Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Britains favorite Christmas songs< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
simmo2005 Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 27 2011, 05:32

In dulci jubilo featured in a channel 5 programme counting down our favourite Xmas songs! Recorder player Les Penning was interviewed About the recording of the track followed by a segment from the original music video. I think it featured just outside the top 30 in their countdown - it sold an initial 200,000 copies in the UK according to the show.
Profile PM 
3Wheeler Offline

Posted: Dec. 27 2011, 05:55

Mike has a Few nice Pension Fund Tracks.. This is the December Issue :)..

--------------
We're Flying Aeroflot, We've Got Reservations.
Profile PM 
simmo2005 Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2011, 08:37

you can watch the show here, with mike's entry about 1 hour into the countdown...

http://www.channel5.com/shows....s-songs
Profile PM 
stpaul Offline

Posted: Dec. 30 2011, 12:54

it's not available outside the uk :-(
Profile PM 
Cavalier (Lost Version) Offline

Posted: Dec. 15 2013, 18:51

This is being repeated now - just watching bits of it again on +1.  As I didn't have space to record all of it before, I'm seeing that Maddy Prior also gets interviewed about Steeleye Span's Gaudete.

One bit I'm not seeing was more expected.  I'd forgotten who the host of the In Dulci Jubilo Top of the Pops clip was until I watched it again earlier this year.  I believe I was the last on here to mention Jimmy Saville prior to the posthumous fall from grace.  In their innocence as well, this programme's makers were paying a tribute to his memory; some wise soul has remembered to take it out of these showings.

--------------
"Who was that?"
"That was Venger - the force of Evil!  I am Dungeon Master - your guide in the realm of Dungeons & Dragons!"
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Dec. 18 2013, 02:33

I watched a bit but thought there wasn't hope for In Dulci Jubilo in there...what a surprise:)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since Dec. 27 2011, 05:32 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net