Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: best guitar effects pedal?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
bonkers Offline

Group: Members
Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 19:29

best guitar effects pedal? which would you say is the best on the market at the moment
Profile PM 
emac Offline

Posted: Oct. 11 2005, 21:23

Now that, is almost impossible to answer!
     It is down to personal choice. Many people prefer Boss pedals as they are probably the most realiable pedals on the planet.
If value is your concern the Marshall and Danelectro pedals are well worth a look. (and have their own vibe too)
DoD pedals were good value and apart from their distortions were of a high sound quality although the foot switches (easily replaceable) were not!
Digitech pedals (related to DoD) fix the switch problem and sound pretty special too.
For overdrives the Ibanez Tube Screamer is still pretty much the world standard although you will either love or hate the sound. There is a TS for everyones budget (they all sound simmilar)
Multi FX, Well that is an even bigger can of worms.
All I can say about them is that the Zoom 505 tends not to last a long time.... (the only one that I have had any experience with before going back to my old seperate pedals).
So no one answer....
Profile PM 
bonkers Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 06:31

i have a boss ME-50 at the moment.its ok but i need more sounds  :/  is there any pedal that will say...make your guitar sound like a violin etc
i downloaded a program that let u do this,a guitar synthezier or somthing...but it was kind of messed up at times.
Profile PM 
emac Offline

Posted: Oct. 12 2005, 19:59

There is a Roland guitar synth out at the moment that comes with the synth pickup etc and at a reasonable price too, but I cannot remember the name of it. It had all the standard sounds and it tracked "ok" I think that it would be the best way of making your guitar sound like anything but a guitar!
Profile PM 
Korgscrew Offline

Group: Super Admins
Posted: Oct. 13 2005, 22:40

That would be the Roland GR 20.

It really depends what is meant by making the guitar sound like a violin. Some people talk about that and mean distorting the sound to get a particular soft, singing kind of sound (then optionally using a volume pedal or a gate to add a bowed quality to the notes). A guitar synthesiser wouldn't be the best way of getting that kind of sound. It would however be better at making a sound more like a real violin.You could use the MIDI output of the GR 20 to trigger a high quality sample, which could sound reasonably like an acoustic violin (it of course also has a violin sound built in, but it would depend on how close to the real sound you wanted to get).

The VG-8/VG-88 can do a kind of 'violin' sound too, though again it's not really like an acoustic violin.

I compared one of the Boss ME series (a slightly earlier one than the ME50, I forget which - it wasn't mine) to a load of their individual pedals once, and there was really no comparison at all - the pedals sounded a lot better to my ears, with more depth to the sound and an overall fatter tone. If you like the general sound of certain effects, but don't like the way the particular ones in your MultiFX unit sound, getting individual pedals is a good way to go.
Profile PM 
jonnyw Offline

Posted: Oct. 15 2005, 21:10

ok, so i used to use a zoom 606 when I was much younger, surprisingly enough, they are pretty versatile. this gave me the knowledge off all effects i could hope to achieve in the future. I bought a marshall DFX range amp, this therefore meant it comes with its own effects, i stronly advise anyone to use one of these, the delay is better than any ive ever used on a boss or digitech. I also use a boss chorus pedal, boss super octave, a dunlop DB-09 wah etc etc, so i recomend boss - durable as hell my friend!

--------------
Grand piano.
Reed and pipe organ.
Glockenspeil.
Bass guitar.
Vocal chords.
Two slightly sampled electric guitars.
The venitian effect.
Digital sound processor.
And Tubular bells.

Solo music - http://-terrapin-.bebo.com

Band music - http://www.rsimusic.com
Profile PM WEB 
5 replies since Oct. 11 2005, 19:29 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net