Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Blonde Telecaster., My search for the TB1 Tele...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Ray Offline

Group: Members
Posted: May 27 2008, 23:10

Quote (AudioDuck @ May 27 2008, 22:44)
I say that we buy the lot and found a MO museum.

Guitarists get to come along and play the instruments.

I think we have done almost that....MITR has Three, I have at least 3 (!!  MITR hasnt worked out which other ones yet so I won't give too much away!!;)

I know where the other important ones are and they are not very far away.

Personally i'm just going for the complete set from the back cover of the original tubular bells album cover (Hee Hee!!;)

If anyone wants to play them then it just take a short trip to Scotland!

R

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Looking out over the harbour in Peel.......
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 01:33

Quote (Ray @ May 27 2008, 23:04)
I then offered to buy it again but have not been replied to.  That was some time ago - I guess they (Mr Oldfield's Management Team) don't like me any more.

I still like you, Ray, even if you are guitar-greedy.  :p

Quote (AudioDuck @ May 27 2008, 17:44)

We'll base it in that guest house at Hergest Ridge...

If that's where the MO museum is going to be, then that's where the MO commune should be, also, I think.

Looking at those SG ("as used on Ommadawn") pics, especially this one, I feel almost pervy with how much I'd like to touch it. Is this, perhaps, the 'Holy Grail' of MO artifacts?

(PS: I had attempted to post the above while logged out and got the "go back" prompt, which imediatelt brought to mind the voice in the Tr3s Lunas game. Kinda scary, it was.)

(PPS: I menat to say "immediately" not "imediatelt".)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
AudioDuck Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 04:23

Quote (Ray @ May 27 2008, 23:04)
[quote=manintherain,May 27 2008, 22:39After me that is!  MITR

It is not worth much as a genuine Telecaster as Mike and his dad "fitted " a new extra pickup when he was about 14.  So trade buyers won't touch it.

Ray

Agreed. A run-of-the-mill Tele with a moody pickup installation, even a '61 would only cost £700 or £800.

It's the history we're after. Like Napoleonic wine that you couldn't actually drink, the point is that the object has been there. Made history. Evoked emotions. But you all know this !

--------------
www.mmguitars.co.uk
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 12:36

Quote (Sweetpea @ May 28 2008, 06:33)
Looking at those SG ("as used on Ommadawn") pics, especially this one, I feel almost pervy with how much I'd like to touch it. Is this, perhaps, the 'Holy Grail' of MO artifacts?

Hey Thanks!  You know (percieve?) too much!!  - I'm actually going to a guitar shop at lunchtime in search for an original version of the "Holy Grail" Guitar, although not MO' pre-owned.

And if Mr Oldfield had lived in Scotland Ommadawan would have been 4 albums long - as there is nothing else to do in the mountains - well apart from the obvious......ahem....moving on... The mountains are all 4 times bigger - so I presume the album would have been.

I'm happy to donate space on my Studio wall for any stray MO guitars.  In fact any stray or unwanted guitars.  The tatti'er the better.

Ray   :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 12:52

The tattiest guitar i own is my first.An early 70's Satalite LP copy called Katy.When Japanese really menat crap!But i love her dearly and she makes a wonderfull slide guitar.

--------------
THE COMING OF THE GREAT WHITE HANDKERCHEIF IS NIGH.
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Group: Members.
Posted: May 28 2008, 13:11

Quote (Ray @ May 28 2008, 05:10)
Quote (AudioDuck @ May 27 2008, 22:44)

I think we have done almost that....MITR has Three, I have at least 3 (!!  MITR hasnt worked out which other ones yet so I won't give too much away!!;)

I know where the other important ones are and they are not very far away.

Sorry to disappoint you, but there are only two!  :(

The other one is a Yamaha which was bought in 1975 and in fact belongs to my brother. But it´s very playable.

Looks like the other instruments are spread over Scotland, England, Germany, Spain and Switzerland.

;)
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 13:13

Quote (Ray @ May 28 2008, 05:04)
Quote (manintherain @ May 27 2008, 22:39)
Quote (AudioDuck @ May 27 2008, 23:36)
If this guitar EVER comes up for sale again please let me know.

Sorry, but you just have to wait in line.

I am the next one!

:p

After me that is!  MITR

You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first!

:D
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 14:15

I am Mr Y

I can see there are a lot of people who are interested in my SG. That's well!

I don't know who is the first. I am a friend of Ray and a friend of manintherain too. I know neither AudioDuck nor Caveman, but perhaps they have a lot of money  :D

I suggest a game of squash. Everyone plays against me and the one who wins, will be the next owner.

:)

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
manintherain Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 15:05

How about a bicycle race instead?

;)
Profile PM 
AudioDuck Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 15:25

Quote (yanouch65 @ May 28 2008, 14:15)
I don't know who is the first. I am a friend of Ray and a friend of manintherain too. I know neither AudioDuck nor Caveman, but perhaps they have a lot of money  :D

Hmmm...

I can see that introductions are in order.

My real name is Matt and I'm a long-term devotee of MO (especially Ommadawn) and the guitar tones that he produces.

Officially I'm a computer fixing bod. In the real world I dream about and build guitars. See: www.mmguitars.co.uk

I'm based in a small village a couple of miles west of Glastonbury, Somerset.

My big dream? Taking a photograph of Mike playing one of my guitars.

Mike, if you want a guitar, it's yours!

--------------
www.mmguitars.co.uk
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 28 2008, 20:49

there are three sg's.

A lady in london has one my Y has the other but who has the original!!!!

Perhaps it is the one my brother bought from a chap in Hereford where we used to live in 1973 to 76. He is 10 yrs older than me so was 21 at the time and worked in Knighton.  He didn't steal it though.

Serial number would be nice to know - just to check I don't have stolen property!

R

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 08:21

I guess you know my real name's Dan Fear (yes that's my real surname.The full name's D J Fear...i could make a fortune as a DJ...if i knew a thing about it!;) and that my preference is for the older Mike stuff.I'm based in Banbury,about 25 miles from Oxford and about 20 from the Manor.That's the intro over.
Unfortunatley Yanouch i'm not a rich man.I so wish i was.My dream is to have Gibson build me an exact replica of the very guitar you own (your's is THE Ommadawn guitar yes?).So when i become stinking filthy rich with my band (4 gigs down and another 7 later this summer....not that a folk band ever got really rich)can the men from the Gibson Custom Shop come and take all the measurements from it please?I can dream can't i? :)
 Failing the SG any one of Mike's guitars would be cool.But i haven't the money to but any so all donations gratefully recieved. :laugh:

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 09:35

Quote (The Caveman @ May 29 2008, 13:21)
Unfortunatley Yanouch i'm not a rich man.I so wish i was.My dream is to have Gibson build me an exact replica of the very guitar you own (your's is THE Ommadawn guitar yes?).So when i become stinking filthy rich with my band (4 gigs down and another 7 later this summer....not that a folk band ever got really rich)can the men from the Gibson Custom Shop come and take all the measurements from it please?I can dream can't i? :)

Dan,

There were several Guitars used on Ommadawn.  The Gibson Les Paul Junior TV was also used.  I have a signed certificate from Mr Oldfield saying so.  So you are going to have to save up a lot more now as you will need two guitars made  :D  :D

Also - Ommadawn was started with the 1963 SG that was stolen from The Beacon.  It was replaced with a 1961 SG Which Mr Y has.

Ray

--------------
Profile PM 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 09:37

Quote (yanouch65 @ May 28 2008, 19:15)
I am Mr Y

I can see there are a lot of people who are interested in my SG.
I know neither AudioDuck nor Caveman, but perhaps they have a lot of money  :D

I suggest a game of squash. Everyone plays against me and the one who wins, will be the next owner.

Don't listen to him - he is joking  - he will never sell his SG.  And what ever you do DO NOT play him at Squash  ;)  ;)

Ray  :cool:

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 10:09

In a word....BUGGER!
 That's 2 for the Custom Shop.I forgot about the nicked one as well.And yep i read an aricle and he mentioned the little TV Junior,Who's got that one?It's someone here isn't it?Start saving now i guess. :/

--------------
Profile PM 
clotty Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 11:00

...and no staples in that picture either!!  ;)

--------------
Clotty
Profile PM WEB 
Ray Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 11:41

Quote (The Caveman @ May 29 2008, 15:09)
In a word....BUGGER!
 That's 2 for the Custom Shop.I forgot about the nicked one as well.And yep i read an aricle and he mentioned the little TV Junior,Who's got that one?It's someone here isn't it?Start saving now i guess. :/

That will be Me!!

R    :D  :D  :D

Like i said - just a short trip to Scotland and you can play it and the others.

--------------
Profile PM 
The Caveman Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 11:55

tempting mate,very tempting.Long  way to Sctoland from here but definately would love to have a play on them.
 Mike desribed it as being a bit tatty but his favoutite guitar in,i think,the early 80's.I love  Gibson's junior guitars.Really 'friendly' and inviting to play.If you understand what i mean by 'friendly' ;)

--------------
Profile PM 
yanouch65 Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 13:44

Ray played my Gibson one year ago and he falled in love with it.

I want to see his guitars now. Maybe I am going to fall in love with them!

Who knows...

--------------
Ray said : "it is a shame you don't play"

manintherain said: "You´d better ask Mr. Y who was first"

yanouch65 says: "I am in love with Scotland"
Profile PM 
AudioDuck Offline

Posted: May 29 2008, 14:48

Ray,

What's that acoustic in your avatar pic?

Zemaitis?

--------------
www.mmguitars.co.uk
Profile PM 
55 replies since May 25 2008, 06:30 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 [2] 3 >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net