[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Burning Questions About TB-ers< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 16 2008, 16:45

Quote (Sweetpea @ May 16 2008, 15:44)
BTW, I think crunchy-keys are only slightly better than sticky-keys.

At least, in the former case, you can turn the keyboard upside town, shake it a little bit and most of the crumbs and stuff will fall off. In fact, whenever I use any of the computers in the campus labs, I spend an unhealthy amount of time shaking the putrid keyboard upside-down and blowing into the space between the keys to remove dust. I hate using dirty keyboards.

Sticky keys, however, are hell on Earth; and if The Ants find them, it's doom (yes, I've had ants crawling out from under the keys).

As for Tayniee's scenario; I pick up the beer'n'keys reference, I pick up the Millennium Bell 2008 reference, but... puke and carrots? I think I need a bit of elucidation here.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 16 2008, 19:13

If we were living in the same house, I'd rather use Sir M's or Alan's keyboard instead of mine. I tend to see Sir M as being a bit of a neatnik, for some reason. If he were to hurl, I'm pretty sure he'd make it to the bathroom or the wastebasket, at least. And I so can't see Alan allowing his keyboard to achieve a crustified state. I've only had this current keyboard for three days, and already it's been beered and - just now - coffeed.

I guess this leads to another burning question... how many of us eat and drink at our computers?

*shows off clean and neat desk previously posted from last year* (hey, I have to brag where I can - it'll be a while before it's that organized again! )

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Tayniee Offline

Posted: May 17 2008, 01:25

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ May 16 2008, 16:45)
As for Tayniee's scenario; I pick up the beer'n'keys reference, I pick up the Millennium Bell 2008 reference, but... puke and carrots? I think I need a bit of elucidation here.

........... You 3 are the intellectuals of the forum, very similar but also very different, like from the same family..  

...and Sir Mustapha must ava vomit a lot and eloquently says so frequently..    :zzz:

--------------
As we all know, endings are just beginnings.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 17 2008, 02:42

Quote (The Caveman @ May 14 2008, 12:59)
Moon it's a bugger when you're hairs as long as mine (over half way down my back now) and goes into ringlets natuarally.

Long(er) haired men turn me on, as do men with tattoos ;)  ;) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Tayniee Offline

Posted: May 17 2008, 17:17

...so my burning question;

Is Alan D and Sweetpea really a married couple and is Sir Mustapha their 22 year old son (with eating disorder)?   ;)

--------------
As we all know, endings are just beginnings.
Profile PM 
Starwatcher Offline

Posted: May 18 2008, 05:41

Posted on May 17 2008, 23:17
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...so my burning question;

Is Alan D and Sweetpea really a married couple and is Sir Mustapha their 22 year old son (with eating disorder)?  

:D  :laugh:  :p  Great!

--------------
"...but every while I would remember..."
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 18 2008, 06:48

Been thinking about getting a tattoo (a celtic cross)but then i am pants at dealing with pain  :laugh:

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: May 18 2008, 10:49

Quote (The Caveman @ May 18 2008, 05:48)
Been thinking about getting a tattoo (a celtic cross)but then i am pants at dealing with pain  :laugh:

Mmmm.....me, too....have wanted a little tubular bell for years, but there is the issue of pain. Knee pain, childbirth pain, sprained ankles, surgery, dental, etc....ok...pain happens. But to recreationally invite it, even for a nobler cause....and I hear you have to be sober.... :D

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 18 2008, 16:46

Quote (Inkanta @ May 18 2008, 14:49)
Quote (The Caveman @ May 18 2008, 05:48)

Mmmm.....me, too....have wanted a little tubular bell for years, but there is the issue of pain. Knee pain, childbirth pain, sprained ankles, surgery, dental, etc....ok...pain happens. But to recreationally invite it, even for a nobler cause....and I hear you have to be sober.... :D

Oh yes I've experienced  the above mentioned pain, apart from knee and childbirth pain, and at the mo I get tubular pain virtually everyday see my post here http://tubular.net/forums....t=8359, not to mention separation pain, well yes as I live some 60 or so miles from my boyfriend.

Getting a tatto isn't that painful, I've a small one   :)  :D, I was merry at the time, due to drinking Scrumpy.   Getting atatto can't hurt that much as some people get themselves covered in them, unless they're all into S&M.  I guess it depends where you get tattooed, obviously fleshy parts hurt less.  I did know this guy who got eyes tattooed on his eyelids, it was weird, OWWWWW I couldn't imagine that       :/ .  http://tubular.net/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4;t=8359

www.tubular.net/forums/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=4t=8359

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 18 2008, 17:31

Tattoos and body piercing are two things I'm absolutely not interested in, to be blunt - especially since I can't afford it.

Ok, I CAN afford it... but I prefer to get other things, like a new computer (which I shall finish paying this very month, :) ).

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 18 2008, 18:20

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ May 18 2008, 21:31)
Tattoos and body piercing are two things I'm absolutely not interested in, to be blunt - especially since I can't afford it.

Ok, I CAN afford it... but I prefer to get other things, like a new computer (which I shall finish paying this very month, :) ).

You don't want a blunt needle when getting a tattoo or any body piercing done Sir M  :laugh: , as it would hurt more.

I don't have any piercings apart from both ears pierced twice, don't know if the holes are still open.  As regards tattoos yes I'd like to get some more inking done, but it's a case of finding the money , and deciding what to get   :) .

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 04:49

Quote (Sir Mustapha @ May 18 2008, 17:31)
Tattoos and body piercing are two things I'm absolutely not interested in

I feel pretty much the same, Sir M. I only got my ears pierced (once in each) in my thirties, and that was because friends had given me earrings as gifts. Now that I've got 'em, I do enjoy wearing earrings on occasion. But I often forget to put them on. As for tattoos, I don't usually find them attractive. I once considered the possibility of a small one, but - like you - I'd rather spend my money on other things.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 06:34

Can`t say I`ve ever really fancied getting a tatoo myself.Or a piercing for that matter.My wife has three tatoos now though,and she has a complete aversion to needles as well.Her most recent piece of skin graffiti was to have my name tatooed just above her left breast.I must admit it made me feel pretty special when she showed me it.Although it did make me feel a little concerned as to which anonymous tyrant was laying claim to the right one...  ;)

And my daughter Catherine is well into them unfortunatly.Both tatoos and piercings that is to say.Her latest piece of body art is two silver studs just below each corner of her mouth...   :/
She came out for a drink with me last night to celebrate my wife`s birthday.And of course all of our friends were saying stuff like.."Hey Catherine you`ve got something stuck on your face there."..Ahh middle-aged humour.Is it any wonder those kids want to go out and stick bits of metal into their faces?!
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 07:10

Tell me about it mate.I had to put my stern but fair Dad head on and tell my eldest she is not having the top of her ear pierced until she is 16 and that's final!I had my ear pierced when i was in my late teens.The hole closed up about 7 years ago and i left it.Quite fancy a small tattoo on my upper arm though.As i said though it looks sort of painfull and although Moon says it doesn't hurt it involves needles.I give blood but that's ok as it's for a damn good cause,but any oother needles frankly scare me.Not a phobia as such,more an aversion.

--------------
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 07:32

Well I was the same as yourself Caveman regarding my eldest.Unfortunatly she`s at an age now where she can do what she likes.So my reaction now has kind of been yeah well I don`t really like it but if that`s what you wanna` do etc..I honestly don`t know if that`s the right thing to do,but she`s still a pretty cool kid though.She`s had her fair share of traumas and going off the rails episodes over the last few years.So I`m just glad that despite everything she`s been through we still have a pretty good relationship with each other.Believe me tatoos and body piercings have been the very least of my worries.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 08:20

Quote (The Caveman @ May 19 2008, 11:10)
Tell me about it mate.I had to put my stern but fair Dad head on and tell my eldest she is not having the top of her ear pierced until she is 16 and that's final!I had my ear pierced when i was in my late teens.The hole closed up about 7 years ago and i left it.Quite fancy a small tattoo on my upper arm though.As i said though it looks sort of painfull and although Moon says it doesn't hurt it involves needles.I give blood but that's ok as it's for a damn good cause,but any oother needles frankly scare me.Not a phobia as such,more an aversion.

I give blood, and I think recently I've had more needles inserted into me than I care to remember.  I think having needles in me for medical purposes or donating blood hurts more than getting a tattoo done.  

Dirk Star Posted on May 19 2008, 10:34Can`t say I`ve ever really fancied getting a tatoo myself.Or a piercing for that matter.My wife has three tatoos now though,and she has a complete aversion to needles as well.Her most recent piece of skin graffiti was to have my name tatooed just above her left breast.I must admit it made me feel pretty special when she showed me it.Although it did make me feel a little concerned as to which anonymous tyrant was laying claim to the right one...  ;)

And my daughter Catherine is well into them unfortunatly.Both tatoos and piercings that is to say.Her latest piece of body art is two silver studs just below each corner of her mouth...   :/
She came out for a drink with me last night to celebrate my wife`s birthday.And of course all of our friends were saying stuff like.."Hey Catherine you`ve got something stuck on your face there."..Ahh middle-aged humour.Is it any wonder those kids want to go out and stick bits of metal into their faces?!
Sweetpea Posted on May 19 2008, 08:49
Quote (Sir Mustapha @ May 18 2008, 17:31)
Tattoos and body piercing are two things I'm absolutely not interested in

I feel pretty much the same, Sir M. I only got my ears pierced (once in each) in my thirties, and that was because friends had given me earrings as gifts. Now that I've got 'em, I do enjoy wearing earrings on occasion. But I often forget to put them on. As for tattoos, I don't usually find them attractive. I once considered the possibility of a small one, but - like you - I'd rather spend my money on other things.

I know when I was 12 I put pressure on my Mum to let me get my ears pierced, as it was always "Wait until you're 18 , you can do what you like then"
As regards tattoos, I'm sure you all know about my liking for long(er) haired men. Maybe I've this liking for tattoed men as my boyfriend has tattoos on his arms, and he's quite tall , as well as big biceps, (not excessive body building as in Arnie), but just right.   My friend Sarah says that she doesn't really like tattoos, but she had a bit  of a thing for this bouncer who works in some of the local pubs round here, and he's got a shaved head , and tattoos on his arms, and on the sides of his head     :/ .   Maybe I think tattooed men offer me better protection, well, yes my boyfriend wouldn't  hurt a fly, but if anyone gives me crap, well he doesn't need to resort to violence (and then he'll only use it as a last resort), he only needs to give someone a dirty look. It's wonderful not to get propositions from lecherous or dirty old men .   Would my boyfriend be my boyfriend if he didn't have tattoos, well yes as it's what inside that counts see here  
www.youtube.com/watch/v=9G8OHeUnzk
, but it's just that I've always known my boyfriend with tatts, and I couldn't imagine him any other way

:)  :D

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 08:48

[quote=moonchildhippy,May 19 2008, 13:20][/quote]
I give blood, and I think recently I've had more needles inserted into me than I care to remember.  I think having needles in me for medical purposes or donating blood hurts more than getting a tattoo done.

My wife has the same kind of take on it as you do.She really hates having any kind of needle of the hospital variety coming anywhere near her.But was completely fine with all the tatoo stuff.She did say the tatoo she had done on her lower back was quite painful though.But there was a fair amount of black inking/filling in involved in that one.Which they do say is the worst bit from what I`ve been told.That said I have heard of people who kind of get addicted to the whole process of getting a tatoo done,which I can sort of understand in a way.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 09:03

Quote (Dirk Star @ May 19 2008, 12:48)
[quote=moonchildhippy,May 19 2008, 13:20][/quote]

My wife has the same kind of take on it as you do.She really hates having any kind of needle of the hospital variety coming anywhere near her.But was completely fine with all the tatoo stuff.She did say the tatoo she had done on her lower back was quite painful though.But there was a fair amount of black inking/filling in involved in that one.Which they do say is the worst bit from what I`ve been told.That said I have heard of people who kind of get addicted to the whole process of getting a tatoo done,which I can sort of understand in a way.

I can see it can be addictive, I think the only thing stopping me from getting more inking done at the mo is money or rather lack of it.  I wouldn't get covered in them. That said I did meet a woman who has had a trail of ivy leaves going from her ankle up to her shoulder.  I'm thinking about a Tubular Bell design , and the Queen Crest as designed by Freddie Mercury, as can be seen on the Queen II album :cool:. If I could drawor paint  I'd like to  design my own tattoo   :cool:

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 09:12

The ivy leaves thing sounds quite cool actually.Of course tatoos have gone really extreme in recent years.Imo you`d have to be absolutely bonkers to get one of these  Scarification Tatoos done for example.Thanks heavens for small mercies that my daughter has`nt shown any interest in getting one of those done...Yet! :/
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 09:40

I haven't clicked the link cos i've seen stuff like that before.Now that is so wrong!
 I was thinking of a celtic cross on my upper arm,about 2-3 inches across.I could be naff and have my kids names but Rhiannon Elizabeth is somewhat long :laugh:
The Queen crest would be cool but since it's made up of their starsigns pick your own sign and  of your favourite people and make your own up.

--------------
Profile PM 
65 replies since Nov. 04 2007, 03:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 [3] 4 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net