Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Best site for putting your music up?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ian Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 13:54

Can anyone advise-as there are so many-which is the best, free site to host my tracks as I wabt to share some with this community for feedback.

Thanks.

Ian.
Profile PM WEB 
BOOsTER Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 14:07

there's many companies that if you register your own domain through them give you free space for the domain too...actually it's the best idea...because it's mostly quite well done with the support...

anyway...the best server is your server...which isn't free but pays for itself fast :)

--------------
http://www.djbooster.net
Profile PM 
The Bell(end) Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 15:09

www.soundclick.com

rather good I'd say! :cool:

--------------
When the night's on fi-ya, do you need love's arms to hold yew? :D
Profile PM 
ian Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 15:51

just somewhere temporary where I can upload these tracks for you good people to listen to. I don't want to get signed up with some MP3 site just yet. My Wanadoo account doesn't give me any option for doing this.
Profile PM WEB 
maria Offline

Posted: Mar. 27 2006, 17:20

hi ian,
what do u need? a ftp? if so, i could ask my collegue if he minds u use temporarily ours. we've got a website for our academy and afaik there's room there. always if he doesn't mind because we share it, i can't decide just by myself, but if it's ok for him, u can place your music there if u don't find any other better option.

i've always found your music interesting, 'streaming' caught me, it's got something sweet but bitter that i like very much. and eternity is all wings :)
so, i think it would be great to bring your tracks up to the surface.

--------------
...morning and evening i'm flying, i'm dreaming...
Profile PM WEB 
ian Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2006, 12:48

Hi Maria, thats very kind of you. If I don't get sorted I will take you up on it.

Its good that you remember my music as I find I draw on my own emotions when recording. I have not done too much since then as time as well as the depression I get in the winter months but I have knocked out a few tracks of late which I would like to air. Their not finished mind.
Profile PM WEB 
hiawatha Offline

Posted: Mar. 28 2006, 14:07

I stay away from Soundclick. It seems that you can't get actual downloads without signing up for their spam service.

http://news.dmusic.com/article/12144

--------------
"In the land of the Dacotahs,
Where the Falls of Minnehaha
Flash and gleam among the oak-trees,
Laugh and leap into the valley."
- Song of Hiawatha
Profile PM 
Morti Offline

Posted: April 03 2006, 18:04

I'll be willing to give small hosting to anyone on this board for free. It's reliable and perfectly fine for sharing a few tracks temporarily. Let's say... 15MB free webspace, including PHP, FTP, shell access, IMAP email account and unlimited traffic within reason. It's on a box running Debian GNU/Linux hosted at a data centre in London.

I can also offer various other hosting plans (whatever you're after, usually) but I'm afraid I have to charge for them.

Drop me an email if you're interested.

--------------
The ear worm became the synonym for the commercial side of MIKE OLDFIELD.
Profile PM WEB 
7 replies since Mar. 27 2006, 13:54 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net