Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Bootleg (the dog!) sighting< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
larstangmark Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 04:13

Around the four minute mark of this video there is footage of Bootleg the irish wolfhound taking Viv Stanshall for a walk outside the Manor. There are also shots of Viv recording at the manor in 1974!
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 04:51

Thanks for that Lars.Looks like Viv and Bootleg were getting on pretty well there.Great to see footage of Viv recording his Lakonga/Baba Tunde single.Around the same time period Stanshall recorded his first solo album Men Opening Umbrellas Ahead which featured Steve Winwood & Ric Grech amongst others.Aside from his Sir Henry Rawlinson stuff,Viv only ever released two albums of "songs" .And it`s nothing short of criminal imo that this album Men Opening Umbrellas has still to be released on cd.Although there is a long running petition calling for it`s release which can be found      here

Although I do have a pretty rough download copy of the original album.Years ago I once saw a copy of the album in a 2nd hand shop going for £2:50,and at the time I foolishly decided to buy something else.It often sells for £100 and over these days.    :/
Profile PM 
larstangmark Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 04:58

As a Stanshall fan I suppose you might find these links interesting;

http://www.therawlinsonendudioarchive.blogspot.com/
http://www.shuttleworths.co.uk/sirhenry/moua.html

At least they were new to me. It's been a few years since I googled him last time.
Lars T

--------------
"There are twelve people in the world, the rest are paste"
Mark E Smith
Profile PM WEB 
Dirk Star Offline

Posted: Dec. 16 2009, 06:37

Great stuff Lars,thanks a lot.The John Shuttleworth site was actualy were I downloaded Men Opening Umbrellas some time ago now.But that first link you put up there was completely new to me,looks like a Stanshall treasure trove.    :)
Profile PM 
3 replies since Dec. 16 2009, 04:13 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net