Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: bored, what shall I do!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 18 2009, 05:53

"I prefer, things that involve drilling, screwing or banging"!
Thats funny! I like your style! No, that story/thread is dead. She dissapeared like the wind. I returned to survival mode. Will I forget it, no. But at 48 I can dismiss it so quickly. At 28, oh boo hoo! Age has it's benefits. Consider the Ann story closed. The need to survive(the job!;) is paramount. I had the chance to dissect her comments. I think she was not what she seemed. I'm somewhat good at this after a 30 year+ history with 2 legal marraiages+several ethical/moral others. I can "read them". Hence my retirement. Hey Eddy! You will never find a more ethical, perfect-life-form, loving companion than what you see in my avatar. A companion superior to anything else. He only wants to please and to play and to be pleased. My Eddy.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 18 2009, 06:24

PS: yes I know you were talking about nails. On a footnote, I just can't promote Eddy enough. At 25, I would have thought he was cute and moved on to the next bar, or circa 1990, a magic year, there was no internet, only "bulletin boards" served by 2400 baud modems. No 9-11 paranoia, yet...text only BBS's that allowed opposite sexes to meet. A great time. Yet, what greater companion is there than a little white somebody with big brown eyes to jump in your arms and say "You are my world!" Then shove a rubber pink pig against your leg, "Throw it!".....There is nothing better....yeah right Jim, look at Rose Byrne! Well Rose Byrne is not here.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 18 2009, 09:34

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 18 2009, 09:53)
"I prefer, things that involve drilling, screwing or banging"!
Thats funny! I like your style!

PS: yes I know you were talking about nails. On a footnote, I just can't promote Eddy enough. At 25, I would have thought he was cute and moved on to the next bar, or circa 1990, a magic year, there was no internet, only "bulletin boards" served by 2400 baud modems. No 9-11 paranoia, yet...text only BBS's that allowed opposite sexes to meet. A great time. Yet, what greater companion is there than a little white somebody with big brown eyes to jump in your arms and say "You are my world!" Then shove a rubber pink pig against your leg, "Throw it!".....There is nothing better....yeah right Jim, look at Rose Byrne! Well Rose Byrne is not here.

Oh yes I've just seen how that post might be a bit rude  :O

BBs's ?????. In 1990 long before the days of computers, were mainstream.  Oh yes in the days before terrorist attacks, oh but in the UK we had the IRA, alright before 9/11, 7/7 and the "war on terror" , yes if people want to blow themselves up in the name of religion fine, but don't blow others up.  I think the 70's were a good time to have been young, apart from having the 3 day week and power cuts, maybe youve got to travel back further in time for British life to be at it's best,  yes i would say the late 50's and into the 60's, oh yes I couldv'e had my youth in the late 60's, rather than in the 80's of Thatcherism, and high unemployment.  Maybe in some ways I can't knock Maggie too much, (but I hate her for destroying many livelehoods) as things are worse, under this present shower.  

How on earth did I get on to politics. Maybe this sums it up for me 1968 was the only year British forces were not involved in any conflict since 1945, we can't sort out the world.

I think maybe that was me reminicing and ranting at the same time.
Oh yes I have to agree with you about furry companions, except mine is little  black with green eyes, and she likes chasing balls and furry mice and playing with pieces of ribbon.
Your time will come again Jim,  Going back four years ago, I had my taste of freedom on Hergest Ridge, as i was ina marriage that had run it's course.  I thought there was a time I wouldn't find love, but it came up and bit me when i least expected it, so my tip is don't bother with dating sites, I've found them a waste of time and money.

BTW who is Rose Byrne, an't say I've heard of her.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 18 2009, 17:48

Australian actress, cute as heck. I saw her in "Knowing" with Nicolas Cage. Great flick.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 22 2009, 12:54

oh my gosh the boredom has lifted, and now I have mixed feelings about this- I got a phone call today from my housing association saying that a new policy is coming in wherby they wont be renewing the lease on the flat so the council are finding another place for me by the end of the year.

I'm happy but I dont want to move twice in one year.  I was due to go to Farnborough Technology College (Britain) in September 2010, at which point I would have had to have moved there or somewhere near Berks.  I don't really want to move twice; once by the council and then again to go to university; Too much for me and my daughter.  Looks like I may have to go to Farnborogh sooner rather than later to cut down on the moves.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 23 2009, 10:11

Hello. Don't feel bad, I've been moving once a year for 5 years like clockwork. I move in, then can't wait for the lease to run out as I find "the place" is a lemon(or my ex GF left half way thru our lease last Nov.) I will do a lot of research prior to this lease ending and find a place where I can turn 50 happily. Hope your move goes well!

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 23 2009, 20:16

Quote (Silver Negus @ July 22 2009, 12:54)
oh my gosh the boredom has lifted, and now I have mixed feelings about this- I got a phone call today from my housing association saying that a new policy is coming in wherby they wont be renewing the lease on the flat so the council are finding another place for me by the end of the year.

Arrgghh, good luck with your impending move! Moving a lot is hard on you and also on your daughter, so hopefully just one will work? /-: Can you start college earlier?

ATM, though not bored I am hmm--maybe slightly inconsolable. I have just had the most extraordinary nine days. A couple nights in NYC--American Museum of Natural History, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, walked & rowed in Central Park (well, I didn't actually do the rowing <-; ), Times Square, then back to upstate NY for the Grassroots Music and Dance Festival (yay for dancing! ), the Renaissance Faire at Sterling, walked along the beach at Lake Ontario, visited the Ontario side of Niagara Falls for a couple of days, hiked in Letchworth State Park, and early this morning communed with the magickal woods of Dryden Lake. Perfect. Except that now my bf is en route back to Finland. We know we have to enjoy the fleeting moments we have together, but it doesn't make the partings any easier. Anyway......I have been thinking about getting another dog, but I don't know if I'm ready to take that step. Really thought about it on the drive back from JFK today. Am between a golden doodle, standard poodle, or Portuguese Water Dog (even before Obama! ), if any at all.  A couple of people were hiking in Letchworth with their PWDs yesterday.  First I've ever seen any outside the Irish RM! Anyone know any PWDs or golden doodles? From what I've read, they're happy, sweet, smart souls.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 24 2009, 05:49

Yep I guess that's one of the problemd with long distance relationships , I find 60 miles or so is enough for me.  However i speak to my boyfriend on the phone every day, but I just want to get out of this craphole of a town.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: July 24 2009, 19:38

Yeah, depending on transportation and schedules, 60 miles can be nearly as bad as a half a world away. OK....maybe not. :)

Between email, skype, and Second Life it's very possible to talk everyday--to even do video calls, but it all still sucks.

I have decided that I am living under a l-d relationship curse. I also can't even seriously think about getting a dog until next spring.

--------------
Profile PM 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: July 29 2009, 01:10

I know what you mean Inkanta. Long distance relationships drain the purse, sanity and social life (being with friends). technology is great for keeping in touch, but its not the real deal is it? Hope you two hook up again soon! :)
Profile PM 
Philippe Tavares Offline

Posted: July 29 2009, 03:57

Quote (Silver Negus @ July 07 2009, 18:25)
I'm so bored any ideas for what I should do freinds?  I've finished my course so bored bored bored. 'Yawn' :/

:D I'm sorry Silver , i couldn't resist !

http://www.beseechfanclub.com/bored/

I've just found this few days ago and i've thought of your post !  ;)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 30 2009, 14:37

Boredom is over here,got an offer to do my MSc Biotechnlogy in England this year \o/

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: July 30 2009, 18:37

Congratulations, Tati!!!

--------------
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 11:28

Quote (Tubular Tos @ July 29 2009, 03:57)
Quote (Silver Negus @ July 07 2009, 18:25)
I'm so bored any ideas for what I should do freinds?  I've finished my course so bored bored bored. 'Yawn' :/

:D I'm sorry Silver , i couldn't resist !

http://www.beseechfanclub.com/bored/

I've just found this few days ago and i've thought of your post !  ;)

haha.  whatever floats your boat TT.

hope your plans for your course goes well Tati.
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 14:32

Of course,my MSc is going to be a real challenge for me,since it's going to be the first time I'm going to live on my own.I love being challenged,and I'm really looking foward to it,it will boost my career up,I'm sure.

And I can't forget one of my personal inspirations regarding the moments where I'm into a challenge...a certain Mike Oldfield,as always  ;)

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 18:21

Quote (Inkanta @ July 24 2009, 23:38)
Yeah, depending on transportation and schedules, 60 miles can be nearly as bad as a half a world away. OK....maybe not. :)

Between email, skype, and Second Life it's very possible to talk everyday--to even do video calls, but it all still sucks.

I have decided that I am living under a l-d relationship curse. I also can't even seriously think about getting a dog until next spring.

Thanks to a wonderful invention called the motor ar 60 miles is about an hour or so away, ok call it 75-90 mins tops. If I did the trip by train it takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours and costs double the price. I also have to lug bags to the railway station.    If i had the money I'd up and move up there, as i know more friends within a 20 mile radius of there than I do down here.  I guess maybe that's what happens when you look after your disabled then husband for eight years. Disability or not it doesn't excuse him behaving like a right bastard to me at times.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,

"Part time hippy"

Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 19:13

Well, maybe someday in the near future you'll be able to make that move. I'd given anything for only 60 miles--that would be under an hour the way I drive. :D  No more of this being half-way around the world for me, though--not in perpetuity, anyway.

--------------
Profile PM 
olracUK Offline

Posted: Aug. 02 2009, 20:03

@ Tati - no matter which course you choose - or which Town. good Luck to you and hope to meet up sometime.

i know you have been to Europe before, but a lot of Oldfield fans here will be happy to show you around and try to interrupt your studies! lol

--------------
The answer is 42 - but what is the question?
Profile PM 
57 replies since July 07 2009, 12:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net