Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Topic: Before climax 1-12 strings< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
gorjanbak Offline

Group: Members
Posted: July 07 2000, 02:47

In 5;45 min. of Amarok just before began of climax 1-12 strings there is a man or personaly Mike that makes some noice sounding like hmmm.What's that?
Profile PM 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: July 07 2000, 04:51

Hi,

AP Amarok Tracklist :
01:02:32:35 Intro
01:03:04:35 \___ Fa So
01:05:04:30 \___ Like Crazy
01:05:32:50 \___ Calm Down
01:05:45:30 \___ "Mm hm..."
01:05:46:20 Climax I - 12 Strings

Well, IMHO, this is only Mike making "Mm hm" with his mouth wink, surely because He likes it like that... This prepares the 12 Strings Climax. Amarok is full of things like that (e.g. Bash section, "HaHaHaHa" (from Happy sample before another Climax), chainsaw, teethbrush, the crash at the end of Baker Speech...))

GMOVJ

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 07 2000, 06:54

I'm sure it's Mike, even though I have no proof. It's so typical for him. Right before such an explosion of sound, you would expect a "YEAH LET'S GO!" or something. But Mike just goes "Mmm".
[In my MIDI version, I didn't have a "Mmm", so I used a heartbeat]
-Carsten-

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
Jammer Offline

Posted: July 19 2000, 20:11

I don't think a "YEAH LET'S GO" is right. It would be a bit like "Take it away!" in Platinum. Everything about that section though is perfect.

I've recently got very good headphones. The difference in the sound of this is much clearer. It's definately Hmm-hm like laughing. In the interlude as well you can audibly hear "Not to be listened to by cloth eared nincompoops" repeated lots of times whereas with my last headphones you couldn't
Profile PM 
Jammer Offline

Posted: July 20 2000, 15:02

sorry, I meant to say "Intermission"
Profile PM 
liron Offline

Posted: July 24 2000, 10:52

well, i reckon it is a lough... it comes right after a quiet passage where you would expect it to stay quiet and than build slowly into a climex. mike is simply making the climex MORE powerful as he uses silence or quiet music folowed by sudden outbursting creschendo. yeah, amarok is full of this kinda stuff "you think you can go take a nap now? well guess again (booooom!!!)".

so the "hmmm hm" is mike loughing to himself (well HE knows that yer gonna get a 30dB blow to yer ears in a sec...)
Profile PM 
CarstenKuss Offline

Group: Musicians
Posted: July 24 2000, 16:05

liron, you found MUCH better words to express EXACTLY what I meant. Thank you!!!

--------------
-Carsten-
Profile PM WEB 
GMOVJ Offline

Posted: July 25 2000, 03:47

i agree with Carsten, there are the good words for my though too.
Can i add this : this laugh may be a bit 'ironic' and 'say' something like "ready?" don't you think ? Not sure but...

--------------
Cheers,
GMOVJ
[URL=http://tubular.fodplanet.com]http://tubular.fodplanet.com[/URL] - The french speaking mailing list
Profile PM WEB 
raven4x4x Offline

Posted: Mar. 14 2002, 03:36

to me it sounded like a bass guitar note
I really like that little mm or whatever it is, don't know why. I just do.

--------------
Thank-you for helping us help you help us all.
Profile PM 
qjamesfloyd Offline

Posted: Mar. 29 2014, 05:19

I've always like the hmm mm bit too, but can't explain why, maybe it's just Mike being playful as he likes to be, as if saying to the listener, "Just you wait till you hear this next bit"
Profile PM 
9 replies since July 07 2000, 02:47 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

Forums | Links | Instruments | Discography | Tours | Articles | FAQ | Artwork | Wallpapers
Biography | Gallery | Videos | MIDI / Ringtones | Tabs | Lyrics | Books | Sitemap | Contact

Mike Oldfield Tubular.net
Mike Oldfield Tubular.net