Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Blue & red incantations lps at the very least?, Can't find them anymore =(< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Fredde Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 24 2009, 18:16

I have found these earlier... it was on a collector's site, but I can't seem to find them now. Anyone know where i can find an image of them, at the very least?

Edit: well, looks like the title messed up somehow. It should be "Blue & red incantations lps".
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2009, 02:07

here is picture

--------------
-TB Limited ultimate edition 2009 (still sealed)
-Hergest Ridge Limited 2010 #017
-Ommadawn Limited 2010 #065
-Incantations Limited 2011 #003
-Platinum Limited 2012 #316
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
-Opening Ceremony London 2012 #61
-Five Miles Out 2013 Limited LP #116
-Crises 2013 Limited LP #259
Profile PM 
Fredde Offline

Posted: Nov. 25 2009, 09:11

Oh, cool.

So... fabolous... *drool* o_o
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2009, 16:50

heh its kinda odd coincidence you made this thread because next day (25th) there appear one copy for sale.

--------------
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
Profile PM 
Ugo Offline

Posted: Nov. 26 2009, 17:48

Quote (Hifiguru @ Nov. 26 2009, 22:50)
heh its kinda odd coincidence you made this thread because next day (25th) there appear one copy for sale.

Sorry to be asking you this, hifiguru... but where did this copy appear for sale?? I gave a quick look at ebay.com, no blue & red vinyls anywhere. So where it is? I want it!! :D But I'm not going to pay more than 1000 € for it....

--------------
Ugo C. - a devoted Amarokian
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2009, 05:14

I sold one of the coloured vinyl Incantations in eBay many years ago for a bit over US$600, could have been 2000 or 2001. The winner was a collector from Japan. I also swapped another set with a collector from Germany sometime before that.

I had found both of them from local second hand record stores here in Finland, so I wouldn't be surprised, if this was specifically made for this market (or at least Nordic markets)(?). This is just a speculation, though... in 1990s when I swapped the first copy to a huge collector in Germany, even he hadn't ever heard about the coloured vinyl edition by then. That's why I think it might have been purely local edition here.

edit: just checked... it was on April 2000 when I sold the second copy on eBay (got feedback from transaction on April 20th)
Profile PM 
Fredde Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2009, 11:36

How many of these were made? Or is it even possible to guess that?
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2009, 12:22

I have absolutely no idea. As far as I know, this edition was never advertised at all as any "special coloured vinyl limited edition" etc... maybe Virgin just had some extra coloured vinyl to use for pressings  :)  Or they planned some special edition but withdrew from it after some amount of albums were pressed... who knows. The covers don't differ at ALL from the regular UK pressing from 1978.

If someone put a gun on my head and forced me to take a guess, I would say a couple of thousand at most.
Profile PM 
Hifiguru Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2009, 13:34

It was sold here in record stores when incantations was released...cover and matrix is exactly same as in uk press black vinyls.

Rumor i heard about this is that it was supposed to be promo press ment to Germany but accidentaly came to Finland...why would they had pressed in UK this special version just for Finnish market when Germany and Spain had largest fan bases so it might be true that it was loaded to wrong ship and landed to Finland instead.
If it was for scandinavian market only there would be NCB logo somewhere in label but its pure UK press.

Almost as hard to find from here is Finnish press of Moonlight shadow 7" single...i finally have one with picture sleeve but still looking better copy.

--------------
-QE2 Limited 2012 #112
Profile PM 
Mix Offline

Posted: Nov. 27 2009, 14:34

Quote (Hifiguru @ Nov. 27 2009, 20:34)
It was sold here in record stores when incantations was released...

"here" being... are you from Finland? It would be interesting to know that this was being sold in shops elsewhere. It would be a severe blow to my theory of this being a Nordic speciality...  ;)

The rumour you have heard sounds plausible to me. Would be strange if this was directed solely for Finnish markets. BUT as this was never advertised, it could be headed for anywhere - as if the coloured vinyl had been used for no particular reason. Although... it would be interesting to know when this rumour has started. I can reveal that the first copy I swapped, was to the editor of German "Hiawatha"-fanzine (R.W.), and he had never heard about the coloured vinyl edition before that. Maybe the German connection (of the rumour) started from that?

Anyway, I also would be very interested to hear if anyone has any facts of how many copies might have been produced of this.
Profile PM 
Scatterplot Offline

Posted: Nov. 28 2009, 00:17

As a result of this thread, I messed around on Ebay, a place I've tried to avoid for a year. Nope, no colored.....amend that, the politically correct term is "records of Color".....as with clothing, you do NOT EVER say "I'm seperating my white and colored clothes"...."Clothes of Color". Remember that. This advice  could save your life, or at least a broken nose. No Incantations of color. But I found a TB1 picture disc. Better go get it!!! While you can.
Jim

--------------
We raise our voices in the night
Crying to heaven
And will our voices be heard
Or will they break Like the wind
Profile PM 
10 replies since Nov. 24 2009, 18:16 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net