[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Blue Saloon Tab< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
warlock Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Sep. 03 2008, 06:04

Cheers everyone.

[i'm reworking some parts, be patient]

I've decided to post this on a forum, playing Blue Saloon from a .txt file would be much more difficult.

I'm not 100% sure if this tabulature is correct but as far as i trust my ears i find it one of the most accurate I've seen so far. It's only the "smooth" guitar part without the short distortion solo at the end, but i hope I'll manage to tab it completely soon.

Feel free to comment ;)

/By the way - a little offtopic, but kinda related thing - maybe someone will find it useful. I have pretty amateur guitar set (Squier Affinity Strat + Fender Frontman 15G) and it's quite hard  to get silmilar sound to Mike's without using external effects. Anyway, because Fender Pack is quite popular here's the setting i use to play Blue Saloon and Sentinel (and solo from Shine On You Crazy Diamond, the setting still applies to that ;]).

Amp:
Treble: 0
Middle: 10
Bass: 10

Guitar:
Tone1: 0
Tone2: 10
Position: the closest to the guitar neck or the one before last (which I prefer)

This should give you the most smooth and "blue" (if you like ;))  sound you can get on this equipment.

--------------
cheers from Poland.
Profile PM 
0 replies since Sep. 03 2008, 06:04 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net