[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Blackbird< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
nightspore Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Nov. 28 2008, 05:45

Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 28 2008, 04:03)
It really is quite beautiful, isn't it? Heartbreaking, even.

Yes, I'd say "heartbreaking" expresses it in a nutshell. What makes it even more poignant is that even when you think the piece is over, and there's just silence and nothingness, the grievous melody comes back again, as if to say "this never ends".  The bird may be beautiful, but it's a black bird.
Profile PM 
Sweetpea Offline

Posted: Dec. 04 2008, 17:42

Quote (nightspore @ Nov. 28 2008, 05:45)
Quote (Sweetpea @ Nov. 28 2008, 04:03)
It really is quite beautiful, isn't it? Heartbreaking, even.

Yes, I'd say "heartbreaking" expresses it in a nutshell. What makes it even more poignant is that even when you think the piece is over, and there's just silence and nothingness, the grievous melody comes back again, as if to say "this never ends".  The bird may be beautiful, but it's a black bird.

Nicely said, nightspore. But now we've made "Blackbird" sound like an utterly depressing piece of music!

(PS: *LOL @ Matt* How can I resist all those interesting comments from the depths of time?? *coughs up a dust bunny*)

--------------
"I'm no physicist, but technically couldn't Mike both be with the horse and be flying through space at the same time? (On account of the earth's orbit around the Sun and all that). So it seems he never had to make the choice after all. I bet he's kicking himself now." - clotty
Profile PM 
nightspore Offline

Posted: Dec. 05 2008, 05:09

Quote (Sweetpea @ Dec. 04 2008, 17:42)
bird.[/quote]
Nicely said, nightspore. But now we've made "Blackbird" sound like an utterly depressing piece of music!

Thanks, Sweetpea. I think it's consoling rather than depressing: to those who have been subject to some harrowing experience, it says "Take comfort. Existence is always like that."
Profile PM 
Fred Offline

Posted: Dec. 21 2008, 03:17

Quote (nightspore @ Dec. 05 2008, 05:09)

Thanks, Sweetpea. I think it's consoling rather than depressing: to those who have been subject to some harrowing experience, it says "Take comfort. Existence is always like that."

Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."

--Fred

--------------
[A]t some point it always occurs to [artists]... that they can do this one thing for the rest of their lives, they can be successful to the outside world but not... to themselves.  That's the moment an artist decides who he or she is. If they keep on risking failure, they're still artists. ~ S.Jobs
Profile PM 
43 replies since Oct. 16 2005, 15:53 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Pages: (3) < 1 2 [3] >

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net