an early order.  Sanity are showing a local release date of Oct 10, so I'll probably purchase a copy locally but it won't have the extra tracks.  Likely I'll make a gift of it and keep the import.

Here's wishing you a fabulous weekend of MOdelirium!  

Andrew
Blue Dolphin Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 08:50

Quote (TubularBelle @ Oct. 04 2005, 05:16)
Did anyone notice at number 18, HIM, DARKLIGHT, anyone ever heard of this band?

Yes, HIM is a very well known band... anyways, in The Netherlands it is well known amongst the metal heads. ;)

--------------
-The mark of a good musician is to play one note and mean it-

Mike Oldfield - 1980
Profile PM 
TubularBelle Offline

Posted: Oct. 06 2005, 22:59

IT'S HERE!!!!!! IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!! Arrived at 12:20pm on the 7th, so I am going to lay down on the sofa and have a listen to it. Talk to you later.

Andrew the one you get should be the UK version with the bonus tracks. It was produced in the UK so I can't see why it would come from anywhere else unless you ordered it from a mail order company in another country, such as the CDWOW 16 track version. ENJOY!!!!

Thanks Blue Dolphin, Heavy Metal eh? Not really my thing.

Alex, have you got yours yet? You are a few hours behind us so you should still get it in todays mail.

--------------
Profile PM 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 06:41

Quote (TubularBelle @ Oct. 07 2005, 11:59)
Alex, have you got yours yet? You are a few hours behind us so you should still get it in todays mail.

Actually, I have!!! Seeing it waiting for me was just the thing I needed after a maths lecture that finished at 6.00 PM.  :zzz:

Now I have the whole weekend to constantly listen to it. Wonderful.  :cool:  :)

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Oct. 07 2005, 16:00

Looks like the donkey turned out to be a racehorse after all!

Hope you enjoy it, people.
Profile PM 
189 replies since Aug. 31 2005, 13:36 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (10) < ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net