Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: bored, what shall I do!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 10 2009, 11:32

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 09 2009, 20:49)
I'm a little paranoid cuz we played dominoes all night again, then at 6AM this guy who comes in to work with the troubled kid saw her walk away from my side of the dorm(where we were playing dominoes). He make a remark that we later in the parking lot agreed pissed us both off. "What are you doing over there? I thought that was his side of the dorm". As if we're supposed to stay in our seperate corners. This is how gossip starts and jobs are lost.

Man! What kind of assholes do you work with? That sucks; maybe I'm too used with the extremely friendly environment of my workplace, because that strikes me as plain absurd. Besides, those are usually the kind of people who'll frown at something as simples as a shared game of dominos, but make sure to remain deaf and blind about rumours of people having sex inside the lift. Bleargh.

But yeah, be cool, it will work out right. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: July 10 2009, 12:23

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 09 2009, 20:49)
There is a problem with being with really hot women, the security guy and the night supervisor guy come by and just drip all over the floor talking to her. She has that affect on everyone I suppose.

That's one thing that pisses me off, but mostly because not only I hate that sort of behaviour, I never saw any sense in it. So the guy will turn his whole torso around just so he can see the lady going past the street. What's the point? You're never gonna manage to take her to bed, you moron! She doesn't even care about you! Some of my colleagues keep a watch on the ladies around the university restaurant (I hate the word "cafeteria" and I refuse to use it), to the point of using military directions ("at four o'clock, near the pillar"). I can't stand that. To the point where I even took pride in the way I humiliated the notion of beauty in women. The logical conclusion is that physical beauty was one of the last things that made me fall completely for my lady; however I can now honestly, with a straight face and a clear conscience, tell you that she IS the most beautiful and attractive woman I've ever seen, and the only lady that catches my eye. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 10 2009, 12:31

The dysfuntional boy was supposed to go home Thursday afternoon, but did not. I was expecting to be alone Thurs. nite, but was not. She was there, but as the night wore on she seemed more cranky, irritable. She pulled up a news website and there was a picture of Obama in Italy looking at the rear end of a shapely woman getting into a car. The camera cought him staring straight at her booty. She seemed to be staring at that picture. I looked at it and laughed, "that's hilarious!". Then the unexpected happened. She said "that's perverted". My reply...."Thats funny, it just shows the president is a regular sort of guy with a sense of humor." Her mood turned very serious and she went to websites about the gospel and saints and books of the bible, etc. After a few minutes I isolated myself back to my office. Turns out she's ultra christian. I think I'm gonna be pretty worried all weekend about my job. If I did not hang myself with that remark, and my unintentional insult remains buried.....I'll never make the same mistake. Like I said, never take anyone at face value till you know them for sure. I will wait for Sunday night, and if all is well, I'm retired forever from this. Eddy is all I need. The End. Hey man/amen. Just 2 days to sweat.

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 10 2009, 14:34

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 10 2009, 12:31)
She pulled up a news website and there was a picture of Obama in Italy looking at the rear end of a shapely woman getting into a car. The camera cought him staring straight at her booty. She seemed to be staring at that picture. I looked at it and laughed, "that's hilarious!". Then the unexpected happened. She said "that's perverted". My reply...."Thats funny, it just shows the president is a regular sort of guy with a sense of humor."

I saw that photo of Obama and Sarkozy.

I responded like you - ie. normal.

Your goddess lady sounds a bit scary today. :/

--------------
Barn's burnt down - now I can see the moon.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 10 2009, 15:07

This is definately on my mind, and it's only 2PM Friday. Over 50 hours to go......

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: July 10 2009, 16:01

Talk about Obama: It has just been revealed that Obama WAS NOT staring at the woman.

HOWEVER... ... juut watch!

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 10 2009, 16:58

Yes I thought so. The same video is on yahoo news I found after watching the youtube one. All of the bad vibes over an illusion, a mirage. Well, truth is I'm not religous, not an athiest either. I just see a way for the scientific and creation models of the universe to co-exist nicely. But I never could interface with die hard straight ultra-clean-christian-charismatic-types. No harm done, I just want this buried.

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 12 2009, 17:13

Oh, the other day I was chatting to a young lady who had very strong religious beliefs. She told me that God had put fossils in the ground, when he was making the Earth, so that when we found them it would test the faith of the believers. Yup.

--------------
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 12 2009, 19:05

Nothing gets me going more that stuff like that. I went to a Catholic undergraduate college, majored in anthropology, and learned the science of evolution from a priest. Over the years, I have met many extremely religious people of various faiths, including Christian, who have no problem with the e-word.  And yet, my former sister-in-law, in my first marriage, told me that the devil planted the fossilized bones in the ground to deceive intelligent people. My mouth dropped. She taught at the college level, in business/management, not science. Still, my estimation of that college plummeted.  How do you argue with people holding such beliefs? You can't. I was months out of my degree, young, wanting to fight stupidity in the world, and I argued and argued.  Of course to no avail. The fight here isn't over, and evolution shrinks from biology text books and some states have to fight to keep "intelligent design" out of the classroom. Keep creation stories of all cultures and belief systems where they belong--in the 290's or 390's section of the library, not the 500's, which are science (Dewey Classification). :)

The problem is that creationists/intelligent designers throw out the evidence to fit their so-called theories. Scientists ethically cannot do that. If something doesn't fit, they have to go back to the drawing board. As Carl Sagan once said, the difference between creationism and science is that science is self-correcting.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 13 2009, 08:16

It sounds good Scatt; hope things work out, but if they don't in the way you would like, she sounds like she could be a good freind all the same.
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 13 2009, 08:22

Are there any people who could offer me advice about compulsive spending and how to stop it.  I'm sure I have some compulsive traits and behaviours. I used to be really careful with money since I came from a thrifty kind of background, but now i'm either thrifty or the opposite and spend money that I have got but on things I don't NEED.  It usually happens during times of something going wrong or if I'm stressed with studying; or if someone has really pissed me off, but I don't show the emotion, although really I should.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: July 13 2009, 09:27

Quote (wiga @ July 12 2009, 17:13)
Oh, the other day I was chatting to a young lady who had very strong religious beliefs. She told me that God had put fossils in the ground, when he was making the Earth, so that when we found them it would test the faith of the believers. Yup.

Should have asked her in which part of the Bible she read that. :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 13 2009, 12:30

Seems to me like they can`t even decide if God or The Devil put them there..."Well somebody put them there,so which one of you two was it??...Hmmm staying quiet ay!..Well you can consider yourselves both well and truly grounded until I get a straight answer!"

@Jim I hope everything is still cool for you at work there.It`s a shame this thing didn`t pan out a whole lot better.I was kind of caught up in your own excitement myself earlier in this thread.
Profile PM 
wiga Offline

Posted: July 13 2009, 14:09

Quote (Dirk Star @ July 13 2009, 12:30)
[i]"Well somebody put them there,so which one of you two was it??...Hmmm staying quiet ay!..Well you can consider yourselves both well and truly grounded until I get a straight answer!"

That's exactly what I'd like to say to the guys at Mercury/Universal about the signed certificates that went to Amazon. :O

--------------
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 13 2009, 14:59

Well, I walked in Sun. night @ 11:30PM. Not a word about Ann. So I guess my job is OK. This is a Mike Oldfield fan site, so I guess I should not draw upon sympathy for romance. In this case I lost nothing since romance is a "foriegn affair" for me(MO tie-in) for about 2 years. My assessment: this woman was exquisite. Upon examination, I believe she had breast enlargement surgery(there are signs, you can tell, I can as I am medically trained). You Tubes better be laughing your asses off cuz I am! At her 36YO, this leads me to think(and I have great pattern recognition skills, hence my love of MO......I mean his music damnit), that she was once a stripper. Not uncommon. I knew a nurse, just as sexy a few years ago. I knew her before, in another job with smaller "assets". And after breast augmentation a year or 2 later,.. She was VERY open about her surgery. Admitted she was a stripper, and the long term care facility forced her to do random urine drug tests. IE she was ostracised because she stripped on the side of working as a nurse.
    That was years ago. She was exquisite too. Could not keep my eyes off her, but therein lies the problem, and solution. I'm a worldly SOB and Texas has a pattern as does Scotland or England or anywhere else. There is no difference. I think Ann was a stripper, had trouble with drugs, got religion, the typical story. But....is she a distraction in the workplace, yes. Jeez, Me, Security, the night Supervisor....drooling. I'm glad she is gone. I must survive. All the estrogen in the world I must fight off. Think of Chris Squire.....not the best lookin' fellow in the world.......think of Chris Squire! Great bassist. I seem to have a job. This is a MO fan site. I'm sorry I intruded with irrelivent talk. OMG! Now I'm in love with Julie!.....just kidding. I'll be 48 in 48 minutes. I am retired from romance. You young people enjoy......this is a time you must enjoy now. It won't come again. Me? I was bored this weekend and installed Yahoo Messenger and made a date with a 50YO female, now has cancelled. But the Yahoo Messenger, now uninstalled....I'm getting more pop-up ads and virus alerts. My point: meet the Normal way. 48 sucks. You young people enjoy. Time runs short. Just watch "Knowing" with N. Cage(his best movie to date), but....see the end....I won't spoil it for you. Great movie!
Amen/hey man
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 14 2009, 01:31

@ Silver Negus... not sure, but try http://www.indiana.edu/~engs/hints/shop.html For me, it's chocolate. Buying chocolate, then eating it. /-: Think I'm getting a bit better. A wee bit. But then why do I have to buy it when my bf sends an emergency, first aid supply?? Yikes.

@ Dirk:  Too funny....LMAO!

@Scatterplot: I am sorry that things didn't work out for you with your friend and that 48 is sucking for you.  Maybe take a hiatus, but good heavens, love, romance, lust, happiness are not bound or defined by one's age. They're just not. I think of so many people older than you, older than me who have fallen in love and are pretty happy. My former mother-in-law married again in her 60's. My uncle buried two wives (cancer and Alzheimer's) and is now in his mid-80's and just returned from an Alaskan cruise with his latest gf. He seems so young. Still good looking, wicked sense of humor. Other friends, in their 50's, are getting handfasted in September. They are so happy.  Certainly gives me hope.

I am not sure what meeting the normal way is anymore. Various stats suggest that 1 in 6 couples who married last year met online. I don't even know what "they" (i.e., "they say"  "researchers" -- but which ones? where are they?) mean by that. Online dating services? Chat rooms? Discussion forums? Random ICQ? Second Life? No idea.  

Perhaps follow your interests, your passions, and keep an open mind to whatever happens. If nothing else, you'll be immersed in activities that you enjoy.

Re: Cages Knowing--although the reviews tended to be less than flattering, I am a sucker for movies like that.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: July 14 2009, 03:08

Well Happy Birthday to you Jim however you may feel about it.And yeah I agree with Inkanta here.I know it`s a kind of corny thing to say but you never know what`s round the next corner.Plus you`ve already got wit,intelligence,and a fine taste in music firmly on your side.Those chicks should be hunting you down man..In the meantime though there`s always Mr Squire to think about heh heh.I think it was around the 90125 tour where his weight really balooned and he started wearing this terrible psychedelic kaftan thing.Kind of similar to Homer Simpson`s floral mu-mu in the episode where he "worked" from home..Yeah I dare say that`d be enough to put anyone off.
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Posted: July 14 2009, 08:01

Quote (Dirk Star @ July 14 2009, 03:08)
Well Happy Birthday to you Jim however you may feel about it.And yeah I agree with Inkanta here.I know it`s a kind of corny thing to say but you never know what`s round the next corner.

So true. You know, after what happened to me, I don't doubt anything. Anything. You can have the most fixed and well-constructed vision of the world that you could ever possibly assembled, and NOTHING can guarantee that it won't ever get toppled by something that seemed impossible. And the thing is, it's good to change. Many times it's great to have conceptions simply so that they will get changed. Everything is possible, and you have to be open.

I'm not at all an expert in relationships. I don't believe in "love at first sight". I think the ideal way for love to happen is for it to be revealed layer by layer, in a smooth succession, to the point where you don't know exactly when you fell in love -- it feels like you were always in it. Online meetings? No idea if/how they work. Text messaging is full of traps, though they do give you a more direct connection to the other person's ideas and opinions (though I don't know if people use it for that purpose!...). I just don't know, really. Yesterday, my lady and I completed the first year of our relationship. We saw a French film (for free, in the university theatre), and had cake and coffee. I never thought I'd ever go through that, but, here I am. My previous conceptions are all buried and gone. Lisa Simpson is a loser. And you can't ever be too old for things. I'm a firm believer that you're ever only as old as you think you should be. Perhaps I'm young and idealistic? Well, there's a reason for that: it works. :)

There can never be too many coincidences. My lady loves Talking Heads. Can you believe it? In this whole town, there must be only two fans of Talking Heads, and they are us. The world moves on a woman's hips, the world moves and it swivels and bops. For better or for worse. :)

--------------
Profile PM WEB 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 14 2009, 11:04

Quote (Inkanta @ July 14 2009, 01:31)
@ Silver Negus... not sure, but try http://www.indiana.edu/~engs/hints/shop.html For me, it's chocolate. Buying chocolate, then eating it. /-: Think I'm getting a bit better. A wee bit. But then why do I have to buy it when my bf sends an emergency, first aid supply?? Yikes.

@ Dirk:  Too funny....LMAO!

@Scatterplot: I am sorry that things didn't work out for you with your friend and that 48 is sucking for you.  Maybe take a hiatus, but good heavens, love, romance, lust, happiness are not bound or defined by one's age. They're just not. I think of so many people older than you, older than me who have fallen in love and are pretty happy. My former mother-in-law married again in her 60's. My uncle buried two wives (cancer and Alzheimer's) and is now in his mid-80's and just returned from an Alaskan cruise with his latest gf. He seems so young. Still good looking, wicked sense of humor. Other friends, in their 50's, are getting handfasted in September. They are so happy.  Certainly gives me hope.

I am not sure what meeting the normal way is anymore. Various stats suggest that 1 in 6 couples who married last year met online. I don't even know what "they" (i.e., "they say"  "researchers" -- but which ones? where are they?) mean by that. Online dating services? Chat rooms? Discussion forums? Random ICQ? Second Life? No idea.  

Perhaps follow your interests, your passions, and keep an open mind to whatever happens. If nothing else, you'll be immersed in activities that you enjoy.

Re: Cages Knowing--although the reviews tended to be less than flattering, I am a sucker for movies like that.

goodness.  reading all that via the link tells me that I'm not as bad as I thought I was.  I put to good use everyting I buy, but I'm compulsive deffinately because I only seem to shop when I feel overwhelmed.  Atleast I've recognised it early I suppose. Thanks INKANTA XXX
Profile PM 
moonchildhippy Offline

Posted: July 17 2009, 18:04

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 07 2009, 17:39)
Well you could always come over and help me entertain Eddy. Or play dominoes. But given your location I find that unlikely, however Deb Seward and at least one other here bought guitars(not the MO CD, an instrument) recently with positive results. You could take up microbiology and biotechnology and help fight the H1N1 flu. You could download some cool tower defense or shooter games or just play them online. I like Zombie Horde 3, but I beat it already(many times). Take on Canyon Defense, there's a goodie. Sell your unwanted goods on Ebay and get half what you hoped for. Uhh...write to people in prison. Get the Vangelis collection and write on the "What are you listening to" thread. Figure out why everybody ignored my nice offer on the "Tubular Bells F%^& up LP thread"......can't say I blame them, that's hard cash they paid for that thang. Me? I see that vinyl is in such little demand since 20 years ago quality control was gonna suffer. Get a little doggie like Eddy. Take up archery, there's a cool hobby! I thought about(when I was in a house with a back yard), taking thick plywood and making a practice range, never did tho. Become a file pirate. Do you drink? If not, do it in moderation and start with beer. Do you drive? Learn up on auto mechanics and start doing your own oil changes, etc. Got a motorcycle? Hey, great fun, but don't buy one made in China! Honda, Yamaha OK. I'm a very bored guy right now but I've got a real delimma. I've had a student added to my summer agenda who is blind and deaf. But he also is "agitated" and hits, headbangs, kicks, etc. So....another staff was added to watch him on my shift. I no longer have the dorm to myself. Who other than the most absolutely beautiful woman I ever saw on this campus? I'm 48, too old for this, 20+ years older than her, have a job with GREAT benefits and can't lose this job at my age. I look, but do so with extreme caution. It is pure joy to be around her, her voice is so sweet, her manner so sweet. Even 10 years ago at 38YO I would say "damn the torpedoes full speed ahead". But at 48, I have Eddy to take care of, he's my only companion. It takes money to pay for a roof and chew toys, let alone my needs. How do I spend the next week, maybe 2 weeks with the most beautiful woman I ever saw and shut my eyes and mouth and stay FOCUSED? A true challenge. We had a 15 minute conversation on my side of the dorm on nice furniture. For 15 minutes I felt 28(about her age). This is gonna be a trial, a test. Bored now Maria? I'm actually pretty worried. I must curb my past, even kill it. Damn(or bless) the luck. For the first time in years I'm close to someone I must avoid but feel bliss being near her. Bored now? I better go to bed.
Jimbo

WOW!!!! That's quite alot Jim.

Maria, if you're bored and need something to do, how about writing letters to our boys and girls in Afghanistan, oh yes i'm passionate about that as a girlfriend of a former Army serviceman.  I do voluntary work with the Royal British Legion, home & hospital visits/casework  just completed my first case. I'm actively involved in sending out parcels for our troops, also ones gontaining goodies for the Afghani  kids, esp those injured iin the hospital at Camp Bastion.

Oh yes I  ended up joining my local Mind group, I know my fella reccommended something like that and  my dr  agreed.  I know I've got friends but most of them live 50+ miles away, so sometimes I get bored.  OH yes my first Mind group there's various things go on. I was a bit sceptical at first, but they were sewing/patchwork, and making book bags.  I'm not really into sewing, but I made a start on a book bag, picked out some purple fabrics.  I had an idea of doing purple and orange, as I was inspired by lava lamps and Spacehoppers, as they came up on another forum.  I thought lots of orange would be too "in your face" , so I'll accentuate bag with orange decorations.

As far as my interests go I prefer, things that involve drilling, screwing or banging in nails. Or music, or things that whizz, explode, flash or bang, or indeed things that travel at speed with BIG engines POWEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!! (I don't like supercars, too posey and flash).
Oh yes at mind there's discussion groups, other activities, I think I'm the sort of person who enjoys the type of art where i can get my hands dirty. They also do various fitness activities, I've thought i'd like to give kick boxing a try, as that's new  to me     :cool: , and Ill get fitter.   Bloody fool that I am, I challenged my boyfriend to a game of paintball :cool: , however being ex army he's fired more guns than me , and also knows about camoflage, , and how to take me by surprise.

Jim good luck with your female friend, 36 and 48, I don't think age matters too much in a relationship.  I know the only criteria for me is not old enough to be my dad or my son, love is love. Personally i  prefer a slightly older man, say up to 10 or 15 years.  There's about 12 years difference between me and my fella.

--------------
I'm going slightly mad,
It finally happened, I'm slightly mad , just very slightly mad

If you feel a little glum to Hergest Ridge you should come.

I'm challenging  taboos surrounding mental health

"Part time hippy"

I'M SUPPORTING OUR SOLDIERS

BRING OUR TROOPS HOME NOW!!
Profile PM 
57 replies since July 07 2009, 12:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net