Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Burning Questions About TB-ers< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 03:00

1) Does Ebony still not have Hergest Ridge?
2) How did Korgscrew get so smart?
3) Does anyone, besides me, miss onion?
4) Do guy-fans secretly roll their eyes when gal-fans go all gaga over MO?
5) Is Sir Mustapha really only 22? 'Cause, to me, he comes across as at least 28!
6) And just how old is Alan D?
7) Is Matt's puppy, Misty, the cutest thing?
8) Will the first person to post in the new MOTS forum receive a prize??

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
ImAFoolAndImLaughing Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 03:42

* Rolls his eyes *

--------------
"I was in this prematurely air conditioned supermarket and there were these bathing caps you could buy that had these kind of Fourth of July plumes on them that were red and yellow and blue and I wasn't tempted to buy one but I was reminded of the fact that I had been avoiding the beach."
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 04:36

It's often said that the whole of Western philosophy is just a footnote to Plato and Aristotle, because it's the same old, same old unanswerable questions going round, time and again.

So it is, with these. You'll probably find something about them in Plato's Republic.
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 04:48

7) Nope, that would be Hayley Westenra  ;)

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 13:02

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 04 2007, 08:00)
2) How did Korgscrew get so smart?

Hmm...I did? Must have happened that time my dunce cap slipped over my eyes and wouldn't come off. I knew those people were up to something when they said they'd help. That's the last time I let anyone solve anything with magic beans.

Plato...wasn't that a Greek washing up liquid?
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 14:01

Quote (Matt @ Nov. 04 2007, 04:48)
7) Nope, that would be Hayley Westenra  ;)

~ female fans roll their eyes!  ;) ~

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
bee Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 14:05

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 04 2007, 03:00)
7) Is Matt's puppy, Misty, the cutest thing?

Yes! Absolutely she is! Hope everything is going well for you all, great pictures in the other thread (naming of her etc) loved the one of her pulling hard on the toy, I know that look very well with my little puppy! And her name does suit her. :)

--------------
....second to the right and straight on till morning....

You heard me before
Yet you hear me again
Then I die
Till I call me again
Profile PM 
Matt Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 15:45

3) yes, I would have preferred onion to stay with us, just toneing down some of the posts a wee bit. Onion, return please!

8) prize for first MOTS forum post, probably a lovely letter from RIAA or similar, maybe even hand delivered!

--------------
"I say I say I say I say, what's got three bottles and five eyes and no legs and two wheels"
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 04 2007, 16:02

Quote (Korgscrew @ Nov. 04 2007, 18:02)

Well, let's think it through. Plato was Greek, so we get points for that. He almost certainly did the washing up (or he had a slave who did, also possibly Greek) - so more points for that. But I doubt if he ever washed up any liquid, so I think you might be wrong there, Korg.

Continuing this amazing bonanza of lateral thinking: it's not commonly known that 'Plato' was the name of the first part of an album by Moke Ildfoeld.

(The second part was called 'Num'.)
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 05 2007, 07:00

Quote (ImAFoolAndImLaughing @ Nov. 04 2007, 03:42)
* Rolls his eyes *

:O How did you know what I was doing??

It's often said that the whole of Western philosophy is just a footnote to Plato and Aristotle, because it's the same old, same old unanswerable questions going round, time and again.

At first, I thought Alan was inferring he was a contemporary of Plato.

I knew those people were up to something when they said they'd help. That's the last time I let anyone solve anything with magic beans.

"Beans, beans, are good for your heart
The more you eat, the more you... are smart?"

And as lovely as Hayley is, can she really compete with the shedding and slobbering charms of a Cavalier King Charles? Maybe don't answer that.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2007, 14:53

* Where did TOBY disappear to?
* Does jonnyw sing "faa soooo faa..." in the shower?
* Are arron and Piltdownboy brothers?
* Is The Big BellEnd as intimidating in real life?
* has bee ever been stung by one?

--------------
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Nov. 23 2007, 15:32

Oh, wow, I'm impressed that I sound like I'm 28. But hey, that's what the Internet does to you. :laugh: Well, I guess that's good, though. It means I'm probably speaking coherently. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2007, 16:10

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Nov. 23 2007, 20:32)
It means I'm probably speaking coherently.

Sorry ... Could you just explain that again?
Profile PM 
Ebony Offline

Posted: Nov. 23 2007, 17:30

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 04 2007, 08:00)
1) Does Ebony still not have Hergest Ridge?

Actually, I've recently come into possession of it.  About time!  What I've heard so far is awesome, but I haven't given it what I call a "proper listen" yet because 1: I can't go 15 mins without listening to part 4 of Platinum, and 2: I've got 2 2000 word philosophy essays to write (one of which is on Plato, funnily enough...)

Quote (Korgscrew @ Nov. 04 2007, 18:02)

Lmao!!
:D
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2007, 14:04

I think that surely the word intimidating got there by mistake, could it be possible that you meant either sensitive or understanding.

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2007, 15:05

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ Nov. 23 2007, 15:32)
I'm impressed that I sound like I'm 28. But hey, that's what the Internet does to you

The internet adds six years to everybody? Boy, am I in trouble. Then again, at least it's not six pounds.

Quote (Alan D @ Nov. 23 2007, 16:10)
Sorry ... Could you just explain that again?

Alan, you might just need to increase the text size. It's those extra six years, you know. ;)

Quote (Ebony @ Nov. 23 2007, 17:30)
What I've heard so far is awesome, but I haven't given it what I call a "proper listen" yet

Wow. I didn't start enjoying it until my fifth or sixth try.

I can't go 15 mins without listening to part 4 of Platinum

Hehe. And I thought I had it bad.

I've got 2 2000 word philosophy essays to write (one of which is on Plato, funnily enough...)

So one 1000 word essay on Hergest Ridge should be a breeze!

Quote (The Big BellEnd @ Nov. 24 2007, 14:04)
I think that surely the word intimidating got there by mistake, could it be possible that you meant either sensitive or understanding.

Yes. Yes, that's exactly what I meant. And good-looking, too.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Big BellEnd Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2007, 15:50

:D

--------------
I, ON THE OTHER HAND. AM A VICTIM OF YOUR CARNIVOUROUS LUNAR ACTIVITY.
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Nov. 24 2007, 17:01

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 24 2007, 20:05)
Alan, you might just need to increase the text size. It's those extra six years, you know.

Text size? Some days I can't even find the screen.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2008, 01:14

* Does Alan D realize that he has surpassed all other TB-ers (including the Korg-man) in postage? Although I'm sure such an achievement is of little significance to him, I feel a congratulations is in order. Well done, Alan - not merely for being a prolific poster, but for being so generous with your help, your witteries, and your profundities.

--------------
Profile PM 
Alan D Offline

Posted: Feb. 23 2008, 04:17

Oh good grief, you're right! I'm not sure whether I'm proud of my persistence (in which case, thank you) or appalled by my garrulity (in which case, don't encourage me).

So this is why I never wrote that Great Novel.
Profile PM 
65 replies since Nov. 04 2007, 03:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < [1] 2 3 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net