Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Burning Questions About TB-ers< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
The Caveman Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 19 2008, 09:41

Sorry should have read 3 of your favourite people.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: May 19 2008, 10:23

Quote (Dirk Star @ May 19 2008, 13:12)
The ivy leaves thing sounds quite cool actually.Of course tatoos have gone really extreme in recent years.Imo you`d have to be absolutely bonkers to get one of these  Scarification Tatoos done for example.Thanks heavens for small mercies that my daughter has`nt shown any interest in getting one of those done...Yet! :/

Yep I like some of  the designs, but actually cutting the skin to do it, OWWW!!!!  :O  I think the raised profile gives me goosebumps :O , if I get any more tattoos done it will be with good old fashioned  ink.

The Caveman   Posted on May 19 2008, 13:40

The Queen crest would be cool but since it's made up of their starsigns pick your own sign and  of your favourite people and make your own up.

I said about the Queen Crest as I'm nuts on Queen, I also share a Cancer star sign with Brian May, as my birthday falls eight days before his (I incidentally share my birthday with Tubular Belle who I "met" and first "spoke" to  on here, weird that as  she's in Southern Austrailia and I'm in England, all that distance out of 365 days a year to find we have the same birthday).
I could also use the lions in the Queen Crest ,  as My Dad and my Grandad (Father and son in Law both share the same birthday in August), my Nan is also a Virgo   :) , so yep when I get some money together that's one I will get a tattoo of.  

I was thinking about maybe doing my own based on my starsigns and my boyfriends star signs      :cool: , the only thing is if it goes wrong, (but I doubt it will as unlike my previous long term  relationship/marriage  , we feel able to discuss things), I'll have to find another Saggitarian. If I had any doubts about it I wouldn't be planning on upping sticks and moving.    

Who says that Cancer and Saggitarius can't get on together, whoever wrote that about astrology was talking a load of old balls   :p

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: May 19 2008, 16:07

Quote (Sweetpea @ May 19 2008, 04:49)
I feel pretty much the same, Sir M. I only got my ears pierced (once in each) in my thirties, and that was because friends had given me earrings as gifts. Now that I've got 'em, I do enjoy wearing earrings on occasion. But I often forget to put them on. As for tattoos, I don't usually find them attractive. I once considered the possibility of a small one, but - like you - I'd rather spend my money on other things.

Oh, my. Can I be in love with you? :D

By the way, someone mentioned giving blood. I've only given blood once so far, but I was quite impressed with how little it hurt. Maybe it's because my arteries absolutely jump out of my arms, so getting the needle in is pretty much effortless.

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: June 03 2008, 00:51

I have never donated blood, but that's not because of stinginess or misanthropy. They have a hard enough time getting my blood simply for exams, so I'm not that eager to play pincushion if I don't have to.

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: June 04 2008, 08:40

I haven't given blood for a while so i must get back to it.My reasons for giving blood are very simple.I have 3 daughters who are rthe apple (s)of my eye and whom i adore.They have a different blood group to myself (they have the same blood group as their mum which is quite rare)but i would hope that if,gods forbid,they had an accident and required blood,that someone had donated blood in order to provide enough for a blood transfusion.
 Of course some people have a hard time getting enough for a bloood test and some have a phobia of needles (me included i admit)but i feel,as a commited dad,that it's something i wish to do.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: June 04 2008, 23:03

Wish I could donate. My former workplace organized blood drives, and one was right outside my office. I attempted to donate. I workout, have good veins, and I don't know if it was the person drawing the blood or me, but after the longest, most agonizing experience I've ever been through involving that process, she only netted a half a bag. It was so discouraging and the needlestick hurt for days. I guess the blood, meager as it was, wouldn't be wasted--according to the nurse it might have gone on to be used in activities like police training, where they might throw it against the wall or some such thing. I try to find other ways to make myself useful, like helping out during local disasters (the tornado, for instance and floods) , food banks, community organizations, etc. But still not the same as giving blood.  :/

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
65 replies since Nov. 04 2007, 03:00 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (4) < 1 2 3 [4] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net