Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: bored, what shall I do!< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Silver Negus Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 07 2009, 12:25

I'm so bored any ideas for what I should do freinds?  I've finished my course so bored bored bored. 'Yawn' :/
Profile PM 
Unregistered

Posted: July 07 2009, 13:22

Go to sleep.
Tomorrow is another bad day ahead of you    :D  :laugh:
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 13:25

Quote (prisoner.of.the.dark.sky @ July 07 2009, 13:22)
Go to sleep.
Tomorrow is another bad day ahead of you    :D  :laugh:

:laugh:  thanks! love you for that one!
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 13:39

Well you could always come over and help me entertain Eddy. Or play dominoes. But given your location I find that unlikely, however ex member 419 and at least one other here bought guitars(not the MO CD, an instrument) recently with positive results. You could take up microbiology and biotechnology and help fight the H1N1 flu. You could download some cool tower defense or shooter games or just play them online. I like Zombie Horde 3, but I beat it already(many times). Take on Canyon Defense, there's a goodie. Sell your unwanted goods on Ebay and get half what you hoped for. Uhh...write to people in prison. Get the Vangelis collection and write on the "What are you listening to" thread. Figure out why everybody ignored my nice offer on the "Tubular Bells F%^& up LP thread"......can't say I blame them, that's hard cash they paid for that thang. Me? I see that vinyl is in such little demand since 20 years ago quality control was gonna suffer. Get a little doggie like Eddy. Take up archery, there's a cool hobby! I thought about(when I was in a house with a back yard), taking thick plywood and making a practice range, never did tho. Become a file pirate. Do you drink? If not, do it in moderation and start with beer. Do you drive? Learn up on auto mechanics and start doing your own oil changes, etc. Got a motorcycle? Hey, great fun, but don't buy one made in China! Honda, Yamaha OK. I'm a very bored guy right now but I've got a real delimma. I've had a student added to my summer agenda who is blind and deaf. But he also is "agitated" and hits, headbangs, kicks, etc. So....another staff was added to watch him on my shift. I no longer have the dorm to myself. Who other than the most absolutely beautiful woman I ever saw on this campus? I'm 48, too old for this, 20+ years older than her, have a job with GREAT benefits and can't lose this job at my age. I look, but do so with extreme caution. It is pure joy to be around her, her voice is so sweet, her manner so sweet. Even 10 years ago at 38YO I would say "damn the torpedoes full speed ahead". But at 48, I have Eddy to take care of, he's my only companion. It takes money to pay for a roof and chew toys, let alone my needs. How do I spend the next week, maybe 2 weeks with the most beautiful woman I ever saw and shut my eyes and mouth and stay FOCUSED? A true challenge. We had a 15 minute conversation on my side of the dorm on nice furniture. For 15 minutes I felt 28(about her age). This is gonna be a trial, a test. Bored now Maria? I'm actually pretty worried. I must curb my past, even kill it. Damn(or bless) the luck. For the first time in years I'm close to someone I must avoid but feel bliss being near her. Bored now? I better go to bed.
Jimbo

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 13:47

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 07 2009, 13:39)
Well you could always come over and help me entertain Eddy. Or play dominoes. But given your location I find that unlikely, however ex member 419 and at least one other here bought guitars(not the MO CD, an instrument) recently with positive results. You could take up microbiology and biotechnology and help fight the H1N1 flu. You could download some cool tower defense or shooter games or just play them online. I like Zombie Horde 3, but I beat it already(many times). Take on Canyon Defense, there's a goodie. Sell your unwanted goods on Ebay and get half what you hoped for. Uhh...write to people in prison. Get the Vangelis collection and write on the "What are you listening to" thread. Figure out why everybody ignored my nice offer on the "Tubular Bells F%^& up LP thread"......can't say I blame them, that's hard cash they paid for that thang. Me? I see that vinyl is in such little demand since 20 years ago quality control was gonna suffer. Get a little doggie like Eddy. Take up archery, there's a cool hobby! I thought about(when I was in a house with a back yard), taking thick plywood and making a practice range, never did tho. Become a file pirate. Do you drink? If not, do it in moderation and start with beer. Do you drive? Learn up on auto mechanics and start doing your own oil changes, etc. Got a motorcycle? Hey, great fun, but don't buy one made in China! Honda, Yamaha OK. I'm a very bored guy right now but I've got a real delimma. I've had a student added to my summer agenda who is blind and deaf. But he also is "agitated" and hits, headbangs, kicks, etc. So....another staff was added to watch him on my shift. I no longer have the dorm to myself. Who other than the most absolutely beautiful woman I ever saw on this campus? I'm 48, too old for this, 20+ years older than her, have a job with GREAT benefits and can't lose this job at my age. I look, but do so with extreme caution. It is pure joy to be around her, her voice is so sweet, her manner so sweet. Even 10 years ago at 38YO I would say "damn the torpedoes full speed ahead". But at 48, I have Eddy to take care of, he's my only companion. It takes money to pay for a roof and chew toys, let alone my needs. How do I spend the next week, maybe 2 weeks with the most beautiful woman I ever saw and shut my eyes and mouth and stay FOCUSED? A true challenge. We had a 15 minute conversation on my side of the dorm on nice furniture. For 15 minutes I felt 28(about her age). This is gonna be a trial, a test. Bored now Maria? I'm actually pretty worried. I must curb my past, even kill it. Damn(or bless) the luck. For the first time in years I'm close to someone I must avoid but feel bliss being near her. Bored now? I better go to bed.
Jimbo

respect! does your brain ever rest. :laugh:
Well I did playfully try and hide somebody's keys today but it didn't work for long, although people laughed.  I must try not to be bored and turn into a cheeky little faerie.

Well what can I do, maybe I should write a story!

maybe I could write about your unrequited love, heavens don't I know what that's like, especially when it's your own tutor.  Now that's hurtfull. Boundaries boundaries boundaries eh.  Atleast you know i'm not all sweet an innocent now. heehee.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 14:18

I'm serious Silver....I have a problem! I'm so happy to have her there, but also wish she was gone! She is so attractive in every way, it's going to take every scrap of logic and self discipline to get thru this. I'm sure I will.....I'm not stupid. Maybe I should just enjoy the time then it ends.....and life goes on. But I'll be left with a memory I will never shake off. Don't ever get old Silver....It's a bitch.
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 14:22

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 07 2009, 14:18)
I'm serious Silver....I have a problem! I'm so happy to have her there, but also wish she was gone! She is so attractive in every way, it's going to take every scrap of logic and self discipline to get thru this. I'm sure I will.....I'm not stupid. Maybe I should just enjoy the time then it ends.....and life goes on. But I'll be left with a memory I will never shake off. Don't ever get old Silver....It's a bitch.
Jim

okay so you've established you find it hard to communicate with her basically because you really like her.  I think you are frightened of rejection but hey hun we are all like that to some degree.  Why don't you find out for yourself just ask her out for a meal. Be cool about it though.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 14:55

Oh no, I am not frghtened "of her". It's losing my job I'm frightened of(frightened of my idiocy). Due to my stupidity of possibly asking such fool questions as "will you go out with me?" She is young(not that young, I'd say 25 to 28) but oh so beautiful. She will have many prospects. I must survive so that Eddy must survive. This may be a MO fan site, but since so much of his music is about emotion and romance this story is very relevant. I know nothing of this jewel of a woman. A gem. I must keep my proffesional distance. I only know I want to savor every moment but carefully keep my wording and manner serious. Whatever happens I will never forget the summer of 2009. I'm too old to forget how to be serious......I hope....Pray for me......a funny prayer...."Oh God please don't let Jim do something stupid to lose his job over a beautiful woman in the workplace and please watch over Eddy".

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 21:12

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 07 2009, 14:39)
You could take up microbiology and biotechnology and help fight the H1N1 flu.

That's what I wanna do for a living...and I'm currently working on it,to pursue a career in biotech.First step will be my MSc Biotech,hope that everything turns out fine and I can start it later this year...fingers crossed.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
ex member 419 Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 21:31

Come to Tassie and work with me in Criminology, never a dull moment. Have a top day, put your feet up and relax, you will be busy again soon, congratulations on finishing your course :)
Profile PM 
Tati The Sentinel Offline

Posted: July 07 2009, 21:38

Try to travel to somewhere you haven't been before,and think about everything that has happened to you,your personal achievements and at the end,try to answer " what would you like to do in the future?".

I did myself once and it did help me a lot.

--------------
"But it's always the outsider, the black sheep, that becomes the blockbuster." - Mike Oldfield, 2014

"I remember feeling that I'd been judged unfairly and that I was going to prove them wrong." - Peter Davison, 2011
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 10:55

Hello. The woman I mentioned above says she likes classical music. I have therefore decided to acquaint her with MOTS hopefully leading to an interest in MO works in general. So Silver, you still bored? How's that flu vaccine coming?
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Silver Negus Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 12:10

Quote (Scatterplot @ July 08 2009, 10:55)
Hello. The woman I mentioned above says she likes classical music. I have therefore decided to acquaint her with MOTS hopefully leading to an interest in MO works in general. So Silver, you still bored? How's that flu vaccine coming?
Jim

well i'm not as bored as I was.  I got my results back for my editing and camerawork on the media course, and I got Merits so I'm really happy.  The irony is that at the 'showing' of our pieces two students were highly over critical of my work, and I knew they were going too far in their manner, but my marks were really good and good considering I took on the project by myself to see what my abilities were and what I could improve.  Eventually I want to produce my own videos and get into music video producing and editing.  

I'm good with the cutting and splicing and timing concerning putting the clips together, and also experimenting with camera shots and effects but I'm really bad at exporting sound and sorting out sound levels etc, I'm not too good on sorting lighting issues out either. Perhaps because I find these things boring.

I'm getting some work experience in podcasts at a local  radio station so I'm not too bored now.  Now that I know what my potential is I'm going to shoot some footage and edit over the summer.  I just love it!

I'm glad you've found some common ground with your lady freind.  Why is it crossing boundary if you work with her and date her?  Surely you are allowed to date.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 15:12

Silver, I'm glad you asked that. By the way I can tell from your posts on what you do, that you are the goods, and will achieve what you're striving for. I sense self confidence in you RE what you do, even if in the past you sounded kind of fearful. Good work!
    RE: Ann, that is her name. I took my dominoes set to work and we played ALL NIGHT. We conversed so much we forgot to take score much of the time. We both remarked "I can't believe we're getting paid for this!" It was really a date, not a night of work. I call her Sheherazade inwardly because I am so captivated by her, and her tales.....so many, I had many to tell too. Turns out she is 36. I told her I had her pegged for 26(she was quite flattered). She is not married. I dont think we could end up as "intimate". She speaks a lot of God and how everything is predestined. I am not an Athiest but I do not believe our lives are "predestined", more our lives are choices(right or wrong) or random chance. I'm not religious at all really as I've said long ago. Yet I feel "Blessed" just by having been near her for this time, so intimate on that level. It goes without saying I can't take my eyes off her(trying to be discrete). Am I in love with her? From my own perspective, YES. But I won't pursue this, I cant. It was a wonderful night -in a workplace- which was better than a thousand "dates" I had long ago in the home, most of them dull. She will be gone soon, but in the morning we both went together to the "college business center" where I had to register for a course, and I introduced her to the Nurse connection she needed to pursue vocational interests(a nurse I met 17 years ago and suggested to her 15 years ago she should teach, hence her position now at the college). Ann says she will bring a chess set tonight. The only thing that worries me is gossip. We have done nothing(so far). But gossip can ruin a job. We swapped phone numbers(at her request....a good sign-I think it's best to wait for her to ask that). Well Silver, that's it. I am happy.....today. Happier than I've been in years. Am I dumb enough to think my dreams are come true? NO. I shared this with you because your interested. Simple and pure. This is a rare(truth be told) story. You Tubes are dear to me. Do I care for Ann? You bet I do! Will I ever forget her? No. Mike, if your reading this shit, you need to start your next song dude. Or a one hour work. ("Old man meets moderately younger woman in the workplace. Graveyard shift no less! A fine premise for an emotional piece.) A good place to start: Google "My Pretty Princess" by Loggins and Messina, an album "Native Son" circa 1977. Chess tonight Tubes! I'm nervous, but I can't wait!
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Sir Mustapha Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 08 2009, 15:27

Jim, just keep it cool, it will work out right. It's funny for you to tell about that this time of the year, because it's been exactly one year ago since I started to become utterly entranced by a young lady who used to work in this building. What a weird time that was; only for that experience alone I can say I relate to what you're saying.

As of now? She works one block away from me, and next Monday we'll be celebrating our first year together. It's amazing, but some things just seem to work out like magic at times -- like all the planets align, or something, and make everything go perfectly right, like clockwork. In those situations, you just gotta give credit to your feeling, to your instinct. As methodic and rational as I used to be, and still am, for that one time I decided to just let my emotion take over... and it worked. It just happens like that, I can't explain. ;)

Keep it cool. :)

--------------
Check out http://ferniecanto.com.br for all my music, including my latest albums: Don't Stay in the City, Making Amends and Builders of Worlds.
Also check my Bandcamp page: http://ferniecanto.bandcamp.com
Profile PM WEB 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 08 2009, 23:01

Off to work now.......or play?
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 09 2009, 18:37

@ Silver--sounds like things are perking along very nicely! Yay! Wish you were here to help us with our podcasts (my library council is just getting into that).

@Scatterplot--stop it already with the age thing! ;) 48 isn't old. It just isn't. So much is still possible. And....it's the youngest that you'll ever be again. Even if she had turned out to be 20 years younger, so what? The only issue I saw is that she is a co-worker, but she'll not even be that for much longer. And you live in the same community, right?

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 09 2009, 20:49

Turns out she's 36. Just hot as heck, looking 26. I'm a little paranoid cuz we played dominoes all night again, then at 6AM this guy who comes in to work with the troubled kid saw her walk away from my side of the dorm(where we were playing dominoes). He make a remark that we later in the parking lot agreed pissed us both off. "What are you doing over there? I thought that was his side of the dorm". As if we're supposed to stay in our seperate corners. This is how gossip starts and jobs are lost. I came home and went to sleep, my nocturnal dominoes and conversing has kind of drained me.
    There is a problem with being with really hot women, the security guy and the night supervisor guy come by and just drip all over the floor talking to her. She has that affect on everyone I suppose. Past experience has told me what is written inside the famous Jethro Tull "Thick as a Brick" is true: "I'm geared toward the average rather than the exceptional". That is true. Life is simpler and safer that way. I'll go back tonight curious about rumors, etc. and settle back into my old routine. I need to stop this. Finding a job is hard these days and I've got a good one. But my eyes now have a sweet tooth....hence the term "eye candy". But she was incredibly intellectual. References to Tolstoy and other books I only looked at because they were required reading(never for fun, ugh). She read stuff for pleasure that others buy cliff notes to pass the exam. If what she said was true. I never take anyone at face value. Well.....time to get ready for work.....
Jim

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
Inkanta Offline

Group: Admins
Posted: July 09 2009, 23:18

I learned a long time ago that it's not enough to avoid evil, but one must also avoid the appearance of evil. Kinda sucks like that. Isn't she working there just on a temporary basis? Once she leaves, wouldn't you be able to date her without risk to your job?   I've never come across anyone fibbing about reading Tolstoy and the other classics (except a couple fellow students, hahaha), so I'd believe her. Try not to hold her good looks against her. Maybe you were initially drawn in by her looks, but it sounds like it's much more than that. And...you already have stuff in common--chess, dominoes. So...after she leaves the job, you can always continue on with those, no?  :)  Like Sir M says, keep it cool--you never know where things will lead.

--------------
"No such thing as destiny; only choices exist." From:  Moongarden's "Solaris."
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: July 10 2009, 02:39

Yes, I suppose I could do anything I want after that......perhaps, one day......

--------------
Crying to heaven
Profile PM 
57 replies since July 07 2009, 12:25 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < [1] 2 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net